AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Troubles on cb today?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PandoraUnchained

Banhammered
Apr 12, 2020
All is in the topic - is there troubles today on CB? Got way less memebers then usual, and a lot complaining about freezing and low FPS while my OBS showing me that the stream was fine.

Also I noticed that my player is looking like in the attached image, instead of the usual one. Watched several models, it's seems that I'm the only one with it.

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-06_00-14-32.jpg
    photo_2021-02-06_00-14-32.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: EllaM
All is in the topic - is there troubles today on CB? Got way less memebers then usual, and a lot complaining about freezing and low FPS while my OBS showing me that the stream was fine.

Also I noticed that my player is looking like in the attached image, instead of the usual one. Watched several models, it's seems that I'm the only one with it.
The player you are referring to happens when the usual CB video player lags out. When it switches (from a member perspective) the sound drops completely, the framerate goes from Mr-Krabs-on-Ketamine to Mr-Krabs-overdosed-and-dying, and the layout changes a bit. I've seen it jump back to normal a couple times, but in almost all cases, you have to refresh the page. I pay way too much for stupidly fast internet-- I'm pretty sure it's CB servers, not your personal connection in most cases. Note that it only affects people on an individual basis, hence you won't see it for other models. If you lagged out in their room though, it would switch for you, albeit only you would see the change if you are the only one that lagged out.

I'd recommend telling your members to refresh if they get that. Some CB days are bad like that. There was a post that @punker barbie mentioned CB doing some dev work for upcoming features (e.g. offline messaging). From what I can tell, CB usually seems to do their releases or development around 4-6 ET, so the site speed gets impacted. This could be another case of that. If it follows the past trends, it'll resolve itself in an hour or so.

Upvote 0
Yup, thanks for the insight. I got a lot of members that complained about others models room being laggy too, and a couple couldn't login to their accounts. So I guess there was som big dev work on CB side. Through that would be nice to warn models about upcoming troubles as I had beaten my worst stream record, tokenwise, today.

Didn't knew about the new messenger, that's a nice addition.

Upvote 0
Here was the thread:

Our apologies for any inconvenience. We had hoped to avoid any service interruptions which had occurred as we enhanced our platform to prepare for a rollout of various new upcoming system features including offline messaging. We’re endeavoring to complete these enhancements in smaller increments to further minimize any further interruptions.

But I do agree-- I wish there was a bit better communication on it. Granted, that could have significant business impacts since it's a 24/7 site, so maybe they're trying to minimize that? Who knows...

Upvote 0

Change OBS servers when that happens

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.