AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TinyPic image hosting site shutting down permanently

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie_Lavender

Cam Model
Jun 19, 2018
United States
Twitter Username
@natslavenderxo
Chaturbate Username
Natalie_Lavender
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/138701/nats-xxx-naughtiness
Just as the title says, TinyPic is shutting down permanently. Anything you’ve put on this site for your bios, profiles, link buttons, etc will ALL disappear.

August 20th: no longer to upload new images

August 26th: Images no longer viewable on 3rd party sites.

September 16th: Last day to access your hosted images, if you’re an account holder.

Spread the word. I’m guessing there will be a ton of broken links floating around soon.

I’ve found postimage.org to be just as quick and easy to use.

@Natalie_Lavender

AFIAK, CB hijacks profile images linked from other sites and uploads/converts and links them to camo.stream.highwebmedia.com

Yes, however, you will still need to rehost because if you go to your profile and edit the bio, the links are the original. It only changes them to their server hosting when you submit the profile.
The only time you or I will see it on CB's host, will be if you view the page source or use developer tools (such as inspect element).

Other sites, Camsoda for example, they change the URL as well BUT they fully convert it, so if you go to edit the profile it's changed to their url, it's no longer the host that you had it on.

So, whichever site you're on, go and see in the edit profile to see if the URL has converted or not. Those are the only 2 I know of, I have no clue what other sites do.

Even still, with ones like Camsoda, better safe than sorry... right? Change it anyway if you can.

Reactions: Dan N
Yes, however, you will still need to rehost because if you go to your profile and edit the bio, the links are the original. It only changes them to their server hosting when you submit the profile.
The only time you or I will see it on CB's host, will be if you view the page source or use developer tools (such as inspect element).

Other sites, Camsoda for example, they change the URL as well BUT they fully convert it, so if you go to edit the profile it's changed to their url, it's no longer the host that you had it on.

So, whichever site you're on, go and see in the edit profile to see if the URL has converted or not. Those are the only 2 I know of, I have no clue what other sites do.

Even still, with ones like Camsoda, better safe than sorry... right? Change it anyway if you can.
True, CB is only proxying the image path without hosting , and we "feel" that in our aws/cloudfront bills every month (no wonder some free image hosting services start to shutdown their activity or impose membership with fees) if the original image which is not hosted on CB is deleted, the image will still render for a few days or so due to cache but at some point will no longer render so yes, hosting your graphics is recommended rather than hotlinking to other resources.
MFC is not masking the image path.

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.