AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TV Shows that ended to soon VS Shows that should of ended sooner

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElaySmith

Cam Model
Dec 20, 2010
www.elaysmith.com
Twitter Username
@ElaySmith
Streamate Username
TheElaySmith
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/10982/Elay-Smith/
Title pretty much says it all. There are plenty of tv shows out there that needed a little more time to finish up the storyline better and there are probably even more that should of ended sooner. Curious to see what everyone comes up with.

Dexter- Could go either way. The last season was pretty bad but the last few episodes were terrible. I hated the ending....should of stopped while they were ahead....but if the last few episodes never existed I could of watched a whole other season.

Grey's Anatomy- I LOVE Greys but they could of ended after season 10. Everything since then is just kinda meh. I only watch now bc Im invested in the characters but the early seasons are by far the best.

White Collar- Ended to soon for me. The last season is only like 6 episodes and it just feels rushed. I don't mind the ending but I think they could of taken more time to get there.

TWD should of ended already last years finale was awful although so was the entire season hopefully they end it on season 9

Reactions: ThyHeadLackethShoe
Shows that ended too soon: Firefly, and I am coming up blank for another.

Shows that should have ended sooner: anything that was a J.J. Abrams production. Both Alias and Lost final seasons were so unsatisfying. You shouldn’t be watching a shows final season and thinking “Well I watched the first five seasons I night’s as well watch the final one too”.

Reactions: ElaySmith
Sense8. Love that show and I'm so glad Netflix allowed the finale, but I wish they would have let it live. Firefly is another great show that should have been given a longer life.

The Walking Dead... does anyone still watch that show? I gave up on it a few season ago. A razor thin story line and there is only so long I can watch zombies being stabbed in the head. It got waaaay too monotonous.

Dexter- Could go either way. The last season was pretty bad but the last few episodes were terrible. I hated the ending....should of stopped while they were ahead....but if the last few episodes never existed I could of watched a whole other season.

SO I initially thought this; as an HUGE dexter fan I think the last season is actually pretty great MINUS deb dying I thought it was pretty genius that he was made to be ALONE and NOT kill which was his main identity. I do however hear so many people hating the ending. I LOVE Hannah and I wish they ended up together but I totally get WHY they did it.

I wish "Episodes" was longer!!!

Great topic @ElaySmith

I will start with I don't watch any show on Fox during it's first couple of seasons because they have burned me in the past with so many shows. But, the two that still bug me the most from them are Fastlane and The Chicago Code. I echo the comment about Sense8 being cancelled too soon, I'm milking the second season for this reason alone. A show that myself and my college roommate still quote to this day is Clerks the Animated Series - show probably would have got a better run in the post Family Guy world instead of in an era when the Simpson and King of the Hill just were a different type of awesome beast of animated adult television.

A couple of shows that I enjoyed that have ended solidly, but for my own selfish reason wish they were either still on or had longer runs are Fringe and Parks and Rec, and Grimm. A show that had a pretty good run that I enjoyed , but ended abruptly for my taste was CSI Miami it will always be my favorite of the bunch.

Shows that I enjoyed that just started to run too long are as follows. And piggybacking on Dexter I find that Showtime as a network has that problem with running shows into the ground. They did it with Dexter, Weeds, Nurse Jackie and while I still love it minus season 3 the problem is more than apparent with Homeland.

Entourage - I loved this show when it started, but the last half of the series is very hit or miss with me. Just the longer the show just got further away from what made it a fun watch.

Burn Notice - similar to Entourage the longer the series went the "darker the tone show" got and just kind of really took the fun out of the series for me.

Suits - Came out at a time I was heavily weighing my decision not to go to Law School and pursue a career in law. So the first couple of seasons of this show just hit all the right buttons for me. And I honestly had no interest in being a trial attorney, but this show was so fun. But, then the shoe dropped and I don't think I've watched the show since middle or end of Season 5.

My last contribution to this list is a show that would have arguably been my favorite show of all time but the last season just ruined it for me. That show is How I Met Your Mother. While I'm not as pretentious as Ted I related to and still do relate to his journey on the Show. I really can't go into specifics as it may be spoilers but yeah this show went a few seasons too long and then they closed it in a way that just crushed me. Crushed me in a way that it took me almost a year to even go back and watch some of my favorite episodes.

