AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2023
Hello all,

Firstly, I want to thank and appreciate all of you for sharing your thoughts and experiences over here. I've been an on-off cam site user (mostly chaturbate) for some years, so it was really interesting to read about the world of camming from a different perspective in the many posts here. It made me a lot more appreciative of the work you all do, so thank you for that.

I come here today with some questions that I have, so please allow me to elaborate --

I've mostly used cam sites when I've been in-the-mood before, but recently I found a room I actually enjoy hanging out and spending time in. This is a goal-oriented no demands kinda room - and I like that dynamic. I always talk in tip notes - I don't like typing in public chat - and also to appreciate her time. I always tip more when I like something, or I find something hot/sexy, and a bit more when I'm feeling super appreciative. I've also tipped offline more generously for special sometimes - I don't like public attention with such tips.

I've only been a regular on her stream for a short time, but in that short period of time, I would often end up with the Crown/High Tipper (I so wish they add a way to remove yourself from that ladder). More recently, there were couple times where it was mostly - but not entirely - my contributions towards the goals. One time, she expressed sadness that there weren't others tipping - adding, that it didn't used to be like this. This was in a room with 4 digit users, and I could see many different color usernames, and many dark ones too.

Often times, I would also tip, but not really try to finish the goal completely - thinking I don't badly want that goal, and she would like the goal when more people have also tipped. There was once a time when no one was tipping for a while, and I went away for 20 mins, and then came back to a room with some activity. I don't know what it's like when I'm not there.

I try my best to be respectful to everyone. I don't engage in tipping wars - or with other members at all. Don't try to tip-match, or tip more after someone did, or anything like that at all. I've also been more conscious of not taking too much of her attention even with tip notes.

I don't mind tipping the way or the amount I do - I just want to show my appreciation when I do and how I want. But I would hate to be the reason of any disruption, or a show of bad etiquette.

So kind members, I ask you, do you think me being a presence and tipping the way I do is affecting how others tip? Do you think it discourages others if they see someone else tipping frequently? Do you think any of these concerns are valid, or am I just over-thinking this while smoking some grass? It only got me thinking after she expressed concerns about this.

What would be the best way you suggest one should tip if someone is tipping enough to be the Crown? Should I try to hold back if there isn't other activity in the room? Are bigger tips (4 digits) better than smaller frequent ones (2-3 digits)? What would you consider good tipping etiquettes, if any, for someone who maybe tipping more than the usual member, so that everyone can have a good time?

Lastly, I know it would have been best to talk to her directly about this, but... honestly, I just don't know how to put it. I don't want to come across as someone meddling in her business and how she runs her room by choosing the wrong words. She seems to be very professional and experienced, and so I'm sure with your help if I can find the right words, she wouldn't mind it at all.

Thank you all for reading this far ~

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Goals are meant to be completed. They are not arbitrary numbers we pull out of thin air. And yes you are over thinking everything.

If you just want to hang and not fap, while hanging there tipping is a must of. If you want a full show I would advice taking her pvt so other damn stingy members won't lean on you for a free show.

Good tipping members are awesome but other member always try to take advantage of that. You could also try tipping her high amounts and send a message to whole room "not for the goal, just because blablabla"

We really don't care if it's you or 19 people who finish the goal. Also, on Chaturbate your 1 token is 5 cents. Action tips (show boobs, butt flash, pussy flash) change the thumbnail and brings new eyes. Maybe not tips at first but new eyes nonetheless.

We really don't care if it's you or 19 people who finish the goal. Also, on Chaturbate your 1 token is 5 cents. Action tips (show boobs, butt flash, pussy flash) change the thumbnail and brings new eyes. Maybe not tips at first but new eyes nonetheless.
Yes I do care for whom clears my goals. I don't want put members who value on debt just because others stingy fuckers lean on him for free shows. Also if said member dissapears all income is lost because no one engages anymore.

OP is not overthinking, he is worried about models happiness & income.

