AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips on Tips! :)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey girls! I've talked to NaughtyNaomi in the past about this... and I'd like to know your opinions.
Or even members/basics. I'd like to know your opinions on what you're looking for, too!
I've found out that having another girl on cam helps TONS (even without touching each other!) but I'd like to know what else helps get tips?
What have you found was helpful or useful that you could pass on to a new-ish model?
Please get back to me when you've got the time :) Thanks!

OK, I spend a lot of time on the site. Like 6-8 hours a day, some days more. Thursdays I usually pull a 14-15 hour day. I've got a little bit of insight from a member's perspective. The following is my raw opinion, so take it for what it is with no sugar. Some of the examples might pertain to you but were stated as general observations.

Boils down to professionalism and attitude. The prettiest model won't make the most amount of money and the not so prettiest model won't make the least amount of money. There are some gorgeous models that don't make shit and some "average or below" looking models that rake in the money.

To be successful you have to believe you are successful. This shows confidence in yourself, physically and emotionally. Confidence is an attractive trait in anyone, be it a man or woman; and I think everyone here will agree on that. Being a cam girl is more about the attitude than the looks. Women see confidence in men and men see it in women. Do you think man with zero confidence is attractive? Not so much. Same applies to cam girls. How many models do you see lying on their side in bra/panties starting at their screen doing nothing but waiting for fish to bite? Taking care of yourself is confidence.

That being said, this isn't the dictionary and work comes before success.

It doesn't matter if it's in public chat, group, or private. You have to perform at or near the top of your game. Being active on cam with dances, teases, games is a good start. Sitting or laying around is a sure way to have someone be disinterested and click next model. Being interactive is essential. When you are tipped, no matter if it's 10 tokens or 1,000 tokens, thank them by name in the same manner with the same gratitude. Many tips are "feelers" to see how the model will interact with them. I do it as well as many others. A model has to prove herself before the bigger, consistent tips come out. The models that have proved themselves to me are the ones that receive minimum 100 tokens tips from me. They didn't start out with that, it was worked up through interaction with them. Not just any model goes private with me. I'm selective about them and they have to be the total package for me to commit. This is not a statement of arrogance. I'm nothing to write home about in the looks department and I've never thought of my self as the proverbial gift to anyone.

A dedicated space for camming is nice to have if you have the room. If the computer can be easily moved it helps when others are home too so you can focus on the guests in your room rather than your environment. Don't have anything around that's distracting. You want the guests to be focused on you, not your pile of bills stacked on the dresser behind you. Might take a few weeks to get your "cam nest" designed and implemented. Your environment is an expression of your confidence and inner personality. Messy beds and clutter everywhere give the impression of a disorganized, care free attitude that might prevent someone from getting to know you enough to be a regular tipper. Messy is not attractive.

The men on the site are not ATM machines (no sicko, not the ass-to-mouth kind, the money kind). One of the biggest turn offs for me and I'm sure other guys are models that beg; just as models hate begging members. It's mutual. If the member will see fit to tip the model, it shall be done. If not, don't push them. You might feel good about "giving them the business" for a few minutes but you just lost a customer for life. A model that uses their personal life as leverage to get sympathy and tips is not only unprofessional, but it's just bad form. 90% of the guys on the site don't give a shit about you or your rent that's 2 months behind. They are there for themselves, not you. They want your face down, ass up, and they're out. Don't waste your energy. Just be yourself.

This industry doesn't suffer fools. You, as a cam girl, need to run your operation as a business because that's what it is. You are a self employed contractor. Your customers are the members in the room. You need to market yourself as a person and as a body of desire. There is a rule in customer service that a customer that has one negative experience with a business will tell at least 10 people, of whom will tell 10 people each. The customer with a good experience will tell about 3 people, of whom will tell about the same. As you can see, a reputation takes a lot less time to be ruined or tarnished than it takes to build it. Focus on building your reputation and the fans will be there for you. This is a customer service industry no question about it. Customer service is an attitude. It starts with you. A customer enters the room. It's your job to keep them there. Focus on the customer at all times. If you feel the need to multitask and check other things, turn your cam off, take care of it and get back on cam. Staring at the computer doing other things besides acknowledging the people in the room will make you lose customers faster than you can say "wait, guys I'm back".