Dexter minus one season, so much better. TWD - do whatever, nobody watches it anyway, it's a DVR stuffer so you always have something to ignore. This way you don't get sucked in to the documentaries the TiVo selected for you since you're out of space with TWD. ;-)

Shows that ended way too early imo...

'Justified'

'Hell On Wheels' with the Chicago rapper 'Common.'

'Longhorn'

Since giving up cable, just got hooked on late night re-runs of "Castle" and wish that show ran longer, she was beautiful and seems like everyone had good chemistry along with some good light-hearted humor. Hard to imagine him in his new rookie police show but will give it a few episodes.

'Lost' ran way-way too long imo.

I hate to fucking say it....The Walking Dead should have ended or kept old writers or something.

It was probably my favorite show on Tv. But wtf happened after season 6?? Its just boring. Makes me wanna cry. Ill just stick to the comic I guess. And Andrew Lincoln is leaving this season. And so is lauren cohan. Its just gonna be lame as hell even more. Its really falling apart

Since giving up cable, just got hooked on late night re-runs of "Castle" and wish that show ran longer, she was beautiful and seems like everyone had good chemistry along with some good light-hearted humor.
Sadly Nate Fillion and Stana Katic actually hated each other off set. The producers tried couples counciling and everything, but it got to the point where they just refused to work with each other. And yes, Castle was a favorite of mine as well.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElaySmith
Here's a true VS situation.

In 2003, there was a monster of the week show with an overarching "the Devil's coming back to earth" plot, called Miracles. It starred Skeet Ulrich and Angus Macfayden as a duo of demon hunters. Every week, Ulrich would get his pretty face kicked in by demons. It was incredibly entertaining. 13 episodes were made, but only six episodes were broadcast. It was finally pre-empted by the invasion of Iraq, and never got to complete its initial run.

Two years later, in 2005, Supernatural hit the air on the (then) WB network. It was a monster of the week show, initially with an overarching "the Devil's coming back to earth" plot, featuring a pair of pretty boy demon hunters who regularly got their faces kicked in by spooky spirits. Supernatural was a runaway hit by WB (now CW) standards, and it's still on the air, now about to enter its 14th season. There are a lot of fans out there, myself included, who think it probably should've ended with the conclusion of the first major arc at season 5, which was quite honestly incredible and super satisfying. Every season from six onward has had a lot of good ideas, but executed in a way that comes off as half-baked or rushed, and often pandering. The quality of the writing has devolved to points where it plays out as poorly-written Wincest-er fanfic. I guess season 10 was the real low point, and things may have picked back up. There's a lot of defenders talking about how "it's gotten better", but I wouldn't know about that. The shit show that is season 10 broke me, and I haven't gone back for more.

So, that's the story of two very similar shows, made around the same time, one of which was never given even the chance to gain traction, and one of which has lasted almost ten seasons too long. I should break out my Supernatural dvds, and give those first five seasons a good binge. Better yet, I should dig up my VHS tape with Miracles on it, digitize it, and upload that shit to Youtube.

Ended too soon:
The Good Guys cheese, slightly inappropriate cop show from 2010
the american make of Rake with Greg Kinnear mostly because I like seeing his face
Twin Peaks not sure it really was too short, but I miss the remake and in these weird times we need David Lynch and a reason to eat donuts and coffee and pie

Too soon: Honestly I would have loves to see Craig Ferguson stay on at The Late Late Show for just one more season and just go all out punk rock and make the last season as weird as possible on the way out the door.

Too long: So so many... but Jersey Shore comes to mind. Anything with the Kardashians.

Reactions: MDouble00
To soon: freaks and geeks, my so called life
Not soon enough: Orange is the new black, mad men

Too soon: My So Called Life, Firefly, Jericho, Justified
Not soon enough: The Walking Dead, Homeland, 24, Big Bang Theory.

Reactions: Lua Moon
Here's a true VS situation.

In 2003, there was a monster of the week show with an overarching "the Devil's coming back to earth" plot, called Miracles. It starred Skeet Ulrich and Angus Macfayden as a duo of demon hunters. Every week, Ulrich would get his pretty face kicked in by demons. It was incredibly entertaining. 13 episodes were made, but only six episodes were broadcast. It was finally pre-empted by the invasion of Iraq, and never got to complete its initial run.

