Thoughts on seeing yourself in emoticons?

  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you models see yourself turned into emoticons with screen caps & animated gifs on MFC, what are your thoughts? Sometimes see models taking an interest in them, but I wonder if they actually like them or if they're just humoring us since emoticons are so popular among Premiums?

Does what is in the emoticon affect your opinion? Do you prefer them to be sexy, rather than possibly embarrassing? Or silly, rather than explicit?
I think I spend more time on MFC than anything else just browsing emoticons or adding more to the site. :shifty:
 

LadyLuna

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 8, 2010
6,741
9,462
293
ladylunasplace.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@EveMatteo
MFC Username
LadyLuna
Streamate Username
Lady_Luna
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/42697/LadyLuna
There used to be two of them with me, dunno if they're still there. lunashoe, of me dancing with a shoe on my head, and normalluna, me bouncing on my bed while eating a cracker. Of the two, I don't mind either, but I do mind the implication that I'm usually eating on camera. At the time they were made, I used to cam all day, sometimes twelve hours. I would break for meals, but I'd also have snacks between the meals to keep my energy up, so once a day there would be some eating on camera. And while it did happen almost every day, it was almost never all day. But the particular premium who made both emoticons had a schedule where he was always in my room right about when I'd get hungry. So to him, I was always eating.

I find lunashoe fun. I'd probably find normalluna fun if it had another name.
 
Aug 27, 2012
556
2,062
193
Somewhere But Not Here
I'm not a model, of course, but I just wanted to say that my policy with submitting emotes, posting screen caps, and so on is this: if I have any doubt at all as to whether the model will be okay with it I check with her before putting it out there. I don't want to put something up and find out it embarrassed the lady or made her angry. A few days ago, I got one of Iris making a really strange face. She thought it was horrible, so you won't see it here.
 

curvyredhead

Cam Model
Apr 30, 2012
4,125
13,605
763
30
New York Fucking City
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@curvyredhead89
Tumblr Username
CurvyRedheadSexy
MFC Username
CurvyRedhead
Streamate Username
CurvyRedhead
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/41/CurvyRedhead/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/61989/CurvyRedhead
Great Question!

I don't think I have any emoticons, I am to lazy to make them myself---and my regulars clearly do not care about them i guess...

However, I really enjoy watching them in other girls rooms...and also wonder how they feel about it.

I know some girls who make them themselves even and either submit themselves, or ask a member to do it.
 

Shaun__

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 16, 2011
5,955
10,429
793
LadyLuna said:
There used to be two of them with me, dunno if they're still there. lunashoe, of me dancing with a shoe on my head, and normalluna, me bouncing on my bed while eating a cracker. Of the two, I don't mind either, but I do mind the implication that I'm usually eating on camera. At the time they were made, I used to cam all day, sometimes twelve hours. I would break for meals, but I'd also have snacks between the meals to keep my energy up, so once a day there would be some eating on camera. And while it did happen almost every day, it was almost never all day. But the particular premium who made both emoticons had a schedule where he was always in my room right about when I'd get hungry. So to him, I was always eating.

I find lunashoe fun. I'd probably find normalluna fun if it had another name.
I went and looked at your emotes. I think normalluna is referring to your happy bouncy personality, not the cracker eating. I also think you have a good sense of balance.

 

JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 6, 2011
7,093
17,006
793
goldenaye666 said:
I also wonder if a model asked, would MFC remove emoticons? They're amusing while a model is working there, but once she is quitting it might be better if the evidence got removed. :think:
Yes. they do. Several have been removed i know of at the requests of models.
 

Heather

Cam Model
Sep 20, 2013
293
1,820
113
Twitter Username
@Heather_MFC
MFC Username
Heather
I love them! I love seeing other models' and I like mine, even if they're derpy. I can understand why a model wouldn't want unflattering ones, but personally I don't really care. Can't really control everything. I'm broadcasting live on the internet - every moment doing so has the potential of being captured forever and possibly even used against me. I'm fully aware of that and make the choice to keep doing it. So :dontknow:

But it's courteous to check with the model first if you're not sure. :thumbleft:
 
Jun 9, 2014
802
2,744
143
I have made quite a few of two of my favourite models. I always ask first and both ladies deliberately hammed it up for them, with the exception of one vid I capped without her knowing (she knows I would cap her randomly for emotes; not a creep lol). I showed it to her first and she was cool with it. Another model gave me the OK and then changed her mind just as I was about to submit it. All good; her face, her choice. The ladies I have made emotes for both said it's cool as long as they don't include nudity.

