AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Times to AVOID camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceKarina

Inactive Cam Model
May 20, 2016
The Moon
Twitter Username
@AliceKarinaMFC
MFC Username
AliceKarina
Streamate Username
RadicalAlice
Chaturbate Username
RadicalAlice
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/716003/RadicalAlice/
Today was the worst shift I've had since starting. While its only my fourth shift so far I have been routinely earning 1000+ every other time Ive been on. I think I remember seeing something about how things get tough right around the time rent is due. Has anyone else encountered that "time of the month" being an issue? (HA pardon the phrase)

Its also difficult that the hours when I can cam are 10 AM-2 PM PST for the next two weeks, and then 10-6 every day after that. I know I wont be able to really grab hold of busier USA hours because of that :( Am I shooting myself in the foot?

It's impossible for me to take my own advice on this because I'm not gonna keep track of sports and stuff, but uh, yeah... Try to avoid times when people are watching sports or Game of Thrones. Camming is always a crapshoot. I've been doing it on and off for five years and it never gets any easier for me to predict when a good time slot will be. Polling on Twitter is a good idea if you want some input, too.

Last day of the pay period is very competitive. Add to that the problems MFC has been having with crashing recently, today just wasn't a good day. In any event, you can't ever make judgements based on one day. Just keep keeping on and stick to a regular schedule. If you shake it, they will come.

I agree, it's harder to earn on MFC on the last few days of the month. The top girls are all going hard in competing for the Miss Myfreecams crown on the last day of the month, and many other models are online scrambling to get in extra payday money before the pay period closes.

I've been told and have noticed that the 1st and 2nd are always bad days. I mean Clip sales, SM etc.. I always notice that Mondays are a bit lower than other days too. But then again it might be just me.

All the advice so far has been spot on and I would like to add this since I think you are brand new:

- Experiment different timeslots until you find what works for you.

My best days were often Thursdays and I hated Saturdays because they never worked for me. I was complaining to one of my friends about it and she was surprised! She told me her favorite day was Saturday because she would always kill. So what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.

Thank you all so much. I definitely will have more time to experiment when I get out of my last two weeks at work. Until then my time is so limited it's frustrating!! I'm doing a 10-2 slot and it's very slow, but around 1 pm my views go from 20 to 50+ instantly. I can't wait to try to monopolize on the later hours

I have a shifting schedule and I work at all times of the day on every day of the week. I've worked every single "shift" you can imagine. I can tell you that it really doesn't matter unless it's a holiday/sports day.

Yesterday and today (and really the whole month) have been very rough because of all the MFC glitches. And the last week or so my room count has been half of it's normal numbers, and I feel it's because of this. Usually the last day of the month and the first day of the month are my highest earning days and today I barely made anything because of the glitches today. It can change, and there are so many factors that could change when the best times for you are.

Like, Magnolia I agree that it rarely matters on the day or time ( there are always outliers). What may be a great time for others are the opposite for yourself. For instance Fridays usually after 6pm deadzone for me ( I still try every other Friday night with oh so much optimism). While, Sundays are great for me. I cam usually everyday, while I do have set times. I sometimes cam all day in split shifts. I think keeping in mind your "regulars" times are important, they help aid those slow days. You are fairly new so may not have many "regulars" but you will ! So, continue getting on to gain them , remind your room when the next time you will be on and/or your current schedule until you change it.

Also, I am not sure if you are only on MFC, but for me I usually split. So if one or two sites are slow then I may head off to another site.

Last edited:
All the advice so far has been spot on and I would like to add this since I think you are brand new:

- Experiment different timeslots until you find what works for you.

My best days were often Thursdays and I hated Saturdays because they never worked for me. I was complaining to one of my friends about it and she was surprised! She told me her favorite day was Saturday because she would always kill. So what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.

Weirdly Thursdays have been good to me as well. Back in the day (I'm talking like 2011) weekends were amazing for me. These days there are just too many models online. On the weekends it's pushing 2,000 models online sometimes. It's hard to stand out of get a good crowd tipping when there's so much competition.

I think the best situation, @RosieDarling, is being online when the Premiums online to Models online ratio is highest, but I don't know if MFC really exposes that data for you. Plus, as others have said, your experience can vary widely, because it's way more complicated since what you specifically want are lots of premiums on who like your general type/category (though of course models are appreciated as individuals, they are often first found via general preferences) while few "similar" models are on. That can be a challenging moving target, so I can only echo the others not to worry about it, to publish a schedule on your profile or build a twitter following in which you announce that you're about to get on for a while if you prefer a more irregular schedule, and to have fun. And that the technical glitches pushed people off to other sites or activities temporary, and that June in general is a slump as people do more outdoor activities, attend graduation parties, weddings, etc.

I'm new to the whole cam thing but it definitely depends on the night. Monday was the slowest and weekends are not bad. It definitely depends on who's online. I have already made some regulars and sometimes they tip and sometimes they do not. Sometimes I make better tips when the room is smaller but those in the room are thoroughly enjoying themselves. My tip is just find what works and gain a following. If someone starts to like you enough they will do anything to make you smile!

I've noticed that in the afternoon on myfreecams, I have quite a few viewers but considerably less people typing / chatting with me than nighttime. Probably because people are multi-tasking during the day, getting things done while watching me, is my guess.

Im kinda new too, but I think for what i've seen and read yo have to think on your audience, your regulars and be attentive of the amount of models there are online.
So, what i mean when i talk about adience is, if u have a niche or some specific characteristics (i think we all do) think abot the kinda people you will catch or hook based on that. For example its more probable if you are a cosplay girl and there is a huge convention with that theme think that its very probable lots of guys that visit you could be there or so. It happens to me something similar, i workout at my room very often so i get to hook some guys that excersice a lot or at leaast they like sports to much, so when there are a lot of sports events my room its completely empty.
And also i pay a lot of attention on how many models are online, if there are a lot of models online its very likely premiums will be splitted in more rooms, plus it usually happens on the last days of the month (when all models wanna get more tks to complete the goals thay couldnt reach). But it's also trth that that can varies depending on the amount of premiums are online which i think there is no way for us to check.
Hope that helps! :watching::)

Fridays and Saturdays are the worst for me, and Thursdays are the best, so it seems a lot of us have a similar experience. I never cam on Friday or Saturday, it's just a waste of time and my camscore is bound to drop. I never cam on Wednesdays, either. They are always terrible for me, as well. My best days are Thursday, Sunday, and the last day of the month. I always rake in a ton on the last day. Even though it took me until 10 pm on May 31st to log in, as I was having issues like everyone else, I still ended up making a really decent amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.