Yes I do care for whom clears my goals. I don't want put members who value on debt just because others stingy fuckers lean on him for free shows. Also if said member dissapears all income is lost because no one engages anymore.
That's not true by a long shot. No one can control what anyone does. It's best to contribute as the viewer sees fit and leave it at that. I've been on Chaturbate for 10 years. This has been a "problem" since day one. It doesn't matter what room it is, only 1/3 participate. This is a token site problem and always has been.

That's not true by a long shot. No one can control what anyone does. It's best to contribute as the viewer sees fit and leave it at that. I've been on Chaturbate for 10 years. This has been a "problem" since day one. It doesn't matter what room it is, only 1/3 participate. This is a token site problem and always has been.
Yes, taking models to private reduces this. If he doesnt wanna cum that day, its not his job to clear the goal you know? This avoids members getting lazy and never paying themselves for shit.

Yes, taking models to private reduces this. If he doesnt wanna cum that day, its not his job to clear the goal you know? This avoids members getting lazy and never paying themselves for shit.
You're forgetting the fact not every model wants to go private. Or do ticket shows. No one said it was his job specifically and if he doesn't want to, then he shouldn't. But NOT tipping her and NOT engaging her is far worse than getting her closer to her goals for the day. Then he just becomes one of "them."

I have never agreed with the idea people are getting "free shows", that's bullshit. The TIPPER got what they paid for and the transaction is complete. And on to the next one.

Man you only live once. If you've got the tokens, flaunt them.

Don't be wasting the model's, yours and everybody else's time with those annoying piddling 2-3 digit tips.

Keep those 4 digit tips coming baby. Boom! Boom! Boom!

When you're dead and gone, how would you like the cam community to look back and remember you?

"Can anyone recall the name of that nice enough fella with the reasonable tip etiquette?"

Wouldn't you much rather -

"ArcWarden! What a guy he was. 4 Digit Arc or Boom_Boom_Warden as we used to call him. Absolute legend."

👍

Last edited:
You're forgetting the fact not every model wants to go private. Or do ticket shows. No one said it was his job specifically and if he doesn't want to, then he shouldn't. But NOT tipping her and NOT engaging her is far worse than getting her closer to her goals for the day. Then he just becomes one of "them."

I have never agreed with the idea people are getting "free shows", that's bullshit. The TIPPER got what they paid for and the transaction is complete. And on to the next one.
That's not how I see it, but shall try thinking like that for my own minds sake.

here's the way i view it. if you are having a good time and spending time, it's usually good etiquette to tip. don't worry about what other members are doing. it's okay to tip after someone else. sometimes someone tipping reminds others "oh i should do that too!" but dont be a dick about it. be a good sport. sometimes tipping wars can be fun for both users and of course the model. i offer zero perks for highest tipper, and i still get them. i just try to encourage it to be fun and playful, not competitive. everyone wins a hot sexy show that i will probably do something special. like deepthroat 11inches or pour oil all over myself.

if you are worried about giving others a free show, ask if you can take the model private. depending on the model, she will accept or not. i for one don't like canceling my goldshows (goal shows). since my site has a timer for them, i prefer the person wait after or tip into my show if im not offering privates anymore for the night. i start all my goldshows no matter the amount i'm at the end of the time.

some nights only one person seems to be carrying the shows, whereas others the room seems like they are making a great group effort to clear goals. camming isn't consistent by a long shot. so what you are describing with that model seems to me like a normal occurrence after a decade doing this. if she is newer this maybe the first time she is experiencing less tippers.

That's not how I see it, but shall try thinking like that for my own minds sake.
It's helped me quite a bit over the years. I've had numerous blues come in and out of the room throughout the night, not say a word and then come back in a few days and become fan club members or drop thousands of tokens just because.

There is one guy who lurks on my show for days and then comes in on Fridays and pops the room with 4 500 token tips in a row and then bounces.

I run my room the way the OP's model does. There are mini goals, a tip menu, and a slots game for indecisive or shy viewers that picks a flash for them. Sometimes the mini goal is 100 tokens, sometimes it's 1234, when I hit I get topless or I don't, depends on who cleared the goal.