The successful models started from ground zero and through trial and error, attained a loyal following. But again it took hard work to get to that point. There is no entitlement to success and money. You have to earn it.

Reactions: Davd James
I was considering replying to this thread with about what Tubby said. And he did it better than I ever could and I work on the damn site. Bravo! :clap:

I do wanna say what he said again because most cam girls just don't grasp the concept for some reason. Even if in your the deepest recesses of your mind you think you're average or boring once you turn that cam on you have to bring out the best and most interesting parts of yourself possible. And the being thankful thing. I'm not the best at doing it exactly how Tubby explained, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with everyone tipping (big or small) to say their names or (and I'm a bit ashamed to admit this) I can't pronounce their names. I'm crap at "sounding stuff out". >_<

This post Tubby made IMO should actually be in the model help section of the MFC wiki. Would help out sooooo many girls.

Frankie said:
And the being thankful thing. I'm not the best at doing it exactly how Tubby explained, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with everyone tipping (big or small) to say their names or (and I'm a bit ashamed to admit this) I can't pronounce their names. I'm crap at "sounding stuff out". >_<
Right and most prudent adults realize you can't stay on top of it all with exact precision. Like if you get a small batch of 3-4 tippers that tip within a few seconds, like during a tip storm or such, obviously calling by name isn't realistic (like during Amber's tip storm visit by the Legion or yours later that night with myself and the other guys tipping you to the verge of tears lol). Some of the names are hard to make out too, so that's a given. There are always exceptions but my statement was more of a guideline with totality of the circumstances remaining supreme in the execution of it.

Maybe I can put a little deal on my site like that, Frankie. A page for model tips, etc.??

I have nothing to add, I just like seeing my name. And frankie's tentacle.

Seriously though, Tubbs did right. I tip based on personality awesomness and fun. I can see pretty naked women for free on the internets, but I enjoy the interaction.

tubby556 said:
Frankie said:
And the being thankful thing. I'm not the best at doing it exactly how Tubby explained, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with everyone tipping (big or small) to say their names or (and I'm a bit ashamed to admit this) I can't pronounce their names. I'm crap at "sounding stuff out". >_<
Right and most prudent adults realize you can't stay on top of it all with exact precision. Like if you get a small batch of 3-4 tippers that tip within a few seconds, like during a tip storm or such, obviously calling by name isn't realistic (like during Amber's tip storm visit by the Legion or yours later that night with myself and the other guys tipping you to the verge of tears lol). Some of the names are hard to make out too, so that's a given. There are always exceptions but my statement was more of a guideline with totality of the circumstances remaining supreme in the execution of it.

Maybe I can put a little deal on my site like that, Frankie. A page for model tips, etc.??

Another fantastic idea! Seriously, there is no site out there that helps girls new to all of this learn what's okay and what's going to make you look like a greedy cunt. They (much like I did when I first started) take their information off other girls they see making huge cash and I'm sorry to say this, but most of those zombie-ish cam girls who make a FUCK TON in tips are just VERY VERY VERY lucky and/or very smart into manipulating people, but that's just my opinion.

And as I said you explained it so well that it would be easy for any girl wanting to take a turn in the cam model pool to understand a.) what she's getting into and b.) don't take for granted what you do make and don't expect respect and appreciation if you don't give it.

Okay, gonna stop rambling now. XD

Tubby, you just knocked it out of the park with that reply. Damn.

I guess the only thing I could say for my opinion is don't be a bore and don't be a total whore.

By bore, I mean dont look like youre not interacting with the people in your room. There's this one model that I've looked at a couple of times in Lounge chat that is pretty damn hot, but I've never heard her voice in free chat. I know sound is on because I can hear her tapping on the keyboard, but she never says a word. And I know she actually does things in her shows since I've spied on one. But I want to hear her voice in public.

By whore, I mean what's been said already. Don't PM random members out of nowhere (especially if they're in someone else's room). Dont beg. Dont say you'll do something for X number of tokens and then bump that price up because someone tipped more than X.

Of course, I may not be the best to ask. I'm not made of money like some people are. So I have to be very picky about who I spend my tokens on.

