AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Today I Learned (TIL)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I learned (first-hand) that there is no better visual portrayal of guilt than an excitable puppy next to a pile of poo.
[but it's a delight to take on another rescue animal].
Perhaps more helpful, I also learned that a few drops of diluted lemon juice and an hour in the sun will get rid of a stubborn food stain that no other laundry product could shift.
Just take care on non-whites as it does tend to bleach 👍

Today I learned

A new word. Incelligence

1. the ability to acquire, and apply, knowledge and/or skills that only an incel would value.
2. the actual information itself, again only of interest to guys who are socially awkward and bad at dating.
"Incel: Why don't modern women value my intelligence, like they would've back in the olden days?"
"John: Women value actual intelligence (how to succeed in life), not *incelligence* (eidetic memory of your meme folders or strategies for how the Axis could've won WW2)"
by Quinn Que October 30, 2022

Today I learned that during snowstorms, you're supposed to park on the odd side of the street in odd years...and park on the even side of the street in even years...to help the crews clear the county roads.

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

TIL also

If you screw up and don't complete the final step of cashing out on CB for immediate payout you can email them and ask them nicely to process it the same day and they will.

Today I learned that during snowstorms, you're supposed to park on the odd side of the street in odd years...and park on the even side of the street in even years...to help the crews clear the county roads.

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF
Small side tangent

A model was playing a trivia game and she was surprised to learn sex toys are illegal but prolific in Alabama. She thought the card was wrong. I couldn't resist logging into her room and saying "all products have a "for novelty use only" sticker on them and then threw up that gif. IATA

Today i Learned.... you're not supposed to put BOILING water into a hot water bottle.

I have been using boiled water from a kettle my entire life, my mother before that, my grandparents, and so on.
We never ever had issues, but I have been using one a lot lately, 4 or 5 times per day, and it finally "melted" a hole and leaked while the hot water was inside, and it went all over me. Luckily I was wearing layers of clothes so was not injured. But wow, I never realised you're not meant to, and you're hot meant to use hot water from a tap either because of possible impurities.. you're meant to boil the water in a kettle or saucepan, then let it cool down.

I will buy a new one when I can and still use boiling water - this hot water bottle lasted 14 years so, it can't be all bad haha

• Wat?!
Reactions: inertvolcano
How color blind? Have you seen those glasses that can apparently reverse it??
I'm red-green color blind, the most common kind, though I guess there's levels of severity in addition to the type and I'm on the more severe end. Severe enough that there's a neighborhood in Syracuse, NY, that hangs its traffic light upside down to show their "Irish pride" and I nearly died passing through there because I tell the lights by their position.

I have seen those glasses. I am curious but not $200 curious. 😆 My friends keep threatening to buy them for me but nobody's done it yet.

Today I learned that it is in fact TUESDAY not monday. I was surprised. :p

I'm red-green color blind, the most common kind, though I guess there's levels of severity in addition to the type and I'm on the more severe end. Severe enough that there's a neighborhood in Syracuse, NY, that hangs its traffic light upside down to show their "Irish pride" and I nearly died passing through there because I tell the lights by their position.

I have seen those glasses. I am curious but not $200 curious. 😆 My friends keep threatening to buy them for me but nobody's done it yet.
So cool that you know now. Traffic lights should NEVER be switched what fucking morons. That's such a hazard. My grandpa was red/green color blind I loved pranking him :p

At least you know now!!

Today i Learned.... you're not supposed to put BOILING water into a hot water bottle.

I have been using boiled water from a kettle my entire life, my mother before that, my grandparents, and so on.
We never ever had issues, but I have been using one a lot lately, 4 or 5 times per day, and it finally "melted" a hole and leaked while the hot water was inside, and it went all over me. Luckily I was wearing layers of clothes so was not injured. But wow, I never realised you're not meant to, and you're hot meant to use hot water from a tap either because of possible impurities.. you're meant to boil the water in a kettle or saucepan, then let it cool down.

