AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turn of tip bell?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2021
USA
MFC Username
Stoneydog
Does anyone know how to turn off the bell that rings when a tip is made?

ive heard models mention they can do it but I can’t find the option in the settings. I was hoping someone here knew a trick. I’m sure the option exists and I’m just not seeing it. That sound ringing out late at night is really annoying.

Solution
I ended up emailing mfc Easter Sunday at 1:52. At 5:00 someone emailed back.

“”””””Unfortunately, it is not possible to mute the model's tip sound from her room.

You can mute the sound for your own tips by using the silent tip chat command (-s).

For more information on tip chat commands, please click on the link below:
https://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Chat_Commands#Tip_Chat_Commands

Thanks,
GG””””””””””

Turning my own tip noise off is done through typing code into the chat box and I think would need done each time. So just easier to turn down the volume for a few seconds after I tip
Does anyone know how to turn off the bell that rings when a tip is made?

ive heard models mention they can do it but I can’t find the option in the settings. I was hoping someone here knew a trick. I’m sure the option exists and I’m just not seeing it. That sound ringing out late at night is really annoying.

Yes, the MFC tip sound is very annoying. Especially when it's late at night and someone is giving me 1-token tips ten times. Lol. I have to turn down my volume.

In the model web broadcaster, click on the 'Options' button at the button. When the "Options and settings' box appears, click 'Sound'. Where it says "Make noise when a tip is received," UNcheck the box. Then click 'Save'.

tip sound.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes, the MFC tip sound is very annoying. Especially when it's late at night and someone is giving me 1-token tips ten times. Lol. I have to turn down my volume.

In the model web broadcaster, click on the 'Options' button at the button. When the "Options and settings' box appears, click 'Sound'. Where it says "Make noise when a tip is received," UNcheck the box. Then click 'Save'.

View attachment 87769

yeah, that’s the screen I’m looking for but I don’t think members have that option.

it’s especially annoying when it’s someone else’s random tip that rings out twice as loud. Or if it’s a lot of lush tipping and instead of the model all you hear is ringing

Upvote 0
yeah, that’s the screen I’m looking for but I don’t think members have that option.

it’s especially annoying when it’s someone else’s random tip that rings out twice as loud. Or if it’s a lot of lush tipping and instead of the model all you hear is ringing
If you are hearing it through the performer's stream, you won't be able to do anything to disable it on your end...

Upvote 0
I think it rings through the user side if you are in a room and someone public tips.

doesn’t really matter where it’s coming from I’d prefer it didn’t. I don’t really need to know mikesbigcock tipped 1 token 5 times

Upvote 0
I ended up emailing mfc Easter Sunday at 1:52. At 5:00 someone emailed back.

“”””””Unfortunately, it is not possible to mute the model's tip sound from her room.

You can mute the sound for your own tips by using the silent tip chat command (-s).

For more information on tip chat commands, please click on the link below:
https://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Chat_Commands#Tip_Chat_Commands

Thanks,
GG””””””””””

Turning my own tip noise off is done through typing code into the chat box and I think would need done each time. So just easier to turn down the volume for a few seconds after I tip

Reactions: plutoprincess69
Upvote 0
Solution

Oh, I thought you were asking because you wanted to help your model friend figure it out.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
Right and then
I think it rings through the user side if you are in a room and someone public tips.

doesn’t really matter where it’s coming from I’d prefer it didn’t. I don’t really need to know mikesbigcock tipped 1 token 5 times
I thought we were talking about other members tipping. This has been a confusing thread but I'm glad you got there eventually, OP.

Upvote 0
I’m talking about everyone’s tipping. I could do without the ringing

No ringing!!! Blasphemy!!!

Surely everyone lurves the tip sound? Have you never spent the last night of a month in a top 5 model's room? It's like the 1812 overture of tip sounds! A gorgeous cacophony of symphonic cash register deliciousness . Make it rain boys!!! KERCHINNNNNNNGGG!!! :haha::haha::haha:

:rock::rock::rock:

Upvote 0
I like the tip sound on ManyVids Live! But the MyFreeCams tip sound damn near gives me a heart attack. Lol. But I don’t mute it because I have a feeling some tipping members find it satisfying seeing the tip alert on screen + HEARING it...knowing that they did that.

