AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

trying to work on mfc

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2013
Hello everyone!
My story with MFC was a short one unfortunately.I've created an account 1 year ago.However i never worked on it at that time but i decided to resume working on it 2 months ago or so...Made profi pics,sexy outfits,enthusiasm,spent some time creating my profile so it looks cute and not boring and of course...logged in :-D . I did tease,smile non stop,do my best...i did not set any goal or show any nudity though.I had a few members but not very willing to talk to me more than a few compliments and leave after.2 guys even tipped me but very low.i also had members with high points.no talk.they just stood there saying nothing for 2 or 3 hours.After this period of time(about 2-3 hours) my camscore dropped from 1000 to 723.traffic dropped as well.Logged in second night.A few members.No tips...camscore dropped at 500.I did close that account and created a new one...still full of hope and with enthusiasm.Same story again...my camscore dropped in just 2 hours at 700 something...Now they don't allow me to create any new account threaten me that they will close everything i have(probably ban me forever...cause i've already closed the 2 accounts i had so they don't actually have what to close),i don't know what to do so they let me have a new chance.I know models with 6 or 7 accounts before they were successful.I really want to work but how in hell can i work if they take from my already tiny camscore every time i breathe? Any tip of how to create a new account and/or how to increase a little my popularity will help me a lot.MFC frustrates me big time.

Reactions: SexySteph
You have to make tokens to raise or maintain your camscore. You've got to have some sort of incentive to get people to tip or take you to private or group, or your camscore will continue to go down.

Keep in mind that not everyone is cut out for this job. If you find yourself failing time after time with no idea how to do better, this may not be for you.

Sorry to butt in but are there some rare cases or often cases where a girl seems to be good enough or just like some of the top models but still fails to be able to get a regular client list or make a living? I have some fear of not being cut out for the job even though I feel I could burst of personality, smile, tempt tease, and all the above. Wildyellow, I hope the best for you, I really do!

Bunnygyaru said:
Sorry to butt in but are there some rare cases or often cases where a girl seems to be good enough or just like some of the top models but still fails to be able to get a regular client list or make a living? I have some fear of not being cut out for the job even though I feel I could burst of personality, smile, tempt tease, and all the above. Wildyellow, I hope the best for you, I really do!

'Good enough' seems subjective. There are a lot of beautiful woman on mfc who never really make top scores or money. At first glance it seems scary to think that. But I tend to think of the ones who are less successful (in the long run mind you) are the ones who didn't do research beforehand, have never really learned from their mistakes and applied that learning to the job. Because ultimately this is a job first and foremost. The models that rely solely on sitting there and looking pretty for the tips to just come rolling in are 'usually' disappointed; exceptions to every rule do apply of course.

As a general rule the ones that do well read up on it, join the forum here [and get model status to get all the info about Strategic Pillow Fights in the models only section], get good equipment right off the bat, and have a strategy planned out to maximize their time on cam. That can include extravagant games and raffles, picture sets, videos for sale, or even simple things like preparing things to discuss to make chat more lively and welcoming.

In my opinion half the battle of being successful long term is being able to talk with people. If you can chat and go with the flow on a wide variety of subjects, that helps keep people in your room. They may not all be able to tip right away, or every day, but when they do have money and tokens they generally spend them fast and on whoever they happen to be visiting that day. If they are always in your room chatting because you've made it an environment they want to hang out in, well then, you'll be getting their tokens.

wild_yellow said:
Hello everyone!
My story with MFC was a short one unfortunately.I've created an account 1 year ago.However i never worked on it at that time but i decided to resume working on it 2 months ago or so...Made profi pics,sexy outfits,enthusiasm,spent some time creating my profile so it looks cute and not boring and of course...logged in :-D . I did tease,smile non stop,do my best...i did not set any goal or show any nudity though.I had a few members but not very willing to talk to me more than a few compliments and leave after.2 guys even tipped me but very low.i also had members with high points.no talk.they just stood there saying nothing for 2 or 3 hours.After this period of time(about 2-3 hours) my camscore dropped from 1000 to 723.traffic dropped as well.Logged in second night.A few members.No tips...camscore dropped at 500.I did close that account and created a new one...still full of hope and with enthusiasm.Same story again...my camscore dropped in just 2 hours at 700 something...Now they don't allow me to create any new account threaten me that they will close everything i have(probably ban me forever...cause i've already closed the 2 accounts i had so they don't actually have what to close),i don't know what to do so they let me have a new chance.I know models with 6 or 7 accounts before they were successful.I really want to work but how in hell can i work if they take from my already tiny camscore every time i breathe? Any tip of how to create a new account and/or how to increase a little my popularity will help me a lot.MFC frustrates me big time.

