AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thoughts on these lights?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaCharlotte

Cam Model
Jul 13, 2019
Twitter Username
@avacharlotte13
MFC Username
avacharlottex
Chaturbate Username
avacharlottex
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002596770/AvaCharlotteX/
I've been looking into new options for lighting for my webcamming and video filming. My lighting now is pretty good but I just really want to get it to that next level. I already have three umbrella lights facing me from my left, right, and front, but it still just doesn't look as good as I want it to. I see tons of girls with their ManyVids videos with that beautiful bright white lighting with no shadows at all and I have no clue how to get it. It would also be a super nifty bonus if the lights I get could change colors for mood lighting when I want it. I know Phillip's sells hue lights but I don't even know what I would attach those bulbs to. What do you guys think of these? Do you think they can give me the results I'm looking for?

Make sure the image you share is an image file .jpeg or .png or .gif

Please post images of the lighting you want to achieve and the results you are getting so I can see what you mean

I feel a little odd posting a screenshot of her preview lmao but basically this is purple_bitch on ManyVids and her quality is BEAUTIFUL. I'm sure a lot of that is that she probably shoots using a DSLR but the lighting is really beautiful too. Also Larkin Love's lighting is flawless.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 6.21.41 PM.png

I see it looking pretty similar you have only 2 minor issues one is with light fall-off... meaning a decrease of light intensity as you move further away from the light source. The model you are trying to emulate is either standing way closer to her light source than you are... OR her light source is much brighter than yours. Second... by using a DSLR she can then adjust the brightness not through the lamps but through aperture and speed so she has much more control than you if you are using an automatic camera. In short: you need brighter lights and/or get closer to your lights to achieve the effect. Using a DSLR in manual mode will help you have more control over the outcome.

Second issue: the model is mixing different light types and sources in both screenshots while you are using only lamps. On the first screenshot she is combining her white lights with mood lighting which gives her more saturation and visual interest. In her second screenshot she is mixing daylight lamps with actual daylight which is filling up the room through one or several big windows. If you want a similar look you need a variety of light sources.

Edit: if the shadows on the wall are the thing you are concerned about you need distance from the wall to lose them. Look at how much distance between her and her back wall vs you and yours

I see it looking pretty similar you have only 2 minor issues one is with light fall-off... meaning a decrease of light intensity as you move further away from the light source. The model you are trying to emulate is either standing way closer to her light source than you are... OR her light source is much brighter than yours. Second... by using a DSLR she can then adjust the brightness not through the lamps but through aperture and speed so she has much more control than you if you are using an automatic camera. In short: you need brighter lights and/or get closer to your lights to achieve the effect. Using a DSLR in manual mode will help you have more control over the outcome.

Second issue: the model is mixing different light types and sources in both screenshots while you are using only lamps. On the first screenshot she is combining her white lights with mood lighting which gives her more saturation and visual interest. In her second screenshot she is mixing daylight lamps with actual daylight which is filling up the room through one or several big windows. If you want a similar look you need a variety of light sources.

Edit: if the shadows on the wall are the thing you are concerned about you need distance from the wall to lose them. Look at how much distance between her and her back wall vs you and yours
I had similar concerns thanks.

thanks so much, that's really helpful!!! I'm working on getting a DSLR so if you have any suggestions for which ones are good for this purpose and for streaming with let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.