AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trouble reaching tip goals normal?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinaThyme

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 16, 2017
Ok so...I have a few questions.

I have been trying to get to 1500 for a cumshow when I'm online, but I haven't got anywhere near that amount in one shift. I'm usually on for 3-4 hours then have a break then do another 2-3 hours later in the day. Even if I continue the goal from the last show, I don't get even halfway to the goal... Is this normal for a new model on MFC?

I still have spin the wheel, raffles, giveaways, etc. Trying to get more people in to see my shows hoping they will tip. As much as I love having people to just chill and chat with in my room, I really want to get to that goal, man! I've done 3 "shifts" and only have about 350tkns. I guess I was hoping the week of free promo from the site would help boost my view count or tips but it's been almost the complete opposite. I have even tried doing on at a different time but I'm yet to find a single regular or anyone who comes in more than once, tipper or not.

How do I keep them coming back? What am I not doing right? Am I missing something??

Consistency helps a lot with gaining some regulars. If you spend a decent amount of time watching other models, you'll see that even some of the higher ranked models have times where they can't seem to get to a goal. It took me a couple weeks before having a night where I made more than 500-600 tokens. Out of nowhere on a night when I didn't even feel that good about getting on and almost didn't, I ended up having a lovely couple members come in my room and they were super friendly and it gave me a nice confidence boost and I ended up making 2000 tokens that night. And then the next night I got on I didn't make a single token and the time after that I think I made 80. Just shows a lot about how sometimes it can definitely be a matter of being in the right place at the right time. The more time you're on, the more likely it is that you'll end up in the right place at the right time. Just make sure to always remember that balance and rest is important and it can be easy to over work yourself.

Thank you both I will just keep getting on cam as much as I can and hopefully things will pick up on a couple weeks.

For most of us, stuff doesn't happen over night. Kinda like how weight loss takes time, building a fan base takes time. So the best thing you can do is put in the time. And sometimes putting in time means working on making your profile look better or making content to sell or even just sitting down to plan out some ideas for shows. But if you enjoy what you're doing and are willing to put in the time, it can be very rewarding long term.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarinaThyme
For most of us, stuff doesn't happen over night. Kinda like how weight loss takes time, building a fan base takes time. So the best thing you can do is put in the time. And sometimes putting in time means working on making your profile look better or making content to sell or even just sitting down to plan out some ideas for shows. But if you enjoy what you're doing and are willing to put in the time, it can be very rewarding long term.

This is exactly what I needed to hear
Thank you!

Ok so...I have a few questions.

I have been trying to get to 1500 for a cumshow when I'm online, but I haven't got anywhere near that amount in one shift. I'm usually on for 3-4 hours then have a break then do another 2-3 hours later in the day. Even if I continue the goal from the last show, I don't get even halfway to the goal... Is this normal for a new model on MFC?

I still have spin the wheel, raffles, giveaways, etc. Trying to get more people in to see my shows hoping they will tip. As much as I love having people to just chill and chat with in my room, I really want to get to that goal, man! I've done 3 "shifts" and only have about 350tkns. I guess I was hoping the week of free promo from the site would help boost my view count or tips but it's been almost the complete opposite. I have even tried doing on at a different time but I'm yet to find a single regular or anyone who comes in more than once, tipper or not.

How do I keep them coming back? What am I not doing right? Am I missing something??

It's hard to know how to help without seeing your cam feed specifically. You have a twitter account that is not linked on your MFC profile and there's no info in there about you or anything.. so that would be something to put some time into. It doesn't have to be crazy, just maybe some basic info about your games, who you are, what you offer...and WHEN you will be on.

If people are not returning you'll want to double check your feed - internet connection, sound etc are working.

You could follow up with people by adding them to your friendslist and pming them or mfc mailing them a little thank you if you see them online.

As far as goals go - it may work better for you to split goals up. When someone sees a goal that is unlikely to be reached due to a sluggish room they won't feel like tipping towards it will help. If you think about it, you're a horny dude you show up you want to know that if you wait an hour or two at most you're likely to see the show you're contributing for. People are not going to come back after your break to see the show they tipped 50tks towards 3 hrs earlier. I'd suggest coming up with smaller counts that can lead up to your cum countdown. Typically I'll start out with outerwear (a tshirt or a robe or something) off countdown, then bra off then panty off then maybe a sexy dance or a lil buttplug insertion or a quick bj show or a tease or *something* and THEN my cum countdown... That way people feel like they're achieving goals.