If you are a new model and you do not have a goal, what reason are you giving the members to tip you? Because they like you? They don't know you yet.

JerryBoBerry said:
Bunnygyaru said:

'Good enough' seems subjective. There are a lot of beautiful woman on mfc who never really make top scores or money. At first glance it seems scary to think that. But I tend to think of the ones who are less successful (in the long run mind you) are the ones who didn't do research beforehand, have never really learned from their mistakes and applied that learning to the job. Because ultimately this is a job first and foremost. The models that rely solely on sitting there and looking pretty for the tips to just come rolling in are 'usually' disappointed; exceptions to every rule do apply of course.

As a general rule the ones that do well read up on it, join the forum here [and get model status to get all the info about Strategic Pillow Fights in the models only section], get good equipment right off the bat, and have a strategy planned out to maximize their time on cam. That can include extravagant games and raffles, picture sets, videos for sale, or even simple things like preparing things to discuss to make chat more lively and welcoming.

In my opinion half the battle of being successful long term is being able to talk with people. If you can chat and go with the flow on a wide variety of subjects, that helps keep people in your room. They may not all be able to tip right away, or every day, but when they do have money and tokens they generally spend them fast and on whoever they happen to be visiting that day. If they are always in your room chatting because you've made it an environment they want to hang out in, well then, you'll be getting their tokens.

That makes me feel a bit better about it then, I'm definitely doing my "study" and writing some supplies down to get when the time comes if it does. I feel like a sim in the sims game practice charisma in front of the mirror, LOL.

Thank you for replies both of you :)
I am a camgirl for some time.On any other site if you look good,speak decent english and work on a daily basis you finally succeed to make it to the first rows of the first page.On MFC i just find it kinda impossible for the new models...unless you bring in some clientele to support you.They want big cash super fast.Now really...when the first rows of MFC have 2000-3000 customers in their rooms how in the hell of the world would those customers visit me...a new model..at the bottom of the page and tip me big in my first 2 hours so they don't drop my camscore from 1000 to 700 ?!Of course some visit new models but are they really going to spend any cash on them...unlikely i think...they just browse through rooms looking for new faces and move on.This is what i think...i may be totally wrong.please don't be too harsh on me gurls :? I may not be cut off for this job but i think i have what to offer.Of course i'm extremely puzzled when i have a room with 6-7 members that really don't want to engage in chatting to me....they just throw some compliments from time to time...should i ask them about weather or what kind of jobs they have?! :-D Anyway i could try to bring some clients to MFC.Hopefully they could help me get more exposure.But i want a new account.Do i have to wait some time until i apply again?They keep refusing me:(((

What i think i did wrong and what i would do different now:
-set a topic....try with some cheap flashes at first or some cheaper shows.it is true...they don't know me so they cannot tip just because they like me or they like what i do.
-last time i had some microphone issues for some reason.After a while a customer told me that there is an annoying buzz going on.Maybe some customers left because of that.I'll try to ask a friend of mine to come on site and see if everything is good
-try to bring in some of my customers from other sites...though its going to be hard...since i'm afraid to do it cause they might close my accounts permanently and if i screw it up again with MFC i will have no other place to work.
-do research about MFC.I admit i haven't done any research about MFC.I only log in on there when my favorite model logs in and i watch her and try to learn from what she is doing.I also watched some models from the first row with 5000 tokens goal for naked and stay there being pretty and wait for the tokens to roll in..and they did roll in :-D good for them!
-make time to read this forum

the crux of the problem is that MFC is not like other camsites. other camsites reward you for trying, MFC only rewards those who make money. So, you have to put in everything to make sure you make enough money on MFC. Yes, it can be very harsh on new models. Yes, the fact that they don't give you a redo makes it even more difficult. No, it's not impossible to raise your camscore after it falling to 500. But it will take a lot of time and effort.