I would never secretly make one and then submit it without asking first.
 
HarmlessSquirrel said:
If I have any doubt at all as to whether the model will be okay with it I check with her before putting it out there. I don't want to put something up and find out it embarrassed the lady or made her angry.
Heather said:
But it's courteous to check with the model first if you're not sure. :thumbleft:
JimsX said:
I always ask first... The ladies I have made emotes for both said it's cool as long as they don't include nudity.

Good advice. I don't make any of models unless I've been somewhat of a regular in their room first. So I can gauge what their reaction might be. If I don't think they'll mind, then I'll just make one or two to use as an example to start, and host them on my own domain in a private image folder to show them, before I submit them to MFC to become emoticons. Then I can delete them myself if they have an adverse reaction.

Since you have to upload them somewhere else first before submitting them MFC, I recommend people use an image site that allows you to delete your uploads. http://imgur.com gives a deletion link after uploading. Usually MFC approves a submission with about 24 hours, so you can safely delete the link after that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JimsX and Gen

Miss_Lollipop

CammodelExpress.com
Cam Model
Industry Representative
Feb 7, 2011
6,716
34,763
293
New Orleans, LA
www.miss-lollipop.com
Twitter Username
@MissLollipopMFC
Tumblr Username
misslollipoptumbles
MFC Username
Miss_Lollipop
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/46293/misslollipop
I love 90% of my emotes.

There are a couple i'd like to remove. Is there a way to do that?
 
Jun 9, 2014
802
2,744
143
Miss_Lollipop said:
I love 90% of my emotes.

There are a couple i'd like to remove. Is there a way to do that?
There is an option to flag the emote for removal. Not sure what MFC would require as a reason, though I am sure if it's your image they would have no issue removing it.
 
JerryBoBerry said:
goldenaye666 said:
I also wonder if a model asked, would MFC remove emoticons? They're amusing while a model is working there, but once she is quitting it might be better if the evidence got removed. :think:
Yes. they do. Several have been removed i know of at the requests of models.
Miss_Lollipop said:
I love 90% of my emotes.

There are a couple i'd like to remove. Is there a way to do that?
Apparently so per Jerry's reply to my earlier post today.

There is the flag emoticon option, but to reach it I think the emoticon has to be displaying in a chat room, then click on it, and when is pops up to display bigger, the flag link is above the image.

But it might help more if you message support from your model account, and give them the :keyword for the emoticons you'd like removed.
 
Jun 9, 2014
802
2,744
143
KristinaReapsMe said:
I would love to have one but I'm usually dancing around like an idiot and I forget to record when I do something really cool.
Might I suggest you ask one of your regulars to do it for you? Just have him pm when he is ready so you can be prepared :p
 

KayleePond

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Jun 29, 2012
3,228
25,182
213
Geeksville
Twitter Username
@KayleePond
Tumblr Username
KayleePond
MFC Username
KayleePond
Streamate Username
KayleePond
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/38765/Kaylee-Pond/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62721/kayleepond
I have almost 100 of me or about me, which is preeeeeetty crazy!! Many of them are silly or sweet and there are some sexy ones too! I think that in general a lot of them will capture an emotion like me dancing happily, pouting playfully, hiding behind something, looking shocked or perhaps pretending to be a Kaiju in the bathtub, licking a stick of butter, etc. There's even one dedicated to the sound my water bottle makes when it opens! It seems like lots of times people will use them just like other emotes, something to express the emotion or sometimes it's just when the action in the emote is directly related to the chat. Seriously it's kind of amazing that there are SO many but a lot of them seem to be in really active use in my room and I must say I think it's a lot of fun! Sometimes I feel a bit shy about the fact that I have so many, but I have members who enjoy making them and I'm honored each time that they do. It's really incredibly flattering and I feel lucky to have such sweet and talented members who take the time to make them.

Though I hope it's not something I ever needed to say, every once in a while I'll remind people to please NEVER use emotes of me in any other models' rooms. I would just hate for me to distract or take attention away from a model even in a small way! Nearly all of the emotes start with "KP" so I think that makes it much less likely that someone might accidentally put my face or boobs or whatever in another model's chat.

Anyway, I never expected so many emotes of me to come about and it's kind of shocking to realize there are SO many, but it's become a fun aspect of the community for my regulars and myself, and I've embraced it and think it's lots of fun!
 
