AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thinking about modeling...a few q's

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2018
I have a couple of questions. I am interested in doing some cam work for the very short term, I need to catch up on some bills and whatnot, so I would like to optimize the experience if at all possible.

1) What is your average compensation per week and how much time do you put in to make this much money? If you make more than the average model, why?
2) What sites are good to start with?
3) I am 32 but look much younger, 5'3, 122 lbs, fit, tan with tan lines, and have a shaved head. Would men be interested in watching me?
4) How can I do this and still maintain my privacy?

Thanks in advance for reading and responding!

1) I don't put in many hours like I used to on camming because I worked my ass off for years building my high placement. I'm not gonna tell you how much i make, because my earnings are not realistic for many new models and nunya. Just know your earning potential depends on you. You can make anywhere from $0 to hundreds in hours. Everyone's experience is different.

2) all of them. Everyone's experience is different. Best advice is to put many eggs in your basket until you figure out which one or two is more valuable to commit your time to.

3) age, size, looks aren't ever a determining factor if you will do good or not. There is someone for everyone. The most important factor is are you able to capture and audience and be entertaining?

4) the internet is forever. Every second you are on cam, you are being recorded and archieved for eternity. You cannot control the internet. You can protect your idendity by making sure your private social media existence is practically non-existent. Also picking a camname different from your own.

1) What is your average compensation per week and how much time do you put in to make this much money? If you make more than the average model, why?

Right now I'm averaging around $100/hr. My average over my entire camming career is probably closer to $70/hr. Some models make a lot less, and some models make a lot more. The last time I researched, $15-20/hr was the industry average, but that number could be more or less now.

Private-based sites (like Streamate) are probably the best starters for most.

3) I am 32 but look much younger, 5'3, 122 lbs, fit, tan with tan lines, and have a shaved head. Would men be interested in watching me?

Age and looks don't matter as much as work ethic. Show up, put in the time, and see what happens.

Short answer: You don't.

There are steps you can take to make it harder for people to find the real you, but nothing's foolproof.

Hello, fellow (possible) newb! I started camming in May, so maybe I can give you my opinion as someone whose merely dipped her toes thus far.

So.... This one is hard to answer. It all depends. I've been camming for 2 months now, for 3-4 hours most nights (usually taking weekends off) so 5 days a week/ish. I would put myself at like $300/week right now, but the big thing to remember is you NEED to set aside at least 30% of all your earnings as a cam girl because you're now an independent contractor with a tax return at the end of the year...... I think compensation should be your last focus, because starting out is more of a platform-building struggle focus than a money focus. If you're solely going into it for money, you're going to get discouraged because this definitely isn't a "get rich quick" deal and it takes more work than I anticipated. I have already put a decent amount of $$ back into the "business", using all my Amazon gift cards I get through working thus far to buy things to enhance my show like better lights, webcam, toys, outfits, an extra screen etc.

If you're doing public stream which I recommend until you at least build up a following, I would go for Chaturbate or My Free Cams. MFC has a camscore that you really have to nurture though, or it can hurt you in the long run I guess- I use Chaturbate so I'm unfamiliar with MFC's workings. If private, I would try Streammate.

If you give them a reason to watch you. In the sex industry, I've discovered something really quickly: there is a man/woman/person out there that wants to see your body type/personality & is willing to pay for it. The challenge is reaching them, and giving them a reason to give you their money. Be yourself, bottom line: you will get tired of anything else after x months. Whatever you are most self-conscious about, they're probably drooling over. Some of my biggest insecurities have really come into focus now that I do this work; I feel so much more confident & happy with myself, and I think it's important you do too, because it shows and guys love your confidence. Appearance plays a small role in getting tips, and I think it's super important to try and be more comfortable about it. :) CONFIDENCE IS POWER, CONFIDENCE IS KEY! *high fives air*

Purchase a VPN. Delete any social media you're not attached to, and what you are attached to, re-do the privacy settings and make sure everything is strict. I would take your last name off platforms and replace it with your middle or a nickname so it's harder to find you. Don't use the same pictures on Facebook that you use on your dirty girl Twitter, because people reverse image search. You could wear wigs, cosplay, really put up a character when you are on cam.... But I think it's important to understand that there are people out there that can find out whatever the hell they want whether or not you want them to, and they will "expose" you. It isn't super common, but it happens, and it's something you should be prepared for. Once it's on the internet, it can always be on the internet, anywhere- it's just how society is today in my opinion.