If you can't hack MFC, try a different camsite is about the only thing I can offer.

However, it looks like you have a good handle on knowing what you did wrong, and know what to do in order to fix it. So, good luck!

Biggest thing to keep in mind is that you're running your own business as a webcammodel. So what makes buisnesses succeed will help you in succeeding. your product is yourself, and your shows, so those are the things you need to be able to talk up and sell to people. HOW you sell it to them is as varied as the numerous ways companies do their advertisements.

This was asked in the Ask-a-Model section and I am not a model but as a member I will add this. Some patience is needed. There are thousands of models on MFC and some time is needed for members who will become your Fans/Regulars/Friends to discover you. I know of one model who's cam score had gotten as low as the 300 area and has now moved it back to around 1500 and rising. Not first page status stuff yet but moving in that direction and getting more regular tippers as time goes on. Just the other day I saw someone (not me) drop a 11,000 token tip in her room. It can get better if you stick to it. :twocents-02cents:

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberHoney
wild_yellow said:
-try to bring in some of my customers from other sites...though its going to be hard...since i'm afraid to do it cause they might close my accounts permanently and if i screw it up again with MFC i will have no other place to work.

Wait, I'm confused. You've cammed on other sites, but if MFC doesn't work, you won't have any other place to work? Is there just no traffic on the other sites you're on?

MFC is highly competitive and can be super difficult as a new model. I don't know if you've looked into it, but maybe consider Clips4Sale (for selling content) or Streamate (for live camming.)

Personally, I did okay on MFC, but I couldn't handle the inconsistent nights. I've moved to Streamate, and easily make daily what I'd make on a "great MFC day."

Just saying, you have other options! :) Chin up.

Hey if you need help you're on the right site (ACF). It can happen, going from a 436 Camscore to now 2400 ish, I can tell you first hand ;) it's hard! But it's definitely doable :D!!! It's hard for members to tip if you don't have a goal or "reward" for them to tip towards. Put a goal in your topic, or at least make sure you advertise that you're open for group/private on your topic. If they go into a boring room with no advertised "point" they're going to leave pretty quickly. Make things exciting, get some costumes or themes to go with your profile... And yeah, MFC is not for everybody, but at least try a bit more :D you can get there, I did!!!

As others have said, raising your camscore is doable, you just have to have *something* to offer, and be entertaining enough to grab someone's attention if they flip through/past/into your room for a moment.

The first 10 hours as a new model are vital. It's when you have the "new model" tag and show up in this filter, after that, it's harder to get attention. But building a following on Twitter, chatting with people you already know from other sites, advertising to them/Twitter when you'll be on cam... it can all help get people in your room.

As far as getting a new account? It's possible, but unlikely. They're already on to you. Unless you've got a few different legal versions of an ID and use a new email address, they're going to flag you as a duplicate and not allow a new one.

I also wonder why you're trying to "make it work on MFC" if you're already on other sites? If it isn't working for you because it's too competitive and too social oriented, obviously sticking to sites that focus on private and other paid transactions will be more profitable for you. Don't burn bridges at your other sites until you know you can make it on MFC.

Sprinkles26 said:
wild_yellow said:

Wait, I'm confused. You've cammed on other sites, but if MFC doesn't work, you won't have any other place to work? Is there just no traffic on the other sites you're on?

MFC is highly competitive and can be super difficult as a new model. I don't know if you've looked into it, but maybe consider Clips4Sale (for selling content) or Streamate (for live camming.)

Personally, I did okay on MFC, but I couldn't handle the inconsistent nights. I've moved to Streamate, and easily make daily what I'd make on a "great MFC day."

No.I still cam on other sites.What i wanted to say is that if i try to bring customers from other sites to MFC in an attempt to raise my camscore it is risky since the rest of websites don't allow you to give your email to customers.So i risk they close my accounts if i try this and if they close me permanently then i will have no place to work.

