AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trying to Shake it Off

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2020
www.onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@ItsEllaOnline
Chaturbate Username
EllaOnline
Hi All!

I did A LOT of research and put in A LOT of preparation before my first stream last night (YAY!). I probably put in a full month of work planing and brainstorming before I logged on. While it wasn't as successful as I had hoped it would be and it was pretty slow, I had fun at points and did meet a few nice people who made the night pleasant for the most part. I stupidly thought because I had done so much prep I wouldn't get duped, but obviously I'm more naive than I thought. I let one guy push my limits in PM and pretty much almost let him scam me. It tanked my mood for the night, and I logged off on a bad note. I woke up feeling like shit emotionally, like maybe I'm not cut out for this.

My game plan was to stream every day for 12 days, have games, and work up to a special show on the 12th day. I was super excited, but now I'm all of the bad emotions and drained of my motivation.

I know there will be bad days, slow days, and shitty people. I know this won't even be close to being the last time someone tries to take advantage of my naivety.

What are some things you guys do to stay pumped, keep up with self care, and take care of your mental health?

Try to view all things that don’t go your way as an opportunity to learn from it. I remember the first time I got scammed out of a private. I foolishly let a “regular” get a private show before paying, and they just ghosted me. I was pretty upset, but since then, I have saved myself a lot of future stress and heartache letting people know I want payment up front and tell them of my experience. So far, no more negative experiences.

Like you said, there will be bad days, and I understand how difficult it is to get “over” those negative feelings, but try to be kind to yourself and not judge yourself off those days. Imagine if your friend had a slow day, it isn’t really a reflection of who they are, and a few bad days certainly doesn’t mean they aren’t cut out for camming. Treat yourself as you would treat a friend in your position, and keep on pushing.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear someone did that to you but it definitely does not mean you are not cut out for cam!

I also did a lot of planning and prep before my first time camming and was still completely overwhelmed my first time. Even months later I still have days where I come away from cam thinking "I should have/should not have done x" but all I can do . is try to learn and grow from it.

I try to stay pumped with my fav music. It may be repetitive for some of my regs but if I am energetic and having more fun than so is everyone else. Taking a bunch of cute selfies before cam helps me too. I also keep something like a stuffed animal or soft fabric around in case I get anxious and I can like...pet stuff to calm me down. If needed, I take a water or bathroom break and give myself a couple of minutes to step away and give myself a pep talk. Don't feel bad about needing to take a day off cam if you really need to. Your mental health is important and your member would rather you be happy and healthy than push yourself too far.

Your game plans sounds solid. It's good to be consistent. God luck! You got can do this! :h:

I know you're new and finding your way, but one of the most important things to learn how to do in the beginning is to say NO whenever something doesn't feel right or sound right. You are new, and you are a target, and there are a LOT of scumbags out there just trolling the new people to try to take advantage. It was very hard for me to learn; I am a people pleaser. It took me a while, but now the word NO rolls off my tongue on a daily basis on cam. If you show your room that you are in charge, you will have less people attempting stuff like that. Even if you feel awkward or whatever, put up a stronger front. I have seen models with the 'new' tag whose nervousness is just so obvious (understandably) that the predators pounce. And it's tough to watch. I know it's hard when things are slow, but try not to PM anyone who isn't tipping.
All of your feelings are pretty normal for being new. I think it's tough sometimes, to watch and study a site and think that you'll take right off and be on the first page and things will be awesome immediately, but that is not the norm. And that doesn't mean that you're not hot, or that you're doing anything wrong. This biz takes a lot of work and time and patience. Not to sound super shallow, but sometimes I will see someone on the first page with thousands in her room and think 'geez, what does she have that I don't?!' She has probably been working her ass off, building her following for years. I don't have a huge following, I'm by no means one of the top models, but I make enough NOT to have to work for someone else, and that's all I need! Good luck and hang in there!

Unfortunately, a lot of people will try to take advantage of your new status. Some of them are very clever and sneaky and can be able to fool even a experienced camgirl. Don't be too hard on yourself, that's a lesson learnt and a mistake you won't make again.

With time, you will learn to spot the scammers the minute they enter your room, don't worry ;)

Lots of hugs and don't let these idiots let you down!

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
I researched this industry for 4 years before I logged on the first time, and I still feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. My first night was super overwhelming and also very slow, but I feel like I learned a lot in those couple hours. I’m still VERY new but I think there are a lot of things you can only learn in this industry by doing. ❤️👍🏻

Reactions: princesspeaches666
Status
Not open for further replies.