Two years later, in 2005, Supernatural hit the air on the (then) WB network. It was a monster of the week show, initially with an overarching "the Devil's coming back to earth" plot, featuring a pair of pretty boy demon hunters who regularly got their faces kicked in by spooky spirits. Supernatural was a runaway hit by WB (now CW) standards, and it's still on the air, now about to enter its 14th season. There are a lot of fans out there, myself included, who think it probably should've ended with the conclusion of the first major arc at season 5, which was quite honestly incredible and super satisfying. Every season from six onward has had a lot of good ideas, but executed in a way that comes off as half-baked or rushed, and often pandering. The quality of the writing has devolved to points where it plays out as poorly-written Wincest-er fanfic. I guess season 10 was the real low point, and things may have picked back up. There's a lot of defenders talking about how "it's gotten better", but I wouldn't know about that. The shit show that is season 10 broke me, and I haven't gone back for more.

So, that's the story of two very similar shows, made around the same time, one of which was never given even the chance to gain traction, and one of which has lasted almost ten seasons too long. I should break out my Supernatural dvds, and give those first five seasons a good binge. Better yet, I should dig up my VHS tape with Miracles on it, digitize it, and upload that shit to Youtube.

I've only seen a few shows of Supernatural, and most were probably seasons two or three. But, I've caught parts of episodes here and there and have seen exactly what it is you're describing. Sadly, many of these types of shows get very campy to appease the fanbase that doesn't care when a show has "jumped the shark" so to speak.

For myself, I preferred watching Smallville and watched every season of it until the end. Probably went a season too long. But, won't complain since many shows are that way. "Lois and Clark" I thought was a great early make of the Superman story, and felt that went off the air too soon.

Green Arrow, The Flash, really only liked the first few episodes and then didn't care for it too much so IMO they went too long. Couldn't stand Supergirl as her own show, good as an extra on Smallville.

Hercules and Xena, old school shows that probably started much of the fanfare that exists today. Hercules was good, and I think ended about on time. Xena, I felt went on a season or two too long.

A show I rarely hear talked about is "Justified". Great story, and I think it was good all the way through. The last season was a little predictable. But, I felt they did a decent job wrapping it up knowing it was going to be the last season.

Currently, I'm still working my way through "Family Ties". But, I don't get much of a chance to watch TV.

I hate to fucking say it....The Walking Dead should have ended or kept old writers or something.

I caught up while waiting on the recovery process to decrypt a drive. Endless hours of waiting to be filled - and it STILL dragged.

Too soon: Honestly I would have loves to see Craig Ferguson stay on at The Late Late Show for just one more season and just go all out punk rock and make the last season as weird as possible on the way out the door.

Craig Ferguson is the most friendly fluid person I've ever not met. Not a bit of hate in that man, makes everyone feel loved. Also happens to be a great interviewer.

Reactions: DearestVixen
A while back David Duchovny starred in a really cool show on NBC called Aquarius. Sadly, it only lasted two seasons. It was an interesting show about the Manson murders (The actor playing Charles Manson was a cutie...lol), and Duchovny’s character ‘Detective Hodiak’ had a work partner who was a White man married to a Black woman (Kristin). Kristin was associated with the Black Panthers.

The interracial couple had their struggles with coming home to find racial slurs spray painted on their garage door.

I remember a scene where one of Charles Manson’s girls ran into the room to tell him that Martin Luther King Jr. has just been assassinated, and he responds by saying “That’s far out!”

I used to be able to binge watch this show on Netflix. A guy I hooked up with last year had logged me into his Netflix account on my laptop. However I can’t access it anymore, because I think I had to do a factory reset on my computer or something, and I don’t talk to that guy anymore.

The Simpsons, which pains me to say, is dragging itself way too long. The first 15 seasons (give or take) are heavily embedded into my childhood. So if it does end one day, talk about one giant bitter-sweet moment. I'll simultaneously cry & mourn, yet also say "it's about damn time."

This is probably one of those "ended too soon, then dragged out way too long" ones...

Ren & Stimpy

The first two seasons were great until they fired the original crew, and went to another. Didn't really care for it after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.