Thank you everyone for your replies!
-I tried to register with different email address but always using my id.I don't have other copies of it:( I don't understand one thing.I ve seen models with 5,6,7 accounts before.So now they don't allow this anymore?I wonder what they did to open new accounts.I am considering getting a new passport(my actual one is expired) and try using that one and a brand new email address:) However they still have my name.If this doesn t work either than i m going back to my old one(now 436).You've gave me some hope.i though that once you hit 400 there is no way to raise it to more than 1000 and in the end still collapse.
-I did advertise the fact that i accept privates.I was friendly and talk also(even if i'm not very confortable with speaking instead of typing) and i had a few folks talking back to me and have a little chat but they were also new to the site and with low points.Those with high points...i've told you.no "hi" or anything...just stood there for the entire time i was online.It' s so hard to continue to smile and have a good mood when you have an empty room or noone wants to talk:(
-Why i insist with MFC?Well on other sites it takes longer time to make enough money to buy for example an apartment...it can take years.5 years ago i was on Streamate...i remember how easy it was those days for me to make privates....and i did less than i do today.Just stay with my face in the camera,wear a ordinary t-shirt and smile.No need to convince them to anything.I had to take a break of 5 years cause of personal issues and now i returned again to camming...but things are so very different now.Men are a lot less respectful towards models.Just want it very cheap and easy and naked for free if possible.
I admire those non-nude models who make fortune on MFC.I admire any model who work hard and is smart enough to not sell herself for free.I wish our customers respect us more cause it's not such an easy job to entertain people as they might think.

Reactions: LadyLuna
wild_yellow said:
Thank you everyone for your replies!
-I tried to register with different email address but always using my id.I don't have other copies of it:( I don't understand one thing.I ve seen models with 5,6,7 accounts before.So now they don't allow this anymore?I wonder what they did to open new accounts.I am considering getting a new passport(my actual one is expired) and try using that one and a brand new email address:) However they still have my name.If this doesn t work either than i m going back to my old one(now 436).You've gave me some hope.i though that once you hit 400 there is no way to raise it to more than 1000 and in the end still collapse.
-I did advertise the fact that i accept privates.I was friendly and talk also(even if i'm not very confortable with speaking instead of typing) and i had a few folks talking back to me and have a little chat but they were also new to the site and with low points.Those with high points...i've told you.no "hi" or anything...just stood there for the entire time i was online.It' s so hard to continue to smile and have a good mood when you have an empty room or noone wants to talk:(
-Why i insist with MFC?Well on other sites it takes longer time to make enough money to buy for example an apartment...it can take years.5 years ago i was on Streamate...i remember how easy it was those days for me to make privates....and i did less than i do today.Just stay with my face in the camera,wear a ordinary t-shirt and smile.No need to convince them to anything.I had to take a break of 5 years cause of personal issues and now i returned again to camming...but things are so very different now.Men are a lot less respectful towards models.Just want it very cheap and easy and naked for free if possible.
I admire those non-nude models who make fortune on MFC.I admire any model who work hard and is smart enough to not sell herself for free.I wish our customers respect us more cause it's not such an easy job to entertain people as they might think.

You should read about MFC. Stripperweb has a really long thread with lots of info, and that's where I started before I found this forum.

Even if they let you register a new name, they will catch up to you. I ran into that problem when I registered with a studio that paid me daily. MFC made me leave the "studio" and go back to my old account, because I guess they assumed I did it to get a better camscore (in reality, I was down to about 503!!!). I lost all of my regulars, but decided to start fresh and even change my name, make content, etc.

I can't sell content to save my life but it's fun to make, I suppose. It works for almost everyone else, try that!

I really recommend just working on your camscore by trying some of the things you mentioned, rather than continuing to open up accounts after your camscore takes a nosedive. The past 2 weeks on MFC have been rough, tech-wise, so maybe now is not the time to get your start. Try different times of day, maybe?

I do not have a high camscore, but It's up to 1239 now...took about a month and a half to move up from around 600. It looks like the highest number in the world to me now. Strangely, raising my camscore has meant taking a paycut, because of spending less time in chat/focusing on taking tokens for Skype shows. I'm getting to the point where I feel like I can just cam normally again soon because I have a feeling better placement will change things for me. You'll get there, if you follow the rules and do research.

wild_yellow said:
Sprinkles26 said:
wild_yellow said:

No.I still cam on other sites.What i wanted to say is that if i try to bring customers from other sites to MFC in an attempt to raise my camscore it is risky since the rest of websites don't allow you to give your email to customers.So i risk they close my accounts if i try this and if they close me permanently then i will have no place to work.

