AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDollFaceXx

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 10, 2017
Twitter Username
@DollFaceKillur
MFC Username
DollFaceKilla
Ok, I googled this before and found an answer (a confusing one but still) but I can't find it now and I keep searching and searching!
Some of the models I watch on MFC have charlesbot display a twitter link/image every so often in their chat. Can someone tell me how, or link me to a page with the info on how to do this please? I can make my own graphics no problem, just not sure how to get him to display the banner in chat for twitter.
I've been trying to get charlesbot to display my twitter name but he'll do it once and then stop and i gave up trying to use him because he only works while I'm live (that i know of) and I don't want to look like an idiot on live making him say things over and over because I can't figure out how to use him (give him a command to say and how often to say it) *sigh* the cons of being a nub

https://charlesbot.com/commands/

Automated Ads
Setting an Interval
!setinterval [seconds]
Sets how often it posts an ad from the list. Set to 0 seconds to stop posting advertisements completely.

Automatically Post A Command
!addad [command]
Adds a command to the ad list. You can only set commands you created by using the !addcom feature (listed above).

Stop Automatically Posting A Command
!delad [command]
Removes a command from the ad list.

List Commands Set To Automatically Post
!listads
Lists the commands currently part of the ad list.

I'm assuming you mean on mfc, if not then ignore this lol. But there is a way you can submit images or graphics to mfc to be used on command like you would with Emojis. I would link the page but I'm on my cell, sorry. Hopefully someone else can help me out with that?

• Helpful!
Reactions: xXDollFaceXx
But there is a way you can submit images or graphics to mfc to be used on command like you would with Emojis.

Yes i remember something about this, having to submit it to MFC to be approved so that it could be used or something but I can't find the post I originally read it on. Just realized it might be harder for me now, because I want it to be a clickable banner. @_@ I'm figuring it out slowly but surely

As far as I know, there's no way to make a banner that links directly. What I do is upload images as emotes from my premium account (models don't have the ability, so if you don't have one, get someone else to do it for you) and then just make CharlesBot say :emotename as an ad.

It would be cool if they supported in-chat graphic links, for sure.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Nikola Tesla
Hi!

What you need to do first is make the banner. I can't remember the exact dimensions but I imagine it's like 250 x 50 so that it can be seen well without the member having to click on it.

You can upload this anywhere like tinypic or imgur or literally any image hosting site.

Then you need to go to a chat room while logged in (I suggest your own :p) NOT from the model broadcaster but rather go to myfreecams.com/#YOURNAME -- there is a little picture of a painting next to the chat bar -- click on it.

Scroll down to where it says something like "submit a chat image" and put the link to your graphic that you uploaded to imgur or whatever, and name it whatever you want the shortcut to be. The category section means nothing, ignore it. This usually takes like 8 hours to become a usable chat image.

So when it is uploaded (you will know because you'll be able to type :mybanner or whatever you named it in your chat and it will pop up) you can add it to the charlesbot ad reel where I see someone posted the instructions above ^^

From your model admin page, go to "Manage Photos."
Upload the picture.
When finished, you will be prompted with 2 options: save a caption and save a shortcut. You will want to choose 'Save a shortcut.'
Write in something short and easy to remember.

Let's say you chose the shortcut "banner"

You can now post that image into your chat, or even to other members in PM, simply by typing :banner

To make this work with Charlesbot, add a new command via PM window (rather than logging into the control panel).

So for example:

!addcom !twitter Check me out on twitter :banner

Easiest way to add some kind of banner or graphic to Charlesbot and make it stand out more! It won't link directly to your twitter page, but it helps break up all the boring, red font that lots of members probably ignore by now :p

Last edited:
Picnic, I did not know this and I've been doing it that long way the whole time!! LMAO

So many models don't seem to know about this shortcut! Glad I can help spread the word! :)

Picnic, I did not know this and I've been doing it that long way the whole time!! LMAO
The bonus to doing it "that long way" is at least other people can post your banner too!

I think I've figured it out, now to implement it! and that would be helpful so my room helper can post it as well if needed, thank you all :h:

A model made me a room helper and asked me to help her figure out Charlesbot (I am technical and she is not). I see she can add me as a Charlebot helper with the command:

!addhelper [username]

Prior to this, is the only command that she needs to type the activation command:

/pm CharlesBot !joinroom

Assuming she correctly activates Charlesbot, and assuming she correctly adds me as a Charlesbot helper, is the idea that I should bring up a PM window to the Charlesbot user, while in her chat room, and then start to type commands in that PM window on her behalf?

Will the Charlesbot ads that I create for her be persistent for her later use, even when I am no longer her Charlesbot helper?

I did this Picnic's way, where I created my image in PS (I forget the dimensions, but I will note the 250 x 50 for later creations) and made it a Charlesbot command rather than having to wait for it to "clear" or whatever. Btw, thanks so much for that!!

HOWEVER, I wanted to create a link (like the "www.blahblahblah format) that would send them (or at least they can copy/paste) to my other content but for some reason Charlesbot doesn't like me trying to use a URL as a command. I have googled this issue and looked for answers but to no avail. I know it's possible because I saw a model who used a direct link to her Instagram as a Charlesbot ad.

Does anyone know the appropriate way to type this out so I can use a link in my chat? Thanks!

Does anyone know the biggest pixel dimensions for banners for charlesbot? I did the 250x50 but it feels so small and i feel like ive at least seen wider?

Does anyone know the biggest pixel dimensions for banners for charlesbot? I did the 250x50 but it feels so small and i feel like ive at least seen wider?
I think it is a set size, but blowing up the banner (as in making everything much larger in PS or whatever you use) makes it bigger? At least, that's the conclusion I came to.. If there IS a way to make the banners bigger, I would really like to know!

I uploaded my photos the way picnic said and tried it out today in my chat. The pictures came up soooo small and when I clicked on Them soo big. If I submit them the normal way does it make it a regular sized banner?
Hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance!

I uploaded my photos the way picnic said and tried it out today in my chat. The pictures came up soooo small and when I clicked on Them soo big. If I submit them the normal way does it make it a regular sized banner?
Hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance!
Resize your images before you upload them to MFC's photo manager. When people click the preview in chat, it'll be the size you specify instead of huge.

Reactions: missholly
Status
Not open for further replies.