AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thumbnail goes Live when Cam Model is Online?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021
I am curious about what happens when you are on the Main Page and just randomly drag the pointer over any thumbnail. I see that after a few seconds, the picture turns into the model's live cam. However, you are not in fact into the chat room.
Browsing through Firefox, I can see at the bottom of the current tab the "PLAYING" action while the pointer is over the thumbnail. See screenshot below:

Untitled.png

Does this mean that, even though you are NOT in the chat room, by positioning the pointer over the thumbnail would be the same as if you ARE in the chat room? Does this count as a recent visit? And also does the model see if someone is actually entering the room either Guest or Member?

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Interesting. I really don't know but I noticed the same. Are you being part of the percentage who they are testing a new feature with? Now they are scanning your face to make sure it's really you. It started today and it freezes and crashes my laptop. Are you going through the same? Apparently they will make it permanent so eventually every model will have this. I honestly don't know what to do. I've been with them for so many years and never had an issue trying to stream. So I really hope they read my message this is really concerning me 😔.

Reactions: WalshLiam
Upvote 0
I don’t know if this is correct OP, but I am a SM model and I think that when you scroll over the image and see the live feed …i think it is just a sample of the feed and i don’t think it counts as an entry into a models room. I could be wrong these are my thoughts.

I don’t think that scrolling over their feed image counts as “potential” viewers … or even true guests in free chat.

When I think of the “potential” numbers are those that are watching your broadcast but not logged in. Guests do come and go frequently but even if they are brief I do think guests truly entered the model’s room as opposed to scrolling over the image.

Good question!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

To answer the above - the stream previews are not new, they exist for 3 years now. Basically as a visitor or member, you can hover over the model thumbnail and be able to see a preview of their live stream. Models are not able to see the viewers/members who watch them that way and they are not counting as a previous stream visit.

They are meant to show you the live stream, before you actually click on joining that room.

Upvote 0
Just double checking that it is still the case that when you hover over a models thumbnail in SM, that they are not aware that you are viewing. Anyone know?

Upvote 0
@misterical If you're concerned, why not open up the cam in a private browser, or log out of your account? I'm trying not to make assumptions from this post, but at the very least, I don't think you need to be this worried about being seen.

Upvote 0
@misterical If you're concerned, why not open up the cam in a private browser, or log out of your account? I'm trying not to make assumptions from this post, but at the very least, I don't think you need to be this worried about being seen.
Ah, to clarify, I'm not overly worried about being seen. I was simply curious because of something a model said while I hovered over the live feed. I had promised to visit her today but life caught up with me and I was concerned she'd take it the wrong way. The reality was that I was interested enough to see how hot she was looking but I had no time for a longer engagement.

Upvote 0
@misterical The joke's on me for having cynical assumptions about freeloading or something 😅 This is why it's good to have a place like this where members + models can communicate and understand each other more.

I'd bet the preview hasn't changed, but even if she did see it, she should understand and not take it personally. We've all had members promise to come but then not doing it, and it is what it is. Life happens to us all so don't stress it.

Upvote 0
@misterical The joke's on me for having cynical assumptions about freeloading or something 😅 This is why it's good to have a place like this where members + models can communicate and understand each other more.

I'd bet the preview hasn't changed, but even if she did see it, she should understand and not take it personally. We've all had members promise to come but then not doing it, and it is what it is. Life happens to us all so don't stress it.
Ha ha. I'm just one of those old school conscientious types.

Upvote 0

It is freeloading. These people can have that cursor on your thumbnail all throughout your stream and get off without you even knowing it over and over again. It's not like the "preview" has limitations. It only stops when someone takes you into a show. Notice how when someone tips, the room starts to be flooded with people coming in with all the ohhh and ahhs. Once you stop what you're doing, they go back to staring at your live thumbnail until some else tips again. I HATE this feature.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
It is freeloading. These people can have that cursor on your thumbnail all throughout your stream and get off without you even knowing it over and over again. It's not like the "preview" has limitations. It only stops when someone takes you into a show. Notice how when someone tips, the room starts to be flooded with people coming in with all the ohhh and ahhs. Once you stop what you're doing, they go back to staring at your live thumbnail until some else tips again. I HATE this feature.
To be fair, if someone is so determined to get a free show that they will hover over a tiny thumbnail with one hand and masturbate with another while watching a miniature, low resolution version of you perform then they were never going to pay anyway. That's a level of commitment to freeloading that is hard to overcome. They were never going to be a customer.

Upvote 0
To be fair, if someone is so determined to get a free show that they will hover over a tiny thumbnail with one hand and masturbate with another while watching a miniature, low resolution version of you perform then they were never going to pay anyway. That's a level of commitment to freeloading that is hard to overcome. They were never going to be a customer.

It kind of reminds me of the people who don't tip and won't buy a $5 video, but will be the first to comment on how such and such video is making them hard...but they're actually referring to your FREE 5-second preview clips (of the videos)/the thumbnail pics. 😂 And then they get quiet when you say "Is that right? You should buy it then. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.