AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things bugging waiters/waitresses similar to camgirls:

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsabellaSnow

Cam Model
Feb 3, 2012
myfreecams!
profiles.myfreecams.com
I thought as we often compare things that are said in camming to "would you do that in a restaurant?" I'd post this up.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/st ... id=9205214

Not all of them relate, the ones I think definitely relate are number 1 with the cliched not funny jokes that they get all the time.
Number 4, though you can't snap your fingers at a model, members definitely make demands in the same way.
Number 5, the amount of dudes who ask for something/don't read your profile properly and then act shocked when it's not what they wanted.
6... kind of... when you're about to leave and someone turns up and gets all butthurt about it and tries taking your time up and keeps you longer.
8 definitely! Dudes constantly compliment, are really polite without tipping or while tipping low when they clearly have more tokens.
9 the camping thing yes definitely. 90% of members are campers.
lol 11 of course...
12... I think to a point I do get birthday request from non tippers/low tippers.
13... Well, kind of relates, dudes trying to take up/waste time. It seems to happen quite a lot.
16 definitely works with videos. Dudes ask me what my favourite videos are.... How am I supposed to answer that? They're videos I made, I'm not going to have the same experience a member would watching them, for me it's just where I find I like how I look physically rather than how hot it is.
17 doesn't really relate but man that used to piss me off when I was a waitress! People always used to ignore the queues and find a table, then act really pissed off when they didn't have menu's and weren't getting service. I worked in a really posh restaurant that always had giant queues so it was pretty ridiculous.
18.... 18 is one of my biggest pet peeves as a camgirl. I think I should just paste that little bit here:
18. No, I’m not a student, and, yes, this is my real job.

Servers always get asked if they are students or if they have another “real” job. As harmless as this question seems to you, it is in fact, pretty insulting to your server.

How would you feel if you were at work and people constantly asked you if this was your real job or if you were going to school so that you could get a better job someday? You may just be curious or making conversation but please realize that you’re telling your server that they have a crappy, meaningless job that they can’t possibly like or find fulfilling. Please try to fathom that some people actually like being servers.
It never ceases to amaze me that people think this is an acceptable question to ask. With waitressing/shop work and jobs that some might ask people this question if you take it seriously you can really pursue it as a career and be very successful, and well, with camming, again, if you take it seriously and work hard you can seriously make bank! It annoys me no end being asked by dudes who earn probably a 6th of what I earn per hour if I have a "real job".
And well, number 20 is one we definitely experience.

As a whole I do think "customers" in the cam world are far more irritating and stupid than people at restaurants, but they are pretty similar really.

Actually I thought a bunch of those were pretty rude.

Like the whole "vegans stay home" thing. I was a vegan for several years and while I may have been a bit of a pain, I never had a server custom-make me a dish, and I always tipped extremely well. But I guess vegans shouldn't ever eat out? Because it's not isolating enough to not be able to eat the food your friends/family are eating, now you just shouldn't ever go out to eat with loved ones?

Oh, and I guess if you have food allergies, fuck you too?

And really, it takes so fucking long for a server to grab a to-go box. Come the fuck on. I don't like to waste food, and yes, I will eat that, thankyouverymuch.

And the booth thing...I have a thing where sitting in the wrong location causes me pretty bad anxiety. Namely, in the middle of the restaurant, with my back facing the door. If there's no booths I'm not going to complain, but if there are empty booths vs. tables, it's not really a big deal to ask for a booth, is it? I mean, it's a yes/no question. Either there is or there isn't. Yeah, it'd be dickish to go on about it, but to simply request a booth?

So, let's get this straight. I can't ask for a booth, or a to-go box, or suggestions...but of course, none of that would matter if I were still a vegan since I shouldn't even be there, so...I guess my usual 20% tip of 0 is...0. yeah.

I like to go out to eat and have a nice meal and tip well. How DARE I try to enjoy it/order food I can actually eat!

Edit: I was also a server once upon a time..

Some similar points could have been made in that waitress post without sounding like such a flaming bitch.

But not everyone has the best way with words. It's probably good advice that those people not write blogs and such.

AmberCutie said:
Some similar points could have been made in that waitress post without sounding like such a flaming bitch.

But not everyone has the best way with words. It's probably good advice that those people not write blogs and such.

Yes, I'll agree with that one! I thought the thing about allergies was pretty wtf?! My dad's girlfriend is intolerant to wheat and always has loads of problems eating out, it's not like she does it deliberately, but she needs to make sure everything doesn't have wheat in it. Sometimes restaurants will be really kind and go overboard for her, sometimes they're a pain about it. I can understand how it can be frustrating, but those are things people can't really help. Same with the whole vegan thing. Vegan food is basically just dairy and meat free, hardly a massive deal, usually there are foods on the menu's that can be modified, especially if it's a nice restaurant.

Some of them were interesting, but I will agree that some of it was ridiculous. I found it interesting the ones that are just so similar to camming, that's really why I posted it up here.