But when they do that ‘ 1-token tip ten times in a row’ crap (Instead of just tipping me the 10 tokens once), I’m turning down the volume until they’re done.

I realized I pretty much repeated myself (from my earlier post) in this thread. Lol. Sorry.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Upvote 0
Another thing I’ve recently put together is how much the models set up effects how loudly the 2nd hand bell rings.

I can’t quite put my finger on all the variables, but depending on what kind of microphone setup is being used it really blasts the tip noise back through the speakers.

Working Hypothesis: high end yeti type setups don’t pick up the 2nd hand tip notifications as much. models broadcasting using built in microphones blast it back through.

I’ve not collected data to prove this.... because there’s nothing I can do about it now that I know its not “mfc deliberately alerting me to another members tip” 😉

Upvote 0
Another thing I’ve recently put together is how much the models set up effects how loudly the 2nd hand bell rings.

I can’t quite put my finger on all the variables, but depending on what kind of microphone setup is being used it really blasts the tip noise back through the speakers.

Working Hypothesis: high end yeti type setups don’t pick up the 2nd hand tip notifications as much. models broadcasting using built in microphones blast it back through.

I’ve not collected data to prove this.... because there’s nothing I can do about it now that I know its not “mfc deliberately alerting me to another members tip” 😉
You pretty much have it. It's especially bad when a model is using a laptop, with no external speakers, and their webcam set atop the laptop screen.

Those of us that have external speakers, and microphone with cardioid input setup are the least likely offenders of blaring tip sounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You pretty much have it. It's especially bad when a model is using a laptop, with no external speakers, and their webcam set atop the laptop screen.

Those of us that have external speakers, and microphone with cardioid input setup are the least likely offenders of blaring tip sounds.

the other audio thing I keep trying to isolate and figure out is it seems like some models are piping their Spotify directly into their feeds signal. Most are just playing music and it’s getting picked up as ambient. But man, some are so clear and perfectly balanced with their voice volume they have to be using a mixer.

website full of naked woman and these are the questions my mind ponders late at night...... and how I came to your website seeking these answers

Upvote 0
the other audio thing I keep trying to isolate and figure out is it seems like some models are piping their Spotify directly into their feeds signal. Most are just playing music and it’s getting picked up as ambient. But man, some are so clear and perfectly balanced with their voice volume they have to be using a mixer.

website full of naked woman and these are the questions my mind ponders late at night...... and how I came to your website seeking these answers
Yep we can steam our music right into OBS if we want to.

Upvote 0
I’m pretty sure someone at mfc turned off my ringer because it doesn’t ring anymore. It took me sometime to notice because I was still turning the Volume down. Then I noticed the ringing had stopped and became paranoid. I never typed in the code. I never found a setting. I don’t think the person who responded to my email did anything.

I think someone read it here and helped me out.

thank you.

Upvote 0
I’m pretty sure someone at mfc turned off my ringer because it doesn’t ring anymore. It took me sometime to notice because I was still turning the Volume down. Then I noticed the ringing had stopped and became paranoid. I never typed in the code. I never found a setting. I don’t think the person who responded to my email did anything.

I think someone read it here and helped me out.

thank you.
Nobody did anything. Either the model(s) you watch turned down/off her tip sound, or you've muted the stream or your computer/device.

Upvote 0
It’s been the same result in different rooms. I’m just hearing the secondary coming through the model at this point. As far as i can tell the most effective thing I’ve done is voice my issue here. So just kind of thanking the void I yelled into.

Upvote 0
I’m just hearing the secondary coming through the model at this point.
That's all it ever is. You only hear the MFC tip noise through the model's microphone, or if she has her computer sounds pumped directly into OBS which broadcasts to you.

It has absolutely ZERO to do with saying anything here.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.