AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thoughts on the word 'bb'?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What are your thoughts on the word "bb"?

• I can't stand the word.

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • I'm neutral towards the word.

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • I like the word.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Saying bb, moist, and phlegm is my favorite pastime. It's also 4AM and I lost control of my life.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find bb pretty cringe worthy, either for members or for models to use. I kind of understand why those terms get used, but it still comes across as being kind of fake and unnecessary in my book. Why not just stick to each others site names, as that seems more logical to me?

When I see guys jump into chat with a cheery, "Hi BB!", "See my PM BB", "read my PM BB", "answer my PM BB"... etc etc... my eyes roll so far back that I can just about read the label in the neck of my shirt! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the interest of full disclosure, bb is not the only dodgy term though... baby, bebe, boo, bae, bo, beau, hun, hunny.... and a good few more all make me wince! However, if models ever call me "daddy", or refer to me as a "John" or a "Client", then I'll be in the wind... hasta la vista, tweested sistah!!!!

:yikes:

Reactions: odioso
I don't like it because me and my partners always used "Baby" as a very personal, intimate thing expressing real love. I think the model doesn't have much to go on besides the language. Calling her bb or Baby can instantly push her to some level of possession.

Not at all sexy if you ask me. But then, I heard that not everything can be sexy :)

I do have problems addressing female body parts in a gentle but contemporary way. My English education was ok but didn't help to develop a feeling for this.

Is butt, pussy and tits ok in any and all cases? Or can these words also stir up bad feelings? Best alternatives?

Who started using "bb" first: the model or the user/customer?
I know this is just like ask what came first the chicken or egg, as we will not know but... what is everyone's opinion?

I think it was most likely the guys/users. The main reason I think this is because a lot of European or Russian and Ukraine models don't know what "bb" is and many other abbreviations and acronyms, so I can't imagine them starting it - even though now they do it once they have learned what it is and when/why/how it's used.

even though now they do it once they have learned what it is and when/why/how it's used.
Slang spreads quickly, and in quite mysterious ways. I also have a lot of "hru bb", "hrubb" (economical version lol) and "hi love" regularly spammed in PM when I browse rooms. The first two happen so often I suspect someone told the models it's how you greet users.

On a side note: I kept conversation with a Colombian native model (or "indian" as she called herself) for a few weeks. She never once used "bb" and always wrote fully formed sentences in (as far as I know) correct English. It was honestly a bit confusing, but she balanced it out nicely with some pretty horrible off colour jokes 😄

I can definitely understand from a model's perspective using shorthand, acronyms and abbreviations, especially when it's the same things over and over, day after day - such as "How are you" to people, so changing it to "hru" makes perfect sense. I'd get annoyed doing that 1000 times each and every day. The same applies to lots more, obviously.

I'm all for using acronyms and all (I use "OMG" all the time in posts, and WTF), but I think the "bb" thing just sounds dumb. How hard is it to just type "baby?" It's only two additional letters. Haha. The only time you'll hear me say "bb" (Other than referring to a gun) is if I'm on here posting/laughing about how guys on cam sites talk.

I hate when they called me hot bb and so on in portuguese. But in English doesn’t bother me only if the weirdo didn’t even say hi and send “you are daddy’s lil slut” NO HOE IM MY DAD LIL MED STUDENT PRINCESS GTFOH hahaha
wait is there a Portuguese equivalent of bb? haha

I'm all for using acronyms and all (I use "OMG" all the time in posts, and WTF), but I think the "bb" thing just sounds dumb. How hard is it to just type "baby?" It's only two additional letters. Haha. The only time you'll hear me say "bb" (Other than referring to a gun) is if I'm on here posting/laughing about how guys on cam sites talk.
I always figured it was peeps who are typing with only their left hand (ifuknowwhatimean) that can't be bothered to reach for that far away 'y' key :haha:

The word makes me think of these hilarious xtranormal videos, so I laugh whenever I hear it.

Geez that was funny, thanks for posting.

I also found it amusing that the original youtube poster was called Bubs Bubble..
So no wonder they get the extra BB's.

But yeah I'll be trying to add it to the ban words while I'm setting up, as I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.