I know how you feel - some days I want to pull my hair out! Have you opened a twitter account or a Tumblr blog? I scanned through the above comments and I didnt see you mention Twitter or Tumblr. Instead of giving out your email, would it be ok on the other sites to give out your Twitter or Tumblr URL to gain new followers? Then you can post on Twitter to get people over to MFC....or Use Tumblr and blog about different stuff and get people over to MFC....just a thought.

Reactions: emptiedglass
This is not meant to be harsh or attack you but....

- stop trying to get new accounts. Chances are nothing will change.

- the top girls that do well didnt start like that. They invest money and time in their shows and try to stay positive even when things are slow.

- no matter the size of the room some guys just don't want to talk. Respect that and try to entertain the ones that do. You will have to start doing things that people will want to talk to you. Once I was camming at a time when only one regular was online, but I still had 300 ppl in my room and no one was talking for an hour. I wasn't a new model but guys take a while to warm up to you. Once they did a lot of them became regulars.

- have a structure in your room. When you give them a challenge people are more likely to tip. (Do countdowns, play games...)

- I know you mentioned smth about non nudes here. Learn how to tease! This will help you no matter what style you have on mfc.

-don't expect to get rich over night here. You mentioned something about buying an apartment. Well even top girls can't buy that in a year worth of work. Set your goals and be realistic.

- I was a silent model when I started. But once I started talking I got way more people talking to me. People like to hear your voice, they like to hear you laugh and move around. Don't just get glued to your computer and wait there looking pretty. Pretty is overrated!

- last but not least... Do not message people in pm before they tip you or even talk to you in the room. I've seen so many models go down because they focus too much on Pms. If I was a new guy I would assume she wasn't interested and I would leave her room. If I was the guy getting the pm, I wold assume she was desperate and I would get annoyed.

- people like girls that have confidence.

Most other sites that won't let you give out contact info, will let you give out a twitter. So here's what you do:

have a blog or website that has links to all your camsites. (I use blogspot, but I recently aqcuired a website)
have a twitter that has a link just to your blog/website.

give guys the twitter and say "you don't have to follow me, but that can help you know when I'm online!"

On streamate, I say outloud that it's my twitter account and then just put in chat the twitter name without the @. I have never been warned for doing this. The smart guys will go to your twitter, see the link to the blog/website, and find the links to your other sites. These are generally the guys who will either be talkative or the guys who will spend money on you. Or both. But at the very least, you'll now have some conversation going.

wild_yellow said:

It will generally take at least a few years working any job to be able to afford to buy an apartment. Those things don't come cheap :)

I think the main reason for camming being a harder job now than it was perhaps five years ago, is the increased number of women making it their full-time job. The more cam girls there are, the more competition there is; the more competition there is, the harder models have to work to separate themselves from every other model and convince members to spend their tokens on them before they tip anyone else.

I guess the key is to give members a reason to tip you. While sitting there looking pretty might have been enough to get you by five years ago, I get the impression that's no longer the case.

mynameisbob84 said:
wild_yellow said:

It will generally take at least a few years working any job to be able to afford to buy an apartment. Those things don't come cheap :)

I think the main reason for camming being a harder job now than it was perhaps five years ago, is the increased number of women making it their full-time job. The more cam girls there are, the more competition there is; the more competition there is, the harder models have to work to separate themselves from every other model and convince members to spend their tokens on them before they tip anyone else.

I guess the key is to give members a reason to tip you. While sitting there looking pretty might have been enough to get you by five years ago, I get the impression that's no longer the case.
I definitely agree that it's a different game getting into camming now vs. about 4 years ago. I don't think I'd be as successful now if I was just starting out. Back when I started MFC, there was only a fraction of the amount of models on the site, and cam sites were not such a common knowledge among the adult industry. It's HUGE now!

Status
Not open for further replies.