Holidays deffinately make it funky trying to retain people beause they're all doing things for the holidays. Some member retention things I do include:

-Pming (no pressure chatting) with ppl who are on my friendslist. I add all tippers, but some girls like to have a set charge for this.
-Emails thanking tippers and sending a lil sexy pic or bonus tease vid at the end of each month.
-Asking people to add me to their friendslist. ANYTIME your room count jumps (at the end of a show, or if you're doing osmething that makes ppl come in) remind people to hit "friend" so they can find you again easily.
-Newsfeeds during the day AND during my online time telling people whats going on. Shows, specials, etc. When someone adds you as a friend they see your newsfeeds no matter where they are on the site as the default setting. SO if you newsfeed and bigdick20 has you added as a friend but he's busy watching Top20DivaGirl do a cum show ... your newsfeed will pop up in her chat room viewable ONLY to him.
-Post your social media account in chat and remind people to follow you there. Follow and itneract as much as you can with other models and any members that follow you.
-Snapchat .... of course this requires buyers but this is the primary way i stay connected with regulars. I send a large amount of daily snaps from my life, sexy snaps and of course NOTIFICATIONS when im online!!

these are some ideas. Don't feel overwhelmed by them..... pick one or two that feel like they might be helpful and start there. All newbies start out with a learning curve.... mfc is a tough site. :h: I hope this helps some

It's hard to know how to help without seeing your cam feed specifically. You have a twitter account that is not linked on your MFC profile and there's no info in there about you or anything.. so that would be something to put some time into. It doesn't have to be crazy, just maybe some basic info about your games, who you are, what you offer...and WHEN you will be on.

If people are not returning you'll want to double check your feed - internet connection, sound etc are working.

You could follow up with people by adding them to your friendslist and pming them or mfc mailing them a little thank you if you see them online.

As far as goals go - it may work better for you to split goals up. When someone sees a goal that is unlikely to be reached due to a sluggish room they won't feel like tipping towards it will help. If you think about it, you're a horny dude you show up you want to know that if you wait an hour or two at most you're likely to see the show you're contributing for. People are not going to come back after your break to see the show they tipped 50tks towards 3 hrs earlier. I'd suggest coming up with smaller counts that can lead up to your cum countdown. Typically I'll start out with outerwear (a tshirt or a robe or something) off countdown, then bra off then panty off then maybe a sexy dance or a lil buttplug insertion or a quick bj show or a tease or *something* and THEN my cum countdown... That way people feel like they're achieving goals.

Holidays deffinately make it funky trying to retain people beause they're all doing things for the holidays. Some member retention things I do include:

-Pming (no pressure chatting) with ppl who are on my friendslist. I add all tippers, but some girls like to have a set charge for this.
-Emails thanking tippers and sending a lil sexy pic or bonus tease vid at the end of each month.
-Asking people to add me to their friendslist. ANYTIME your room count jumps (at the end of a show, or if you're doing osmething that makes ppl come in) remind people to hit "friend" so they can find you again easily.
-Newsfeeds during the day AND during my online time telling people whats going on. Shows, specials, etc. When someone adds you as a friend they see your newsfeeds no matter where they are on the site as the default setting. SO if you newsfeed and bigdick20 has you added as a friend but he's busy watching Top20DivaGirl do a cum show ... your newsfeed will pop up in her chat room viewable ONLY to him.
-Post your social media account in chat and remind people to follow you there. Follow and itneract as much as you can with other models and any members that follow you.
-Snapchat .... of course this requires buyers but this is the primary way i stay connected with regulars. I send a large amount of daily snaps from my life, sexy snaps and of course NOTIFICATIONS when im online!!

these are some ideas. Don't feel overwhelmed by them..... pick one or two that feel like they might be helpful and start there. All newbies start out with a learning curve.... mfc is a tough site. :h: I hope this helps some
I'm probably in the minority opinion but speaking as member unless it is a model that I'm a 'regular' with I really don't want to be on a friends list. And unless I'm routinely hanging out in the room and we have a good rapport I really don't want unsolicited emails and PMs. I might be on to see a different model or maybe I just don't feel like talking at the moment. I know there isn't really any social contract for me to answer and a model isn't going to be heartbroken if I ignore it, but it still feels weird to me to get a message like that. At least from a model that I've already spent time with -- those poaching PMs from models I've never heard of are easy to ignore.

For example, yesterday I was bored and spent some time in a model's room I had never been to before. Good chat room, we talked about Christmas plans and Star Wars, I tipped her for her time, thanked her when I had to leave, and on my way out she mentioned that she had added me to her friend's list and invited me to do the same. I really didn't like that. I see the advantage for the model for me to add her because it increases the chances I would come back because MFC would put her front and center for me when she is on, but for me personally I would rather buy that friend add if I really wanted it.