VeronicaChaos said:
Actually I thought a bunch of those were pretty rude.

Like the whole "vegans stay home" thing. I was a vegan for several years and while I may have been a bit of a pain, I never had a server custom-make me a dish, and I always tipped extremely well. But I guess vegans shouldn't ever eat out? Because it's not isolating enough to not be able to eat the food your friends/family are eating, now you just shouldn't ever go out to eat with loved ones?

And really, it takes so fucking long for a server to grab a to-go box. Come the fuck on. I don't like to waste food, and yes, I will eat that, thankyouverymuch.

And the booth thing...I have a thing where sitting in the wrong location causes me pretty bad anxiety. Namely, in the middle of the restaurant, with my back facing the door. If there's no booths I'm not going to complain, but if there are empty booths vs. tables, it's not really a big deal to ask for a booth, is it? I mean, it's a yes/no question. Either there is or there isn't. Yeah, it'd be dickish to go on about it, but to simply request a booth?

So, let's get this straight. I can't ask for a booth, or a to-go box, or suggestions...but of course, none of that would matter if I were still a vegan since I shouldn't even be there, so...I guess my usual 20% tip of 0 is...0. yeah.

I like to go out to eat and have a nice meal and tip well. How DARE I try to enjoy it/order food I can actually eat!

Edit: I was also a server once upon a time..
I feel like this was written by some pretty douchey servers. I have only been a server my whole life until I was a camgirl. Yes I hate campers, yeah vegans who request you create a menu item are pretty annoying and saying "oh we made if just before you closed! :)" and then getting a 3 course meal is rude but some of the other things is just being angry about nothing.

This was clearly not written by a talented server.

I was a waitress before camming and the one reason they've always been incomparable to me is that in serving, I had to be nice to all the annoying customers, whereas on cam I can be like "ew fuck off" :lol:

Also I get having pet peeves and a lot of those things in the article are annoying but as a lifelong server/retail employee I can't stand servers with that attitude. Like, yeah it can be irritating but restaurants aren't cheap and to me, it makes a difference of the person is rude or not. A nice customer can ask for whatever they want, lol. Rude customers annoy me no matter what they do, lol. I get that these are minimum wage jobs so people just get stuck in them (and I think it's be in company's best interest to pay better & get better work out of people), but man I hate shitty customer service or when you can tell the person hates you for existing.

My friends and I went for dinner the other night and our waitress brought us the wrong bill, then rolled her eyes at us when we told her. :angry4: I can't even with that. I was a shitty server (clumsy and anxious lol), but I always did okay because I didn't have the crummy "ugh everything you do is an inconvenience to me" attitude.

tl;dr I hate servers with shitty attitudes

VeronicaChaos said:

The vegan and food allergies thing also rubbed me the wrong way given that i have a blood condition that can be affected by what i eat, and a close friend of mine has several food allergies. The blogger might as well have written, "We don't want nor appreciate your kind"

Just to flip the thread back to rude patrons/members, some of you probably heard of the woman enjoying a $138 meal at a restaurant but skipping out on the tip because she's claims to be a poor single mother as an excuse.

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/02/single-mom-s ... rant-bill/

The closest parallel to the cam world (that i can think of) is whenever someone uses the "i would tip you all the tokens but i'm too poor right now" excuse. If someone has a better parallel, by all means post it.

mutantdonut said:
Just to flip the thread back to rude patrons/members, some of you probably heard of the woman enjoying a $138 meal at a restaurant but skipping out on the tip because she's claims to be a poor single mother as an excuse.

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/02/single-mom-s ... rant-bill/

The closest parallel to the cam world (that i can think of) is whenever someone uses the "i would tip you all the tokens but i'm too poor right now" excuse. If someone has a better parallel, by all means post it.
As I was looking at the receipt I was thinking the 'single mom sorry' didn't match up with the rest of the handwriting. The O in mom is a stand alone letter. Elsewhere it's joined to the next letter. The N in single ends on an upstroke. The N in thank ends in a down stroke. There's several other little differences. Then I read that others have questioned the validity of it too. I think someone else wrote it in after so they could get a response on reddit.

I agree that on that receipt the handwriting at the top isn't the same as at the bottom. To be fair sometimes my handwriting isn't always the same, but why you'd have joined up writing at the bottom and not at the top... it makes no sense. I think it is probably a fake. I'd be pretty pissed off if that were my bill and I'd given them a generous tip and had seen that note on the net.

Reactions: LadyLuna
lol this was written by people who don't like to work. In past lives I have been a bartender, server, manager, and all of the things. In my professional opinion, vegans are more like the feet guys :-D
Their requests are slightly unusual but common, and easy money for a picture of toes/making sure the soup has no cream.

Author's being a baby, yo.

Camrooms can kind of be like a bar though with the regulars.. and I once worked with a bartender who was changing jobs and got a $1200 tip from a regular he'd always been nice to before he moved on. In those ways it's similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.