Welcome! I'm also a newer/just-started-this-year model, so perhaps my two cents could benefit you as well.

Since April, I've consistently made between $500 and $1,500 per week, not including tributes, gifts, etc. When I'm camming live on Streamate, I try to put in at least 20 hours per week working a 4 hour shift per day. I also do Skype shows on indy sites like NiteFlirt, CamModelDirectory, and LiveCamModelShows and I stay logged in for at least 8 hours a day. I find that I make more money when I do both, meaning if I actually commit to my Streamate schedule while simultaneously staying available/logged into my indy sites, I make closer to/over the $1,500 but if I'm just doing indy, I'll more often than not make less than that.

I've heard I make a little more money than the average new model, so I guess I can answer the second question.

A. Offering phone/texting services alongside of camming definitely helps my income. On Niteflirt, I create games, content, etc. that constantly sells, even while I'm asleep or unavailable. As far as non-passive income goes, if I don't feel like being on camera, I can always pick up the phone and make just as much, if not more, than I do on cam. So having a lot of eggs in a lot of baskets is generally my money-maker.

B. I also feel like being a Domme slightly helps. It's easier for someone who does what I do to get away with demanding large amounts of cash from members without putting in much effort because that's often their fetish, and the site I use for camming (Streamate) definitely has a crowd for that.

C. Starting with high rates. A lot of models think they need to have very low tip-menu/per-minute rates just because they're new. I never liked the idea of that, so I never subscribed to it and I've been doing just fine. Everyone's experience is different, however -- some find they make double what they make at a higher rate when their rate is on the low end (due to a higher volume of shows, calls, etc.), and others, like myself, find that they make more money because they ask for more money. In other words, everyone inevitably has slow days, even with lower rates, so I'd rather make more than less during my slumps. I personally find that with high rates, rather than depending on multiple guys to want to spend, I only need one big spender to hit my goal and log off.

All of them! But like others have said, Streamate has been praised for being very beginner-friendly. If you like the atmosphere of token sites and public shows, I'd suggest Chaturbate to start out.

And if you want to offer Skype shows, I highly recommend Niteflirt. It's mostly for phone sex, but it does have a "phone w/ cam" section for selling Skype/Discord sessions. There are plenty of other indy sites to put yourself onto, but Niteflirt has the most traffic for that IMO.

So long as you're engaging, interesting, and consistent, men will always watch. Looks and age aren't too much of a factor unless you're using them to target a niche (for instance, I'm black so I milk the ebony niche and I'm young so the coed thing works as well).

You really can't. There's no guarantee you'll be outed, some models do this for years and years with no one in their personal life being any the wiser, but it's best to go into this industry prepared to be "caught." It's just the nature of the beast most of the time and like AudriTwo said, the internet is forever; always assume someone is recording you, it'll save you a hell of a lot of grief if it ends up being true because you knew it would happen. A VPN, a disguise (makeup/wig/contact lenses/mask/etc.), and fake name/birthdate/location are all your best friends when it comes to keeping the likelihood to a minimum, but many models have still been exposed despite all of this. If this is a major concern of yours, don't do it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo
Camming can be a great way of making more money, but you will only be able to make the money you dream of after a while. If you're only thinking of camming for a couple of weeks to pay your debts, my advice is don't. \it would be more useful to look for a part-time job so that you can get the extra money you need. Camming is a full-time engagement and it requires time, skill, dedication and patience to do it right.
Now, to answer your questions:
- you could earn anywhere between a couple of hundred or thousand dollars a month, it depends on how much time you spend online and how many loyal members you make
- there are literally dozens of websites you can cam on, read thoroughly their terms and conditions and make sure you fully understand them before you accept to work with a certain platform
- it's not important how you look as men are attracted to different types of features, having an interesting personality and being intelligent are far more valuable gifts in this line of work
- once you are out there (on the internet) you must understand that there is always a chance to be discovered, my advice is to keep your real personality offline as much as possible and avoid social platforms of you are also going to use them to promote your cam persona

• Helpful!
Reactions: CurvyJ
Status
Not open for further replies.