AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping too much

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
Hello. Do models every get mad if you top too much? I took a model in a TP. Hung out in her room. Participated in goal and games. Later I asked if she wanted to do thr club show in TP since no one seemed to be interested. She told me I've helped out too much today. Said she didn't want me going poor. Lol

Maybe this isn't directly "tipping too much" but in my experience sometimes it feels odd when just one person is carrying my whole token goal for the day. It really feels good to have more people chipping in as a group to make goals. So sometimes I actually PM my best members and let them know I'm feeling this way, and hoping that others will help finish off countdowns and whatnot. I'd rather not run my one or two favorite members out of tokens in one night! It feels best when they're able to participate in the next day's show with remaining tokens and when other people pitch in!

Upvote 0
This is just from my limited member experience after forming a good relationship with a model and being told to save tokens, plus she would give me token discounts without me asking for them. I think "mad" is the wrong word, and it's more if you did an "*sigh* Oh you~". Like really appreciative, not disappointed, but like a sort of nuanced but happy "I wish you didn't do that." Of course, it's certainly a different story if the motivation is tipping with some pressure to push them out of the comfort zone. (i.e. tipping a strictly non-nude model, idk, 20,000 tokens and making the claim that you tipped a lot and deserve her to go nude via guilt tripping)

Based on my experience and observation, I've found that...
  • It goes without saying, but it depends a whole lot on the model's perspective on things. E.g. some studio model in [insert-the-usual-suspect-countries-here] trained and trying to suck your soul through your wallet VS. your average camgirl/dude having fun and trying to make a living. I don't think size of the room even matters here-- it's just dependent on the model's personality and/or perspective on camming.
  • They're likely going to care a lot more if you're an active regular vs a first time spending whale. Turns out, the average person actually values personality to an extent (shocker, yes I know lol), so if you are a regular who the model has gotten to know one way or another, they'll care more about you as a person and not want you to be suffering. It's also not exactly a secret that addiction on camsites is quite common, so if there is suspicion of that, I imagine that would make many models feel a least a little guilty (even if not their fault) to push too much for token usage.
  • Going with the previous point, your personality is going to be the biggest impact. I doubt the assholes of the internet are getting free breaks anytime soon, even if they're good-tipping assholes everyday in a room. At this point, I think it becomes more so that the model wants the member to come back. If the member is broke, there is less chance the member comes back, which, if you're model sitting in front of a computer screen multi-hours bored with a smile, a member you click with is going to be invaluable.

Moral of the story: Be kind in a cam room, and sometimes the kindness comes back to you 🐼

Upvote 0
They're likely going to care a lot more if you're an active regular vs a first time spending whale.
This for sure.

If a new person comes in and is spending a buttload, I'm certainly not going to stop them. Never know if we'll see them again, might as well enjoy the parade!

Upvote 0
IMO.... It's always best to join in any tipping towards a stated goal in a room by being part of the group effort. For example, a generous member may think he is "carrying" the room on his own, but the other room members may see him as someone who is in full blown "room controller" mode... especially if he is intentionally trying to beat the tips of other contributors. The big tipper thinks he is a hero, out tipping everyone else, while the rest of the room wants to push him off a high bridge! In an extreme case, they may slow or stop tipping and refuse to participate. From my perspective, that would be what is commonly known as a failure.:woops:

It's not always what you tip, but how you tip that can make the impact. Personally, I would join the tipping alongside the others in the room, contributing similar amounts. I often tip as both myself and as anonymous to help promote the frenzy and subtlety match the tips of others [without announcing!]. That way everyone gets to experience being part of the group effort in the room and you may even drag some tokens out of the room lurkers, which would be a bonus.

Sometimes, less is more.

