AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for PM?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OliviaClarke

Cam Model
Jan 4, 2019
Hi!
I understand making members tip to PM, but do you make them tip every new day they log in?

Or once you get the tip do you add their user name to a list and check that for every member before you pm?

Thanks!

Models have the choice of PM'ing users if they wish, but I know a lot of models & users who do ask for the normal amount of tokens for a PM and it doesn't matter who you are ;)

Its virtually the same as charging for a flash... would you do a free flash for regular users or charge them still ?

Personally I hardly ever use PM's unless I'm a mod and even then its hardly ever to the model... its more to the users in the room when either they need help or I'm having a bit of fun in the room. Most of my messages to a model if they're private are through tip notes.

Reactions: Sophiestique
Upvote 0
i rarely do pm myself,, and usually because i wanna say smth private to a member. i dont have a tip for PM as i prefer not to do those, CB is very annoying with PM's. And as roydz stated earlier, best to use for a member when he really wants to say smth just to you is tip note.

Upvote 0
Yes, unless their fanclub members.
The way I see it is I'm already balancing multiple conversations in general chat so if they want that extra attention they need to first get my attention, plus it weeds out time wasters.

Example would be having DM as an option in your tip menu and reminding those who ask for pvt messages that tipping for it also goes towards the current goal

Upvote 0
Only freeloaders who are not CB supporters who rarely tip or never tip want the broadcaster to initiate the PM's.
If they have anything to say. They can keep it in a tip note to you.
As well, personally I think it is about time that CB allows broadcasters to have the ability to turn off PM's in order to keep from being PM spammed.

Upvote 0
You can do what you want. Each time is both unusual and not so unusual; you should always give attention to those tipping, yes?

PM privileges for members after tipping actually makes some sense, but be fair and respectful with it. There would be no need to add it into lists if you do that.

Upvote 0
PMing for me is a huge distraction and takes away from my pretty chatty busy room, so I only accept pm’s from people on my friends list and I only add someone to my list if they know me well enough to not PM random chat.

I have a hard time seeing how tips for pm could ever make up for what you will lose by being distracted from your public chat.

Upvote 0
As a member, I have never paid for PM privileges. I'll spout my nonsense in public chat and if it's something important/private, hey, there are tip notes!

I actually can (but rarely do) PM all models which I visit semi-regularly. Even those that charge for PMs. I'm just that cool. (where's the sarcasm font?)

PMs are overrated and overused. But...I don't give a shit. I'll say it in public chat.

Upvote 0
I do have a tip amount for PMs but usually only do 2 or 3 messages for that amount. If they want to keep chatting with me in PM I ask that they retip that amount or say it in a tip note. My VIP members get free PM's; however, they all tip me for it anyways and usually then some. It is very distracting when you do not have a quiet keyboard to type PMs and messages as you can hear it through the microphone.

Upvote 0
Only freeloaders who are not CB supporters who rarely tip or never tip want the broadcaster to initiate the PM's.
As well, personally I think it is about time that CB allows broadcasters to have the ability to turn off PM's in order to keep from being PM spammed.

As a member, I have never paid for PM privileges. I'll spout my nonsense in public chat and if it's something important/private, hey, there are tip notes!

I actually can (but rarely do) PM all models which I visit semi-regularly. Even those that charge for PMs. I'm just that cool. (where's the sarcasm font?)

PMs are overrated and overused. But...I don't give a shit. I'll say it in public chat.

Exactly. It's only ever those who think the model wants to hear/read yet another "my dick is so hard" conversation. Or, the lady I follow and adore, she even tells people off sometimes if she is just getting "how are you" constantly in her PMs.. I mean, they can ask that BS in public chat, or they can scroll up a little bit from when the previous person asked it.

I genuinely do admire you models for how much crap you put up with on a daily - heck, hourly - basis.

I think Models should be given more control over PMs though, even towards those premium users who buy $20 for no ads and for PM any model.. they should have Options to:

1) Turn off PMs completely
2) Turn off PMs being initiated by X Y and Z people (only allow fan members and/or mods to initiate, for example)
3) Don't allow premium users to initiate PMs with OTHER members (this can stop models coming in and stealing etc)
4) Set up an automated price for initiating a PM / Or user must have XX tokens to start a PM

Plenty more things can be done to help also.

Upvote 0

Hello! I set the PM for 10 tkns, I think I was wrong because I often find myself chatting for hours and this is not good for my show. Probably I will have to raise the price or eliminate it. I think that users must pay for a new PM every day. But how do you behave with Premium users? those who can write to everyone without having to tip?

Upvote 0
Hello! I set the PM for 10 tkns, I think I was wrong because I often find myself chatting for hours and this is not good for my show. Probably I will have to raise the price or eliminate it. I think that users must pay for a new PM every day. But how do you behave with Premium users? those who can write to everyone without having to tip?

SImply:

"Guys if you have not tipped me for my PM, I won't be replying to you" - and then you do exactly that, you don't reply to their PM. If they keep pestering you, silence them.

If the conversation with people in the PMs is distracting from your main/public show and taking too much time, do exactly what you said and increase the price or literally, if the PM from the people is just stupid, pointless and going nowhere or trying for freebies etc ignore them. Guys will try to get as much from you for as little as possible so don't be too worried about being a bit more firm. It's your time they are wasting which is hindering your income and bills.

You could verbally say - as not to make it specific to individuals - during your show something like "hey guys, I am getting too many pointless PMs and it's distracting from my main show, so I won't be replying AS MUCH" (use the words or similar to "as much" or "as often" and then it's not you outright saying you are going to ignore them, but similarly "as much/often" can mean you will reply to each person only once per hour.

Upvote 0
The few times I was on CB, the model had the room muted so you had to have at least one token in order to chat. In addition to that, she charged for PMs per visit. It was only a few tokens. But, you had to tip it, with a tip note requesting. Or, unless she initiated it, I think.

I generally don't PM with models unless it's ones I know and am regulars with. But, even then, it's rare as I like to be more engaged with the room as it helps the model out with her room and keep things flowing. If it's a side conversation, I usually try to keep it short so as to not distract her from the room. If I happen to go into a new room, and the models PMs me, I'll respond similarly in that it's a short conversation.

I have no issues paying to PM/friend's lists to models, as it's nice to have the option if needed. But, again, rarely and I have no problems with tip notes. Especially if it's during a tease, flirting, or just making a silly/stupid comment to something she's doing in the room.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.