I turned off the "leave room" notifications because it was making me borderline suicidal and have enter notifications set for fan club and users with tokens on so I can acknowledge people when they come in and only people with tokens can chat in my room.

Some people think not letting greys chat harms my chances of converting traffic, while they are not wrong, in my experience my conversion rate wasn't worth the absolute hell they caused in the room.

I can see vixxen and nikkis point here. It's possible to over think stuff, but it's also very common for room dynamics to be complicated and tipping behavor can totally affect others. Whales have managed to flatten my tipping for months at a time before with no intention of doing so.

Because room dynamics are complex, and as demonstrated in this thread models do indeed have different approaches the best way is to ask her. "Hey, i don't wanna come across as meddling in your business or choose the wrong words here, but a few times I have heard you mention you wished people would clear goals. If there is a way i could be tipping differently that in your experience might encourage tippers more please let me know."

I get it's a little awkward but she is the only one that can really answer this for you

In my room, it's usually only one person tipping. Of course I wish there we more people tipping but when a member like that comes I feel glad and grateful that he's enjoying the time with me so i don't really care if only one person tips for the goal. These members also usually tip for your time and not for the goal.

All in all, i like reaching a goal even if there's cheap freeloaders watching because that brings traffic to my room and then I have a better chance of getting more tips.

I also think there is something to be said about not breaking the fourth wall. If you know too much about how it all works, it may lose its magic.

I worked at a professional haunted house for three seasons, horror movies will never scare me again. Instead I think about how the effect was done and ignore the story line.

here's the way i view it. if you are having a good time and spending time, it's usually good etiquette to tip. don't worry about what other members are doing. it's okay to tip after someone else. sometimes someone tipping reminds others "oh i should do that too!" but dont be a dick about it. be a good sport. sometimes tipping wars can be fun for both users and of course the model. i offer zero perks for highest tipper, and i still get them. i just try to encourage it to be fun and playful, not competitive. everyone wins a hot sexy show that i will probably do something special. like deepthroat 11inches or pour oil all over myself.
I love this paragraph. Some of the best times I have had on a cam site where when another user and I (or a group of users) are all tipping a lot towards the model's goals - it gets very fast paced and fun and multiple users can help take things further faster than one alone. And of course the model benefits

Some of the least fun times I have had on a cam site were when another user tries to get competitive and "one up" everyone. It isn't fun anymore at that point

Thank you all for your replies ~ For some reason my eyes cannot find the like/reaction button.

But I gather that I should continue to do as I want. I know I'm being respectful. And I might be overthinking this a bit.

I don't really care about other members being there, of whatever color usernames. This only got me thinking after she expressed concerns about this. And I can see why this might be concerning for her, if a large portion of contributions were from a single member for many nights. I won't have this kind of free time forever, afterall.

I can see vixxen and nikkis point here. It's possible to over think stuff, but it's also very common for room dynamics to be complicated and tipping behavor can totally affect others. Whales have managed to flatten my tipping for months at a time before with no intention of doing so.

Because room dynamics are complex, and as demonstrated in this thread models do indeed have different approaches the best way is to ask her. "Hey, i don't wanna come across as meddling in your business or choose the wrong words here, but a few times I have heard you mention you wished people would clear goals. If there is a way i could be tipping differently that in your experience might encourage tippers more please let me know."

I get it's a little awkward but she is the only one that can really answer this for you
This is exactly my concern. I appreciate you putting the right words together. Thank you!
She seems to be experienced and knows what she's doing. On one night after a goal was reached, she made the goal into a ticket show and let me in because it was mostly my contributions towards that goal. Within a short time, she received tips as much as her goal with tickets, if not more.

I also think there is something to be said about not breaking the fourth wall. If you know too much about how it all works, it may lose its magic.

I worked at a professional haunted house for three seasons, horror movies will never scare me again. Instead I think about how the effect was done and ignore the story line.
I agree! Although a lil peek can be nice. It definitely made me appreciate you all and the work you do.
After I saw and touched a dildo in real life, I lost all my appeal to see that in a mouth.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Do you think any of these concerns are valid, or am I just over-thinking this while smoking some grass?
Lol to that part. It's always nice to be a considerate and thoughtful person, too many people aren't. I'm of the opinion it's never bad to check in about stuff with others, and get different perspectives.