Jun 9, 2014
802
2,744
143
KayleePond said:
I have almost 100 of me or about me, which is preeeeeetty crazy!! Many of them are silly or sweet and there are some sexy ones too! I think that in general a lot of them will capture an emotion like me dancing happily, pouting playfully, hiding behind something, looking shocked or perhaps pretending to be a Kaiju in the bathtub, licking a stick of butter, etc. There's even one dedicated to the sound my water bottle makes when it opens! It seems like lots of times people will use them just like other emotes, something to express the emotion or sometimes it's just when the action in the emote is directly related to the chat. Seriously it's kind of amazing that there are SO many but a lot of them seem to be in really active use in my room and I must say I think it's a lot of fun! Sometimes I feel a bit shy about the fact that I have so many, but I have members who enjoy making them and I'm honored each time that they do. It's really incredibly flattering and I feel lucky to have such sweet and talented members who take the time to make them.

Though I hope it's not something I ever needed to say, every once in a while I'll remind people to please NEVER use emotes of me in any other models' rooms. I would just hate for me to distract or take attention away from a model even in a small way! Nearly all of the emotes start with "KP" so I think that makes it much less likely that someone might accidentally put my face or boobs or whatever in another model's chat.

Anyway, I never expected so many emotes of me to come about and it's kind of shocking to realize there are SO many, but it's become a fun aspect of the community for my regulars and myself, and I've embraced it and think it's lots of fun!
It's wise for your members to start the emote code with something that would never be mistaken for anything else. How many of us have typed :shy on MFC and been surprised at the result? I must have done it at least 50 times myself. Very short memory :icon-cry:
 
  • Like
Reactions: KayleePond

Nordling

V.I.P. AmberLander
May 17, 2011
12,273
10,939
893
Pacific Northwest
Twitter Username
@Norderling
:lol: Well, :shy seems somewhat harmless at least:



Now, I often end a night in a room by typing :byebye which is a rather poorly done but cute, waving kitteh



However, once, without looking first, I typed what I thought was a rather innocuous :nightnight



Everyone laughed at me as I scrambled to explain I'd typed the wrong trigger. :)
 
Jun 9, 2014
802
2,744
143
Nordling said:
:lol: Well, :shy seems somewhat harmless at least:



Now, I often end a night in a room by typing :byebye which is a rather poorly done but cute, waving kitteh



However, once, without looking first, I typed what I thought was a rather innocuous :nightnight



Everyone laughed at me as I scrambled to explain I'd typed the wrong trigger. :)
Yeah shy is not a big deal. It tends to get the model and room laughing, since they have all probably done the same thing. :lol:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nordling
Sep 28, 2012
2,064
4,242
213
I can't seem to find or remember it but there is some variation of :app that results ain pretty nasty Dick pic. I have posted that a few times by accident and been pretty embarrassed. :oops:
 
Jun 9, 2014
802
2,744
143
HiGirlsRHot said:
I can't seem to find or remember it but there is some variation of :app that results ain pretty nasty Dick pic. I have posted that a few times by accident and been pretty embarrassed. :oops:

:lol: This one has caught me more than once. I just checked and it is :aapl but I am sure it was a different code before. Maybe we are thinking of different emotes, but this one shows a license plate with "I suck dick."
 
  • Like
Reactions: AshleyFox

KayleePond

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Jun 29, 2012
3,228
25,182
213
Geeksville
Twitter Username
@KayleePond
Tumblr Username
KayleePond
MFC Username
KayleePond
Streamate Username
KayleePond
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/38765/Kaylee-Pond/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62721/kayleepond
We call it "Emote Roulette" when someone tries out a code without knowing or remembering what the image actually is. It's often a fun, horrifying, and sometimes disappointing game. But mostly just hilarious. :lol:
 
Sep 28, 2012
2,064
4,242
213
JimsX said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
I can't seem to find or remember it but there is some variation of :app that results ain pretty nasty Dick pic. I have posted that a few times by accident and been pretty embarrassed. :oops:

:lol: This one has caught me more than once. I just checked and it is :aapl but I am sure it was a different code before. Maybe we are thinking of different emotes, but this one shows a license plate with "I suck dick."
Yup that is the one, it was painful enough that I blocked the exact image out of my mind. :D I not an accurate typist so I just use variations of :clap..

I have found from experience that trying out new emotes in form of a 5 token tip note is a good method.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JimsX
Mar 21, 2013
512
2,235
193
KayleePond said:
We call it "Emote Roulette" when someone tries out a code without knowing or remembering what the image actually is. It's often a fun, horrifying, and sometimes disappointing game. But mostly just hilarious. :lol:
It's fun and games until the member who constantly loses at "Emote Roulette" keeps trying their luck, then it's just...

:-D
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: KayleePond
Status
Not open for further replies.