Salo1 said:
I have nothing to add, I just like seeing my name. And frankie's tentacle.

Seriously though, Tubbs did right. I tip based on personality awesomness and fun. I can see pretty naked women for free on the internets, but I enjoy the interaction.

My tentacle lures all people awesome enough to open their minds up, into it's dark awesome abyss. :D

Great input Tubby. I have a bit of experience as a premium and a model, so this will be written from both sides.

And Frankie, the tentacle is hot. I haven't seen you use it yet, but someday I hope to :p

Be Yourself would probably be the biggest tip for any model. Let them get to know you, so that as your awesomness shines, they can say "ooh pretty."

For one, it'll make them want to watch you in a group or private more; rather than just any stranger's box.

Two, they might come back to see you again.

Three, it makes you your own person, and thus different from all other models.

Four, it makes your room more fun for everyone--especially you--when you're chatting amongst friends.

Five, since you're yourself you can relax.

Six, it should cover that whole interacting thing

It goes on, but yep. But mainly because they are people, (Granted the ones who say "tities now bb" aren't human, but anyways,) then look them like such. They're not tippers or non-tippers; they're people who are there to see you. Reward them, thank them, involve them, but most of all; enjoy them. Seriously, they won't mind.

The tips will take care of themselves if you take care of them as well as yourself.

But to understand tips, lets look at what they are and why they're there.

For me, on my premium account; I only do three types of tips. There's the "Request" tip, in which I politely ask (either before or in the description; it depends on what the request is or if I've asked for it before,) for the model to do or show me something. There's the, "You are Awesome!" tip that goes to the models who are really cool; this usually happens when saying hi, they do something funny/cute/that I like about them/etc, or something similar. Lastly there's the "Thank you!" tip; which I use to send a special thank you to the model for giving me a good time (sexually or non) or for doing something I really really liked without having requested (Say when a model shows her sexy back suddenly or something.)

I haven't tipped for these ones often but here are a few more I've seen;
Oh then there are "Donation" tips, when someone tips in hope you get a new toy. Those are pretty kind but mainly when it's from someone you know; because then they actually know what you want and their express that they want you to continue to enjoy whatever toy it is that broke or that you haven't tried yet.

"Countdown" tips come in multiple forms. Either there happens to be a countdown and people tip for another reason, but it subtracts from the countdown anyways (the best ones.) or they are tipping for the countdown to well... countdown. Sure, they could want it to go down because they want whatever the countdown is for to happen; but by being yourself and knowing you want to do whatever the countdown is for anyways, they might tip so that both you and them can enjoy it.

There are other types of tips people can do too. Like the "I'm a horny dumbass bastard and I believe you are FORCED to finger yourself right now because I tipped you! TYPO TYPO TYPO!!!" tip or the nicer ones such as "Aw, you're so cute, you're doing so well and I like that. Keep it up." tip. Oh and of course the silly tips (I've done these too) of when you want to say something randomly and secretly to a model in public chat; so you just tip her and put it in the comment.

Oh and they're always the "You're pretty" tip, or tips to complement you in other ways. Sometimes these are just because you're pretty, but the ones you want most are the ones where they complement you on something other than your looks. Right? Because there's always something grand about a fan or member flaunting you by telling you why you're awesome right down to your personality or more; tips or not on this one. But still it's a type of tip that people do.

But yeah. I'm sure there are more, but looking at this, from what I can tell--or at least the way I believe tips should be treated--they all have a reason in which someone decided to tip you instead of just say/request something. Being yourself (other than the horny bastard that'd do the same to any model regardless,) gives them reasons to be there and feel/think the above things about you depending on their chemistry.

I'm not sure if it's the availability of tokens or what that makes people decide to tip verses just saying or requesting things; but usually what they say (the thanks, the complements, them getting to know you and vise-versa) are beneficial in more ways than tokens and should be something you're doing anyways.

At the same time, if you stop and just look at them as tips, I guess you realize that when you tip a waitress (Which yes we're not but hush,) you did it because she was nice, had a cute smile, interacted with you, made sure you were enjoying yourself, and because the food was good (Sure, she's not the cook but I tip more when I have a great steak. Who wouldn't?)