ETA; I'm a model that falls more on Nikkiss side of the argument. It irritates me that guys sponge off of each other. Which is the black and white way that I see that. On the other hand some guys seem to like being the one others feed off, so it does get complicated. Because it can feed into a fetish they have. However, all in all, in a perfect world, I'd like everyone to behave better, and get the message that inertia won't be tolerated. I'm old school. I demand a lot from others, just because I always demand a lot from myself. So it's hard for me to see it any other way. Of course seeing it this way can lead to more frustration, so it's not super self serving or self preserving, for the model to have this perspective. But I like busting everyone's balls, and holding people to a higher standard. Although many people would argue that I'm too hard... Blah, blah, blah... I just think it's nice you care.

Last edited:
Lol to that part. It's always nice to be a considerate and thoughtful person, too many people aren't. I'm of the opinion it's never bad to check in about stuff with others, and get different perspectives.

ETA; I'm a model that falls more on Nikkiss side of the argument. It irritates me that guys sponge off of each other. Which is the black and white way that I see that. On the other hand some guys seem to like being the one others feed off, so it does get complicated. Because it can feed into a fetish they have. However, all in all, in a perfect world, I'd like everyone to behave better, and get the message that inertia won't be tolerated. I'm old school. I demand a lot from others, just because I always demand a lot from myself. So it's hard for me to see it any other way. Of course seeing it this way can lead to more frustration, so it's not super self serving or self preserving, for the model to have this perspective. But I like busting everyone's balls, and holding people to a higher standard. Although many people would argue that I'm too hard... Blah, blah, blah... I just think it's nice you care.
I had this issue in my room, where the "members" a better term is probably freeloaders worked out if they just sat and waited there was a member that would clear the entire goal. If the entire goal was done by 1 or 2 people then I would ask them if they wanted to do it as a public goal or as a password goal, if it was a split decision then whoever had tipped the most is how we did the show. Now I do all my goals as ticket shows depending on the goal the ticket price might be 1 token or it might be 100 tokens, that way its only people who have actually contributed that are getting access to the goal. It got to a point in my room where freeloaders would be asking (and getting banned for asking) when whoever the tipping member was would be online. The members that were clearing show goals alone also expressed the frustration of the amount of people freeloading which was why I started offering them the option to have the goal done in a password show instead of free chat. Freeloaders can kill a room when the one(s) doing all the tipping start feeling taken advantage of.

I would often end up with the Crown/High Tipper (I so wish they add a way to remove yourself from that ladder). More recently

If you dislike showing on tip leaderboards, you can tip as anonymous.
On Chaturbate, you tip anonymously to the room but the model will still see it's you who tips, so she knows that you're not freeloading or haven't stopped tipping her.
It's the only solution but a good one. Not sure if you already buy the Support status but to tip anonymously, you need to buy it for $20 per month

Reactions: Danicatillie
If you dislike showing on tip leaderboards, you can tip as anonymous.
On Chaturbate, you tip anonymously to the room but the model will still see it's you who tips, so she knows that you're not freeloading or haven't stopped tipping her.
It's the only solution but a good one. Not sure if you already buy the Support status but to tip anonymously, you need to buy it for $20 per month
There's a HUGE caveat to this. If you are broadcasting on CB and a supporter* tips anonymously and you're running Lovense on OBS it WILL announce the tipper's name to the room.

*Supporters pay CB $20 a month to be ad free and harass models in PM

Reactions: yummybrownfox
There's a HUGE caveat to this. If you are broadcasting on CB and a supporter* tips anonymously and you're running Lovense on OBS it WILL announce the tipper's name to the room.

*Supporters pay CB $20 a month to be ad free and harass models in PM

There is definitely a way to see it not show the name because I often see it just show asterisks * in place of names for people who tip anonymously, although that may just be on Stripchat I see that, not sure if it is like it on CB I rarely see people tipping as anonymous on CB to be fair.

