AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tip Levels Settings in Private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Maybe this is a dumb question, but here goes.
On token-based sites like CB, where the model has a tip-activated toy, do the same tip levels set by the model for the public stream still apply when in private?
For example, if a tip menu shows a tip of 100 tkns activates level 3 for 10 seconds, does it also do the same if I tip 100 in private?

On token-based sites like CB, where the model has a tip-activated toy, do the same tip levels set by the model for the public stream still apply when in private?
For example, if a tip menu shows a tip of 100 tkns activates level 3 for 10 seconds, does it also do the same if I tip 100 in private?
Currently, I am not sure.

On SC in the past (a few years ago when I first "arrived") I have a feeling that tipping in a private show did not activate the toys. But I do not recall for sure and I may be actually be thinking of tipping via *pm*, e.g. typing "/tip 100" in a pm.

Reactions: rockin_rod
I am not sure if there are settings to disable it but I have definitely tipped for this in privates with success on SC.

I don’t think tipping through PM activates them though.

Reactions: Ozzie_
The app controlling the device and using the tip menu would have to have extra settings for the behavior to change during a private. I am not sure why you would want that and that would complicate the app, so that would appear to me to be an unlikely feature for the app to have explicitly added, so I would bet on it being exactly the same. So long as the app stays active during a private then behavior should not change. If they did add the feature then there is very likely an option to control if it stays active in a private, but I would bet on nothing being coded to even know about a private show.

The app controlling the device and using the tip menu would have to have extra settings for the behavior to change during a private. I am not sure why you would want that and that would complicate the app, so that would appear to me to be an unlikely feature for the app to have explicitly added, so I would bet on it being exactly the same. So long as the app stays active during a private then behavior should not change. If they did add the feature then there is very likely an option to control if it stays active in a private, but I would bet on nothing being coded to even know about a private show.
Thank you for the reply, which highlights one of the reasons that prompted me to ask the original question:
- as the model and the user technically leave the room during a private show (at least on CB), do all running apps stay active in the private?

I looked at one of my private shows chat recordings, the app/bots seem to be running during the private and after. So unless the specific app/bot stops itself during a private it looks like they just keep running. Technically the broadcast never stops, only who can see/chat changes.

Reactions: rockin_rod
On CB, specifically, apps/bots do not directly communicate with or control the Lovense tip-activated toys, they only display the Level Information in chat (the Lovense browser extension/plug-in facilitates the toy control).

As for CB app/bot runtime they timeout and deactivate automatically 1-hpur after the Broadcaster clicks "Stop Broadcast" (which does not occur when Accepting a Private Show, so the apps/bots would remain active if the Private lasted longer than 1-hour), unless manually deactivated by the Broadcaster.

On Stripchat, Chaturbate MFC, and Bongacams, when you go private or exclusive private the lovense toys will react to the same tips on same levels as in public chat unless the model disables the toy.

As Lexi pointed out, yes, tips from the Private Show buyer in the new/separate private-room that was created when the Private Show was started can interact with the toy (that is because the browser extension/plug-in is "present" in that chatroom reading the chat/tip input there -- but not reading from the original public chatroom).

And on CB, any active app/bot related to Lovense Levels display is not involved in the tip-activation process, regardless.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.