AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token refund fromn support effects the model?

• Thread starter Deleted member 54799
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 54799

Hi,

Im curious as visitor but also as moderator when the support center refunds tokens to me or any other visitor if this effects the earned tokens from the broadcaster.

I have been cheated a few times by models. For example:
I see the tipmenu, a flash for 50 tokens. I tip 50 tokens but the model doesnt do it at all.
Then contacting support about what happened and im getting my 50 tokens back.
But takes the support center those 50 tokens from the model?

Reactions: DoD404
Yes, this is taken away from the model account. We get a message on screen that there is a request for a refund if that happens. We can agree or not agree (with a comment). I don't know the exact procedure for disagree, I guess cb decides then. It can even lead to negative token values. CB does not charge interest though lol.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Yes, the tokens are deducted from the model. When tipping a low amount, especially a round number like 50tk for a menu item please make sure to tell the model you are tipping for this item because it’s easy to assume the member is tipping “just because”. Also, if the model is busy doing something.. for example.. dancing away from the computer screen or adjusting a lamp at the far end of the room she can simply miss your tip. So before going to support make sure the model is aware of the issue and give her the opportunity to fulfill the request.

Upvote 0
check also if model wasn't refreshing her page at the same moment like
- model leaves the chat
- you tip
- model enters the chat

And never hesitate, before asking for a refund, to speak with her a minimum. Even if she missed the tip she can see her tip history to check. You'll see better if she is cheating or just missed it.

Upvote 0
I really didn't expected this.
It is a good thing if a model really cheats users but there are many cases where its a misunderstanding.
My friend gelialye where i also moderate was scared because of a pvt show because the user was not satisfied and threatend to get get his tokens back.
She didnt do anything wrong but the user wanted to see more while she wont show some parts and that is clearly communicated.

I will think twice if i think i see i get cheated and getting angry because of that.
I feel sorry for gelialye but also for the other models with cases like this. It doesnt sound fair to me if users get there tokens back so easy.
Many times im shocked about the many risks a model has and this is another one i didnt know about. Im not a model but it looks like people barely understand that there is a real person behind that cam trying to earn money (for living).

Thanks all for explaining!

Upvote 0
how do you show proof though? maybe the viewers just want their tokens back even though the model did do what she was asked but how does chaturbate know if that happened or not?

Upvote 0
It happened to me once, some time ago. Member asked for refund, even tho he got what he tipped for, and i disagreed with the refund, explaining suport what and how things happened, as no tokens were deducted from my account, i assumed they have a way to check or the member just gave up, dunno which one.

Upvote 0
She didnt do anything wrong but the user wanted to see more while she wont show some parts and that is clearly communicated.
I will think twice if i think i see i get cheated and getting angry because of that.
I feel sorry for gelialye but also for the other models with cases like this. It doesnt sound fair to me if users get there tokens back so easy.
how do you show proof though? maybe the viewers just want their tokens back even though the model did do what she was asked but how does chaturbate know if that happened or not?

They don't refund customers without researching and they can see anything said and done on CB.

Upvote 0
They will launch an investigation on the matter. They ask for the member version and your version of the story and make a decision based on what they consider to be the less risky option for them. What I mean by that is CB would like to avoid having members issue chargebacks from their credit card companies as that has impact on their rating and with enough chargebacks credit card companies might refuse to continue to give CB service. In my opinion the fair thing to do would be for CB to absorb these refunds like MFC has done since its inception because most of the time these situations are the result of disgruntled members looking to hurt the model or cheap members wanting their tokens back and not a fault on the part of the model. But this isn’t how CB operates, they have too many models to worry about any model leaving and they fail to see many models will take all their users and their spending with them if they get upset and leave the site.

Upvote 0
They will launch an investigation on the matter. They ask for the member version and your version of the story and make a decision based on what they consider to be the less risky option for them.

What leads you to believe that? I mean unless CB told me that directly I can't think of a way to really determine that.

Upvote 0
What leads you to believe that? I mean unless CB told me that directly I can't think of a way to really determine that.
As a model who has cammed on CB for 4 years with a room of 8000 viewers on average I have had my fair share of refunds requested by members, and subsequent exchanges with support that doesn’t always side with me despite having all the facts on my side. As a member you just don’t have the interactions with support models do.

Upvote 0
As a model who has cammed on CB for 4 years with a room of 8000 viewers on average I have had my fair share of refunds requested by members, and subsequent exchanges with support that doesn’t always side with me despite having all the facts on my side. As a member you just don’t have the interactions with support models do.
can you share some of the cases you lost where you felt they shouldn't have sided with the user, like what kind of scenario was it? why do you feel like they sided with the customer based solely based on chargeback risk?

Upvote 0
can you share some of the cases you lost where you felt they shouldn't have sided with the user, like what kind of scenario was it? why do you feel like they sided with the customer based solely based on chargeback risk?
No

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: cbhours
Upvote 0
what about if you record your show, can you send the piece of the video where they tipped over to cb support?
Just be prepared to state your case calmly, objectively, and as concisely as you can several times and don’t be afraid to ask them for a superior if you realize they are ignoring you, giving you different canned responses every time you reply like they didn’t even bother reading your email and/or like it’s 5 different people replying without bothering to understand the case first. If it’s a low amount I wouldn’t even bother appealing the decision. If it’s a large sum (several thousand tokens) definitely ask them to bump the case up if you don’t feel you are being treated fairly. If you are persistent you will get better results.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
Well i wonder how this research goes. A few times i reported models for not doing what tipped for.
Then a bit later the model started talking to me in pm. saying she didnt see and didnt know what it was where i tipped for because of translation issues.
The next day i got my tokens back. I shoulnt have got the tokens back in my opinion because there was a misunderstanding.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.