Like I said, I'm probably the minority because I so rarely use PMs (it doesn't feel like no pressure chatting to me) and I can see how it would work as a retention strategy for some members. Others might find it a turn off though.

I'm probably in the minority opinion but speaking as member unless it is a model that I'm a 'regular' with I really don't want to be on a friends list. And unless I'm routinely hanging out in the room and we have a good rapport I really don't want unsolicited emails and PMs. I might be on to see a different model or maybe I just don't feel like talking at the moment. I know there isn't really any social contract for me to answer and a model isn't going to be heartbroken if I ignore it, but it still feels weird to me to get a message like that. At least from a model that I've already spent time with -- those poaching PMs from models I've never heard of are easy to ignore.

For example, yesterday I was bored and spent some time in a model's room I had never been to before. Good chat room, we talked about Christmas plans and Star Wars, I tipped her for her time, thanked her when I had to leave, and on my way out she mentioned that she had added me to her friend's list and invited me to do the same. I really didn't like that. I see the advantage for the model for me to add her because it increases the chances I would come back because MFC would put her front and center for me when she is on, but for me personally I would rather buy that friend add if I really wanted it.

Like I said, I'm probably the minority because I so rarely use PMs (it doesn't feel like no pressure chatting to me) and I can see how it would work as a retention strategy for some members. Others might find it a turn off though.

No, this makes total sense to me. I try to spend a lot of time thinking about what would be annoying or off-putting to me if I was in a model's room (which I have a premium account on MFC and that helped me a lot to really get the member experience) and feeling pressured to come back if you really just wanted to pop in to check them out and show a little appreciation for their time can be off-putting. And I feel like the most common complaint I hear on ANY adult website from guys is that girls "hunt" too much. Meaning they send too many messages- often times unsolicitied -and try too hard to "convince" people to come to their room or come back to their room, or to buy something from them.

Just to be clear though, I'm not trying to shit on anyone's hustle. Different hustles work for different people. Some members love receiving a nice message thanking them for being in the room. I typically reserve that kind of thing for people that have been in my room a few times and have interacted with me some, and really I only go out of my way to message someone after if they maybe were the primary contributor toward my countdowns or something, or if I can just tell they're the kind of person that would really appreciate a few moments of more one-on-one interaction since I don't offer privates really. Balance and moderation is key with this stuff.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
Some members love receiving a nice message thanking them for being in the room. I typically reserve that kind of thing for people that have been in my room a few times and have interacted with me some, and really I only go out of my way to message someone after if they maybe were the primary contributor toward my countdowns or something, or if I can just tell they're the kind of person that would really appreciate a few moments of more one-on-one interaction since I don't offer privates really. Balance and moderation is key with this stuff.
Exactly. I'm not completely opposed to that level of one on one interaction -- I've gotten some very sweet emails and PMs on MFC that made for a nice ego boost or just a smile. But that was after a lot of time spent in a room and with the model. If I had gotten the same email/PM without that time spent between us it would have ringed hollow and felt manipulative to me.

Balance and honesty is very much the key, I think. Trying to force it is a mistake.

I am experiencing the same thing, I admit I get a little frustrated. I made 10 tokens today at first I was upset. I was like I made .50 cent. But on the positive side, I gained rating today. Which I realize is important to on MFC. I have so much to learn myself. I hope every lady reaches their goal today

• Hugs

So here's the thing. A thank u email at the end of the month... if u resent that.. well i can't help you. And pming... if you dont seem like the social type i wont push it. If i dont get a response i wont do it again. I know not everyone likes it so obviously you read people. *shrug*

So here's the thing. A thank u email at the end of the month... if u resent that.. well i can't help you. And pming... if you dont seem like the social type i wont push it. If i dont get a response i wont do it again. I know not everyone likes it so obviously you read people. *shrug*

Also im not talking about sending a pm or email that's like "hey hows ur mom" after a once off visit. I send out an email usually at the end of the month that says "hey u were one of my tippers this month and i wanted to say thank u.. i had a great month and i hope to see u back some time! Here is a sexy pic to say thanks!" And pms... on a one time tipper... would be something like "hey just wanted to say thanks for your help on the count yesterday!" Or "hey thanks for buying that vid! Did it download ok?"

I am not suggesting you harass members... to be clear.

Just a little perspective, I've been camming for 9 months, it's only been in this last month that i regularly make more than 1000 tokens a night, and that's with my regulars. So It really does just take time and perserverance. I've almost quit some times, but then I stay, and end up making a new friend and some money. Keep your head up, it'll get better!