The same is for a model. I guess the steak is her sexy back. I dunno.

They're a thing of respect and gratitude, not of expectation.

M'kay, I'd put in a summary and apologize for writing so much and rambling, but this is a lot already and ... [error]

A lot of getting tips is luck. I've been in two rooms today, both attractive American girls in revealing clothes with great, engaging personalities, both with very high ratings.

One got sporadic groups from the 500 or so people in her room, the other had one or two people out of the 1000 in her room dropping 500-2000 at a time, and random 90-100 token tip wars. The guys spending the most weren't saying a word, other than "don't do anything for the tip."

They're both engaging the room, they're both confident yet nice, they're both thanking everyone for every tip (except the ones from guys that like being demeaned lol), they're both more than willing to do requests for tips.

What was the difference?

Luck. The big tippers decided to choose one of them, for whatever reason, and the news of big tips travels quickly and draws other people.

So yeah, when a regular decides to come in your room, and decides he likes some part of your personality and/or luck more than any other model's, your experience at MFC will GREATLY change.

But in my experience the biggest tippers don't last. They show up for a month or two, then move on to another girl or another name and some new big spender shows up with some other girl.

So don't feel too bad about who's in the top 20, and don't try to figure out what they're doing that you aren't. Be comfortable with who you are portraying and what you are doing and have fun, and just let it all happen.

Reactions: Lyla1999
Nice post, Tubby, that was pro. These are a couple of ideas I have noticed and thought about. If it's wrong, please correct me. I would hate to try to help and be giving bad advice.

I think the activities and tip goals / rewards are awesome and a lot of girls are very creative. I wanted to add that it seems like the "games" are more successful when they take into account instant gratification. Yes, it sounds bad, but from a concept point-of-view. The "500, 1k, 3k" goals for showing skin seem to often progress slowly. There is a lot of down time between the marks. It seems like smaller increments gain more contributions from a more diverse group of members. I may be wrong, you track the earnings closer than I do, but I think 1k or 1.5k can be hit 2-3 times at a quicker pace than 3k once. Also, when the goal is about to be met the rooms flood from passerby and from alerts going out in the lounge. More traffic more often should impact tips. The type of goal ties in here and seems to make a difference in the generosity of the token flow. Selling something in addition to nudity seems to sell very well. Instead of selling some toplessness, sell something to do, something that interests you. Sell some jumping jacks (another thread discussed workout....you could sell the exercise type). Or naked Wii tennis. Games like card games can be directly interactive. The company of a beautiful woman with the addition of a fun experience makes the time all the more memorable.

While I am here and writing this, the idea of a show that is outdoors sounds incredible. It's not the most practical and probably not accessible to many, but if it could be pulled off may be a hit. A show that is in your backyard or someplace outside seems naughty and a little chance of being spied on is hot. A girlfriend once flashed me in her front yard and she failed to see the mailman approaching from the side. The embarrassment was tremendous and the ensuing passions were legendary. I guess what it comes down to in this case is a day filled with danger of working on cam. I am absolutely not advocating trouble, just the concept. You could fake it :shhh: . Pretend someone is just within earshot and you need to be quiet to keep a secret. Parents visiting or you visiting parents. Frankie streaking. Lots of possibility.

dbcooper29 said:
Pretend someone is just within earshot and you need to be quiet to keep a secret. Parents visiting or you visiting parents. Frankie streaking. Lots of possibility.

I love this idea. XD As soon as my laptop gets here and it warms up I gotta put something together like "Streaking Saturday" LOL

Step 1. Obtain pogo stick
Step 2. Learn how to ride pogo stick
Step 3. Prepare a fresh or gentlly used toy of your choice.
Step 4. Firmly attach toy referred to in step 3 to pogo stick referred to in step 1
step 5. Use your imagination
Step 6. Profit

Reason why we don't see that on cam? Not a money maker. ShyTeen makes more in an hour with her plan than anyone would in a year with the pogo stick plan.

Labor does not equal profit. Profit is defined as "income derived from investment of money or dividends". Labor for money is an equality, not an income. $10 for one hour of labor is an exchange not a profit, there is no investment. It's an equal exchange of time for money. Time is never an investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.