AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Total noob, what should I get?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberlie_

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 18, 2013
Next week I get my super duper new i7 laptop with 970m graphics card. I've never really been a gamer although i used to play an online MMO called Howrse and years before that I enjoyed the Sims. Any suggestions for good games? I don't like shooters or ones where you walk around seemingly aimlessly for hours. Things with ranks I can move up in, challenges, building something or working towards something etc.

That's not a lot to go off of. But I'd go with something like minecraft! it's simple, casual friendly, and very fun! Definitely won't be easy on your computer. If you list off more interests, things your looking for, I could help more! I'm new to this site and interested in making friends! I have a ton of questions and hopefully I can find someone on here that has answers!
Also super willing to help out your need for a video games! I am a fan of games, and have played quite a few. When I look for a new one, i usually go for fandom I already like I.E Star Wars, Harry Potter, Etc.

I dont know thats the prob lol, all games these days seem to be very male focussed ie shoot em ups and war or driving around cities knocking diwn prostitutes :-/ ive enjoyed the sims, lara croft, burnout, gta, street fighter, tekken, sonic... haha all my experience of games was in the 90's! Eons ago, before computers were all high tech there was a DOS game called greyhound where you had to select dogs, train them up, breed, win races, and vuild your empire. Thwme 'Howrse' game was very similar but quite kiddified. I guess im looking for games with these sort of elements.

I dont know thats the prob lol, all games these days seem to be very male focussed ie shoot em ups and war or driving around cities knocking diwn prostitutes :-/ ive enjoyed the sims, lara croft, burnout, gta, street fighter, tekken, sonic... haha all my experience of games was in the 90's! Eons ago, before computers were all high tech there was a DOS game called greyhound where you had to select dogs, train them up, breed, win races, and vuild your empire. Thwme 'Howrse' game was very similar but quite kiddified. I guess im looking for games with these sort of elements.

If you're an old school gamer, i'd like to give you a high five. I remember the days of Oregon Trail, then later moved to Leisure Suit Larry, and the original Wolfenstein and Doom.

If you enjoy simulation games, you can always try out the The Sims 4,
There's also the latest Sim City or its doppelganger CIty Skylines. One of these two involves a lot of micromanaging

Reactions: Amberlie_
I remember doom lol, i played mine craft but found it boring. Thanks for the suggestions.

I kind of enjoy the 80's and 90's games more as well. Have you ever looked into the world of emulators?

With dosbox installed you could still play that dos game Greyhound. (I just tested it)

Screenshot - 2_8_2016 , 8_51_31 PM.png

While not necessary you can also install Win 3.11 in dosbox to run out of that environment.

And with emulators for other systems you can pretty much play all the older games you liked.

http://www.c64.com/ has thousands of games for old Commodore 64 and Vic 20 computers. There's games out there for all the Nintendo consoles, Sega, Playstations. Pretty much whatever console you can think of. Just search for an emulator for whatever system you like.

And if you liked games that could only play on WinXp you can always install Oracle Virtualbox for free. Then in that there's free copies of WinXp, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10 you can install, all at the same time if you like, to play games that came out back then and only play on those.

Omfg where abd how did you find that????! Wow thank you

I looked at steam the other day but every single game seems identical to the next - they're all just versions of the same war or fantasy based mmo. Is this all games are these days? I know things like grand theft auto are independent but running over prostitutes doesn't appeal to me lol.

I'd give Steam another try and do some different searching. There are lots of games on there that aren't war or fantasy mmos. Check out Life is Strange, it's a series and is very dependent on player choice. Great graphics and just a wonderful story in general.

Reactions: Amberlie_ and Gen
Crashlands is adorable and casual. I'm addicted and highly recommend it

Ahh Life is Strange looks awesome, definitely my type of thing. Not keen on crashlands as it looks too much like facebook farm games, and fallout 4 looks a bit too war/apocalyptic for me. It's hard when i'm not really sure what I'm after lol sorry. I like beautiful things that make me think, or strategise etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.