I will buy a new one when I can and still use boiling water - this hot water bottle lasted 14 years so, it can't be all bad haha
After this happened once to someone in my family all the hot water bottles got changed for hot wheat bags. you just put them in the microwave and there's no risk of burning yourself.

This is what I am on about:

I'm sure its not just a UK thing, I would imagine you can buy them worldwide.

Chaturbate must be a nightmare for red/green color blindness. Mods are red and fan club is green.

Those glasses don't actually fix the problem.

20230131_162343.jpg

Chaturbate must be a nightmare for red/green color blindness. Mods are red and fan club is green.

Those glasses don't actually fix the problem.

Yeah I can't tell the difference between mods or fan club members at all though I think mods sort on the list higher.

I had heard the glasses can help if you have a low insensitivity color blindness as it increases the contrast, but that wouldn't help me because mine is real bad.

Yeah I can't tell the difference between mods or fan club members at all though I think mods sort on the list higher.

I had heard the glasses can help if you have a low insensitivity color blindness as it increases the contrast, but that wouldn't help me because mine is real bad.
That sucks, I'm sorry. My mom is red/green color blind. She was notorious for wearing two different color shoes to work. (Same style.)

Reactions: inertvolcano
That sucks, I'm sorry. My mom is red/green color blind. She was notorious for wearing two different color shoes to work. (Same style.)
I used to make that kind of mistake all the time. Now people think I only wear t-shirts and blue jeans because I'm a slacker who doesn't care about his appearance but in reality it means I don't have to worry about trying to match my clothes and getting them wrong.

I used to make that kind of mistake all the time. Now people think I only wear t-shirts and blue jeans because I'm a slacker who doesn't care about his appearance but in reality it means I don't have to worry about trying to match my clothes and getting them wrong.
I think it's smart, efficient, and fiscally responsible.

Not for the same reason as I'm not colour blind, but I have my wardrobe in a way that any top will match any bottom so I don't have to think about what to wear, ever. Just pick whatever is there.

I'm red-green colour blind too. Found out when I was a teenager and had won an apprenticeship to become an electrician. Had to undergo a pre-employment medical exam. I passed everything and was declared fully fit until they showed me some multi-coloured circles and asked me to say what numbers were in them....... and I saw no numbers whatsoever. There ended my planned career as a 'sparky'.

Spanish.... the language often annoys and frustrates me (admittedly I am not studying as seriously as I should) but it also delights me at times.

Today it delighted me when I learnt that in Spanish the sloth is "oso perezoso". Perezoso = lazy, so, yes... a sloth is a Lazy Bear!!!! :rofl:

Spanish.... the language often annoys and frustrates me (admittedly I am not studying as seriously as I should) but it also delights me at times.

Today it delighted me when I learnt that in Spanish the sloth is "oso perezoso". Perezoso = lazy, so, yes... a sloth is a Lazy Bear!!!! :rofl:
I was very proud that I knew enough Spanish that I understood this meme when I stumbled on it.

images (4).jpg

Reactions: Ozzie_
I always wonder why the hell I know Japanese but won't bother to learn Spanish which is the sister language to my native one 🤷

I was very proud that I knew enough Spanish that I understood this meme when I stumbled on it.

View attachment 95210
But I'd really like to know what this is about

But I'd really like to know what this is about
There is a Spanish saying, "Camarón que se duerme, se lo lleva la corriente" that translates to "the sleeping shrimp gets carried away by the current." In English the equivalent is you snooze, you lose. 😆 The meme is just a funny depiction of the saying with the shrimp saying "I'm going to sleep" and then shouting, "Help!" I hear the little shrimp's voice in my head every time I look at it.

(ETA the translation of the dialogue in the meme)

Reactions: Ozzie_
There is a Spanish saying, "Camarón que se duerme, se lo lleva la corriente" that translates to "the sleeping shrimp gets carried away by the current." In English the equivalent is you snooze, you lose. 😆 The meme is just a funny depiction of the saying. I imagine the little shrimp's voice in my head every time I look at it.
Thanks! Today I learned this!
In Portuguese we say "to sleep at the (implied: bus) stop"

Status
Not open for further replies.