AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trolling by user using a VPN on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelylaura

Deactivated Account
May 25, 2020
Over the last 6 months I have had a user on CB create hundreds of accounts to troll/harass me. Many have been reported to CB and banned.

However, it is obvious he is using a VPN. How many accounts can one create with that? It seems endless. And reporting them seems useless.
Is there nothing CB can do to protect models who are harassed/trolled from users using a VPN?

Sounds like someone's really lost it :confused: Too bad CB mods can't ban users. Oh how I wish the constant background noise of fuckwits would just go away on freemium sites!

I always thought you needed a separate mail account to create a new user account on CB, but it's easy enough to get around it if that's actually a limitation (I didn't check).
The number of accounts you can create is not tied to the use or non-use of VPN, and while it's obvious to you (how?) that he is using VPN, it's technically just a connection like all others. The only reason for him using a VPN is to hide his real IP address, but knowing ittells you practically nothing (NCIS shows notwithstanding) and won't help in the long run. IP addresses for home broadband changes all the time.

Maintaining a list of known VPN endpoints (IP addresses) for all VPN connections in the world is impossible, but if it was possible and CB decided to block all of them, CB would ban a lot of perfectly legitimate users in the process.

VPN is a red herring here. Apart from playing whack-a-mole with this idiot and using the tips from @Lelo1 , I don't think there's much neither you nor CB can do. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
I suspect he is using a VPN because I have been documenting and reporting these accounts to cb for months.

They ban most all of them. However , 2 minutes later he is back under a new name.

CB does not require an email address to make an account—-they should. At least it would take them more time and effort.

I want to broadcast , but will be taking an extended break because as much as I need to earn my income, I value my mental health more.

• Hugs
Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
  • Require tipping to chat.
  • setup a script to auto mute / remove hate.
  • Document the harassment, keep records.
  • Keep reporting the harassment to CB
He is a grey user. He cannot chat. I turned grey chat off a month ago. So do not know what satisfaction he gets from this. I say nothing, just ban.

Upvote 0
I thought CB blocks grey members from being able to chat if they use a VPN?

I just tried with one and this is what CB shows in chat.

vpn.PNG

Upvote 0
He is a grey user. He cannot chat. I turned grey chat off a month ago. So do not know what satisfaction he gets from this. I say nothing, just ban.
Understanding guys like him is beyond normal people. Sounds like a proper nutcase, and unfortunately the internet has a neverending supply of those.
It's truly sad that you have to take a break because of assholes like him. And I guess he would find you elsewhere if you changed site ...

Upvote 0
if you are constantly monitoring the names of gray users you are playing his game. He's probably getting more attention than your best tipper, and you wonder why he does it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you are constantly monitoring the names of gray users you are playing his game. He's probably getting more attention than your best tipper, and you wonder why he does it?
Banning him without saying a word is giving him attention? Are you suggesting I just let him stay in my room? Knowing he is clearly not a stable individual, and quite possibly could be taking screenshots and recording everything I do? From the user names he creates he is clearly obsessed with me.

Upvote 0
Banning him without saying a word is giving him attention? Are you suggesting I just let him stay in my room? Knowing he is clearly not a stable individual, and quite possibly could be taking screenshots and recording everything I do? From the user names he creates he is clearly obsessed with me.
he can take screenshots and record everything you do without logging in at all. I would recommend just ignoring his presence.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
So sorry for all the stress this is doing. OP. I know it can be very stressful to experience constant harassment from a stranger. You don't deserve any of it, and it's their doing. Not yours. Out of your control.

• Require tipping to chat.
  • setup a script to auto mute / remove hate.
  • Document the harassment, keep records.
  • Keep reporting the harassment to CB

All these are good steps to take.

But I advise on stop publicly reacting to any of their harrasment if you haven't already. Ignore them as best as you can. Stop giving any attention to him when you see their presence. Silent ban and go on with your beautiful gorgeous life.

Unfortunately these type of people who will not go away after being banned and expressed they aren't welcome are quite common in camworld and most of the internet. Some people like to be cunts to strangers if they don't think there is any real life consequences because of their anonymity.

Reactions: NotYou and DoD404
Upvote 0
I do ignore his presence. As I have said many times, I say nothing and just ban. Would you suggest just letting him stay in room and not ban, since he can’t chat? I mean he just comes back under a new name anyway.

Upvote 0
I do ignore his presence. As I have said many times, I say nothing and just ban. Would you suggest just letting him stay in room and not ban, since he can’t chat? I mean he just comes back under a new name anyway.
Yes, he will eventually tire himself out and move on or will do it forever.

Reactions: NotYou and DoD404
Upvote 0
I thought CB blocks grey members from being able to chat if they use a VPN?

I just tried with one and this is what CB shows in chat.

View attachment 84489

I have used a VPN and never had this message.
I just tested it on multiple IPs/Countries as a Guest, Grey Account, and also my Main Account. No issues with any combination.

Maybe it's all based on the most popular and widely abused VPNs that trolls seem to use?
The one I use is a free Google Extension called Setup VPN

Edit:
Also to echo what others have said, if you have greys not able to chat, then ignore him. Don't worry about his name, don't think about him, don't give him any attention what so ever.
Trolls thrive on your reaction. If anything, laugh at how "awesome" it is or something.. That's what one model I know of does, she is on Stripchat and has a couple of guys try be rude and insult her etc but she doesn't care because she KNOWS their comments are to try and hurt and annoy her. Don't let that happen and you've taken all power away and they move on to something (someone, unfortunately) else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.