Thanks so much for all of the helpful replies I really appreciate all of them!

Unfortunately, I have discovered that a huge reason my traffic is down and tippers don't come back to my room is because there have been about a dozen models coming into my room as premiums and doing that "pm all your dudes" bullshit game. Several were saying they had better prices and several were straight up bashing me as a model based on who knows what. I am very upset by this, but I don't feel like I can do anything about it besides be grateful AF to the couple of guys that revealed this to me. I never would've known that's what was going on.

I guess I'm glad it's not anything that I am doing to hinder my success, it's the cut-throat bitches out there who want to make it as difficult as possible for me to retain any sort of audience.

When I'm not on cam, I ghost tf out of other models and TIP THEM for anything that I find interesting or helpful. I don't take any of their guys. I rarely jump into the chat and if I do, it's just to say hi to the girl and tell her how awesome I think she is doing. I am not a shady lady and I don't feel like hustling other girls out of their chances to be successful is "me" or who I am. Sadly, I have realized that not every new model is like that and I just have to hope that the guys worth my time will continue to stick around and be loyal and tell me who the bitch is so I can block her ass.

* Note: I am not going to retaliate or seek revenge on these girls. From what I understand, they are pretty new as well and probably haven't stumbled across this forum or the topic of Model to Model Etiquette yet. I hope they'll learn. This shit has to stop.

Thanks so much for all of the helpful replies I really appreciate all of them!

Unfortunately, I have discovered that a huge reason my traffic is down and tippers don't come back to my room is because there have been about a dozen models coming into my room as premiums and doing that "pm all your dudes" bullshit game. Several were saying they had better prices and several were straight up bashing me as a model based on who knows what. I am very upset by this, but I don't feel like I can do anything about it besides be grateful AF to the couple of guys that revealed this to me. I never would've known that's what was going on.

I guess I'm glad it's not anything that I am doing to hinder my success, it's the cut-throat bitches out there who want to make it as difficult as possible for me to retain any sort of audience.

When I'm not on cam, I ghost tf out of other models and TIP THEM for anything that I find interesting or helpful. I don't take any of their guys. I rarely jump into the chat and if I do, it's just to say hi to the girl and tell her how awesome I think she is doing. I am not a shady lady and I don't feel like hustling other girls out of their chances to be successful is "me" or who I am. Sadly, I have realized that not every new model is like that and I just have to hope that the guys worth my time will continue to stick around and be loyal and tell me who the bitch is so I can block her ass.

* Note: I am not going to retaliate or seek revenge on these girls. From what I understand, they are pretty new as well and probably haven't stumbled across this forum or the topic of Model to Model Etiquette yet. I hope they'll learn. This shit has to stop.
If you're on MFC, you can make it so models can't come into your room and do that. I couldn't tell you exactly where but it's somewhere in your settings.

^She said that it's models coming into her room from their premium accounts though. :/

Marina, when your guys tell you about these models PMing them, it would be nice if they sent you screenshots of the conversation, and you could get the models' names from there...then you can permanently ban them.

Thank you for all the helpful feedback. I have screenshots of the messages some of the guys got and have those girls blocked now so they won't be able to do it again. I'm going to be online tonight and hoping this will not happen again. I'm on this grind as much as I can muster the energy for working as hard as I can and I do not want some sleazy model ruining it for me.

I'm not sure if you're talking about not enough info on my profile here or my profile on MFC, but I just updated both and this is what people should be able to see...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171226-162317.png
    Screenshot_20171226-162317.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 17
I'm not sure if you're talking about not enough info on my profile here or my profile on MFC, but I just updated both and this is what people should be able to see...

I was talking about MFC :) Your new set up on there deffinately has a bit more personality than the basic green stuff, however you may wanna include some 'about me' type info too! Here.. i dont know that the profile matters too much but it doesnt hurt to have that fleshed out.

• Helpful!
I was talking about MFC :) Your new set up on there deffinately has a bit more personality than the basic green stuff, however you may wanna include some 'about me' type info too! Here.. i dont know that the profile matters too much but it doesnt hurt to have that fleshed out.

Thanks c: I'm just messing with it right now, but I'm planning on adding a few little cards of info a whenever I get the e!

Unfortunately I have no advice, but I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone. I’ve been camming for almost 7 months consistently now and until earlier this week I hadn’t made a show goal in months. I know it’s hard, but stay positive when you’re on because you never know when things might change

Status
Not open for further replies.