Softly, softly... :nod::nod::nod:

Reactions: Taxistheft
Upvote 0
IMO.... It's always best to join in any tipping towards a stated goal in a room by being part of the group effort. For example, a generous member may think he is "carrying" the room on his own, but the other room members may see him as someone who is in full blown "room controller" mode... especially if he is intentionally trying to beat the tips of other contributors. The big tipper thinks he is a hero, out tipping everyone else, while the rest of the room wants to push him off a high bridge! In an extreme case, they may slow or stop tipping and refuse to participate. From my perspective, that would be what is commonly known as a failure.:woops:

It's not always what you tip, but how you tip that can make the impact. Personally, I would join the tipping alongside the others in the room, contributing similar amounts. I often tip as both myself and as anonymous to help promote the frenzy and subtlety match the tips of others [without announcing!]. That way everyone gets to experience being part of the group effort in the room and you may even drag some tokens out of the room lurkers, which would be a bonus.

Sometimes, less is more.

Softly, softly... :nod::nod::nod:
I usually tip anonymous if I'm tipping larger amounts. I don't like tipping large amounts in public for the same reasons you stated. I think sometimes big tips in public might discourage people from tipping smaller amounts. Like their tiny tip won't matter. I'll join in here and there if there's a stream of tips flowing in though.

Upvote 0
I usually tip anonymous if I'm tipping larger amounts. I don't like tipping large amounts in public for the same reasons you stated. I think sometimes big tips in public might discourage people from tipping smaller amounts. Like their tiny tip won't matter. I'll join in here and there if there's a stream of tips flowing in though.
This is relevant, but I feel like a lot of small tippers fall into three categories:

1. They hang onto a small amount of tokens and purposefully request things for 1 tokens (or nothing at all)
2. They tip once or twice and never tip again, because they see you "paying more attention" to bigger tippers
3. The one who almost exclusively tips sm/medium amounts, because that's all they can afford, but they are a diehard fan/friend!!

I always stress to my room how important every single tip matters, because they honestly add up at the end of the day (esp for small-time cammers), so I think reminding people of that can change the dynamic of the room. Or you can incorporate some kind of activity that involves smaller tips, even if the goal is way out there, because then there's no excuse not to participate. I'm not saying 1 single should automatically get someone something, because lets be real, if someone threw a nickel at me, I wouldn't be....gracious...lol. That kinda hurts. Literally and figuratively lmfao

But we all also know times are hard, so just ultimately do what you can, and if you think it might affect the show somehow to carry the room, you could just tip her privately so no one sees it, and it doesn't count towards goal. So you still get to tip, and it won't affect the rest of the people's feelings really.

Upvote 0
This is a customer perspective, I'm probable wrong in more ways then one.

There are definitely times where tipping, or not tipping, can feel awkward. Some times you can avoid the awkwardness by taking some times to talk to the model. Just try to have fun. Another tactic is pursing privates.
  • Some models don't like to give free shows, Like they'd rather take you private if no one else is tipping.
  • Some times people set their goals low, and unless your tipping extra, it may be a bad deal for them to do a show when no one else is tipping.
  • Tipping too much can spook some models. Some times that's because your a stranger, they might think your an alt of a ban, or they might think you like them too much.
  • Tipping that seems strange. An example of this, might be taking a model private for 60 bucks when they're use to 40 buck privates. Asking a model what they recommend is a great way to avoid this.
  • Some times it's more about the energy, then the amount being tipped.
  • Some time people need some time to be mentally prepared.
  • Some times a model doesn't want to do a show. Like they're thing is to strip down to their underwear. Like they intend to reach some goals, but not show goal. But honestly you have no way of knowing this, unless your a regular in their room.
But none of this is set rules, every model is different. Like one model may have a problem with a 60 buck private, and another has no problem with it. Also if a model doesn't seem into it, the best thing to do is just move onto another model.

Upvote 0
Hello. Do models every get mad if you top too much? I took a model in a TP. Hung out in her room. Participated in goal and games. Later I asked if she wanted to do thr club show in TP since no one seemed to be interested. She told me I've helped out too much today. Said she didn't want me going poor. Lol
sometimes i tell this to my highest daily tipper in the free chat , while a bunch of guys stay there to enjoy for free , to make them understand that they should participate too and not to take advantage that a member tip so much to make my day

hope makes sense :cat:

Reactions: Taxistheft
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.