There is definitely a way to see it not show the name because I often see it just show asterisks * in place of names for people who tip anonymously, although that may just be on Stripchat I see that, not sure if it is like it on CB I rarely see people tipping as anonymous on CB to be fair.
It's the Lovense software betraying the feature on CB. If you have the notifications turned on for how the toy is reacting it shows who tipped and the line above it says "Anonymous tipped". I mean I try not to beat up companies too much but Lovense software for the most part fucking sucks. I have a bruise on my leg from having the toy turned all the way down on 1% power and a 1000 token tip destroyed my leg. It disconnects and reconnects and the sync is always off so anyone who is using the toys is guaranteed to have to fake it to keep it going.

20230227_213559.jpg

• Wat?!
Reactions: mysteriousgirl_007
My take on tipping etiquette is simply that tipping is the right thing to do. I have thought about the possible effect that my tipping behaviour may have on other users. But I figure that tipping consistently is never a mistake. Hopefully some people will be encouraged to tip as well, and sometimes seeing a tip on the screen is a helpful reminder.

As has already been mentioned, room/user dynamics vary, which suggests that you can't predict what others will do in response to your own tipping. And the freeloaders certainly won't care anyway so fuck them.

Man you only live once. If you've got the tokens, flaunt them.

Don't be wasting the model's, yours and everybody else's time with those annoying piddling 2-3 digit tips.

Keep those 4 digit tips coming baby. Boom! Boom! Boom!

When you're dead and gone, how would you like the cam community to look back and remember you?

"Can anyone recall the name of that nice enough fella with the reasonable tip etiquette?"

Wouldn't you much rather -

"ArcWarden! What a guy he was. 4 Digit Arc or Boom_Boom_Warden as we used to call him. Absolute legend."

👍
Yhaaaaaa :)))))

I’m not sure if CB has the ninja tip function, but on MFC you can do a ninja tip, where your tip doesn’t show up in the room at all, doesn’t count towards the goal and only the model can see it.

If you can do ninja tips on CB, I’d think that be a great solution for someone who doesn’t want their tips shown to others and is mostly tipping to show appreciation instead of trying to clear a goal.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I’m not sure if CB has the ninja tip function, but on MFC you can do a ninja tip, where your tip doesn’t show up in the room at all, doesn’t count towards the goal and only the model can see it.

If you can do ninja tips on CB, I’d think that be a great solution for someone who doesn’t want their tips shown to others and is mostly tipping to show appreciation instead of trying to clear a goal.
Costs $20 a month to do that on CB, only supporters can anon tip. If the model is running the desktop plugin on Lovense browser the Lovense noticiations will reveal the user name when it posts the "my lovense is responding to [user name]'s tip for [x] seconds."

Turning off the Lovense notifications stops the reveal but people don't believe the toy is working if they don't see that notification in chat.

So kind members, I ask you, do you think me being a presence and tipping the way I do is affecting how others tip? Do you think it discourages others if they see someone else tipping frequently? Do you think any of these concerns are valid, or am I just over-thinking this while smoking some grass? It only got me thinking after she expressed concerns about this.

What would be the best way you suggest one should tip if someone is tipping enough to be the Crown? Should I try to hold back if there isn't other activity in the room? Are bigger tips (4 digits) better than smaller frequent ones (2-3 digits)? What would you consider good tipping etiquettes, if any, for someone who maybe tipping more than the usual member, so that everyone can have a good time?
This happened to me. I was the big tipper of a room I was in. Other people stopped tipping whenever I showed up because they knew I would clear the goals. It was noticeable. She and I are close and talk a lot in DMs, and we initially coordinated that I would tip in small amounts or when a room goal was close to clearing. The rest I would send in offline tips, or when it's a slow night. The situation improved. I miss dropping big tips and watching her laugh in surprise, but I don't miss people in the chat being weirdly worshipful of me or applauding me because they could ride on my coattails. The only person whose opinion I care about is hers.

you can do it on Stripchat too by tipping privately as long as there is n open PM channel between the model and user. It does make the standard tipping noise though. And it does not activate a tip-enabled toy

Status
Not open for further replies.