AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Typical Tricks New Girls Should Look Out For?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017
USA
Twitter Username
@aliceinbows
MFC Username
Alice_in_Bows
Hi everyone!

I'm still in my approval process on MFC, but I've been doing tons of research in the mean time. I haven't seen a thread like this (from searches), so I thought I'd start one. I'm a bit terrified of a lot of things being my first time doing something like this, so any tips are appreciated...but the topic is:

I read already about having a "New" label on your cam or advertising that you are new makes you vulnerable to jerks wanting to get free stuff out of you through manipulation/skeezy tactics/etc (i.e., tricking you into using Paypal scams, getting you to do stuff without tips, trying to get your real phone number, etc etc).

I was wondering from some of the seasoned camgirls, are there any typical things you often see or used to happen to you when you first joined on? Anything for new camgirls to look out for? I figure a lot of it is common sense, but hopefully this thread can be beneficial to me or other newbies!

Also I'd like to say I am really impressed and happy to see the model side of the community is so supportive and encouraging and real with each other.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Honestly, just stick to your guns! If somebody asks you to show something or do something, it's probably because they have a fetish for it, so ask for a tip. Even if it's for something most people don't consider sexy, like if they ask to see your knees or want to see you brush your teeth (these are random examples, but there are fetishes for everything!) Don't listen to guys who say things like "you don't know how this works, you have to give us something if you want money" because that's not true. If they find you boring or unsexy, they can go look at someone else.

Ask for a small tip if a guy asks to see an item to be used in a private show. If he's really planning to do a private show, he can tip $1 for you to get the item, even if it's literally an arm's reach away. It's not really about the money, it's about respect for your time.

I touched on it in the first paragraph, but don't let customers teach you how to camgirl. Get verified for the Models Only section and ask us :) Guys who want to tell you how to make money on camsites are just looking for attention or for you to give them freebies.

Best of luck! (Edit: my advice might be more apropos for private-based sites, like Streamate, so do take it with a grain of salt...)

"Helpers" are usually garbage. Lots of guys target new models and say they just want to help. Often the advice can actually be good like "that tip was fake, see How it's not highlighted and it didn't make a noise." But then they will go ahead and start demanding free things from you for their help. Don't give them shit unless you really want to.

Turn basics off so they can't type. A large portion of my new model status was lost to people spamming my room and crashing it. I didn't know I could turn guests and basics off and everytime I got ten people or more in my room for hours they did it again.

Don't open any links anyone sends you.

Don't believe anyone that says they work for MFC.

If someone is in your room and say they are female don't give them attention unless they are tipping. Guys routinely pretend to be girls to get attention for free.

Don't let dudes excessively talk dirty to you with the promise of a show later.

Don't fall for members who want to "help" you. By this I mean they'll say things about helping you get followers, promoting you in the lounge, giving them free shows for help with social media/etc.

You don't need them, even if what they were offering was genuine and not just a way to get in good with you for free shit.

Hehe, posted same thought at same time as Missvc!

What everyone else said.
I personally found it helpful to turn off pm's unless they're on my friend's list (which I charge for) because I was getting so many it distracted from the actual chat. It seemed like most were people begging for stuff they didn't want to pay for or trying to talk dirty anyway, not people who were genuinely interested in conversation/discussing doing privates/etc.

Honestly, just stick to your guns! If somebody asks you to show something or do something, it's probably because they have a fetish for it, so ask for a tip. Even if it's for something most people don't consider sexy, like if they ask to see your knees or want to see you brush your teeth (these are random examples, but there are fetishes for everything!) Don't listen to guys who say things like "you don't know how this works, you have to give us something if you want money" because that's not true. If they find you boring or unsexy, they can go look at someone else.

Ask for a small tip if a guy asks to see an item to be used in a private show. If he's really planning to do a private show, he can tip $1 for you to get the item, even if it's literally an arm's reach away. It's not really about the money, it's about respect for your time.

I touched on it in the first paragraph, but don't let customers teach you how to camgirl. Get verified for the Models Only section and ask us :) Guys who want to tell you how to make money on camsites are just looking for attention or for you to give them freebies.

Best of luck! (Edit: my advice might be more apropos for private-based sites, like Streamate, so do take it with a grain of salt...)

I strongly disagree here,if I am on MFC and pay for a private and the models starts charging me for minor requests I finish the private straightaway. Reason :privates are not cheap and I find it annoying if a models feels she need to squeese even more money out of me. But actually that never happened so far, only thing what happened were models on the slow lane getting naked, I give 1 warning then I terminate the show....

:)

I strongly disagree here,if I am on MFC and pay for a private and the models starts charging me for minor requests I finish the private straightaway. Reason :privates are not cheap and I find it annoying if a models feels she need to squeese even more money out of me. But actually that never happened so far, only thing what happened were models on the slow lane getting naked, I give 1 warning then I terminate the show....

I think in that case, you should be discussing with the model ahead of time what you're expecting and what you would like. She can't read your mind! "Slow lane getting naked" could mean different things for different people. Models are people, not machines, so you can actually and SHOULD actually talk to them before entering a private show.

I think in that case, you should be discussing with the model ahead of time what you're expecting and what you would like. She can't read your mind! "Slow lane getting naked" could mean different things for different people. Models are people, not machines, so you can actually and SHOULD actually talk to them before entering a private show.
Rest assured I am very detailed about what I expect in a private before I go ahead, because if a private goes wrong I lose money.....
Most models are fine, but if I get the impression that things go wrong i cut my losses. I am not discussing things at 6$ a minute...;)

Rest assured I am very detailed about what I expect in a private before I go ahead, because if a private goes wrong I lose money.....
Most models are fine, but if I get the impression that things go wrong i cut my losses. I am not discussing things at 6$ a minute...;)
I think @Kiki Jane is saying to do this *before* the private when the member is inquiring , not during.

Yikes, that's... super gross. First of all, what Kiki Jane was talking about was members who want shit BEFORE the show, for free. Like "do you have any toys bb? what panties do you have bb?" type of shit. Also what does "on the slow lane getting naked" even mean??? "1 warning"? This entire post was nauseating to read. I'm glad I'm probably too expensive for you. All the dudes I do shows with are 100% fine with discussing things during the show, and if we're doing any sort of dom/sub power exchange, it's not uncommon for us to spend up to five minutes discussing limits and preferences (all on the clock!)

Yikes, that's... super gross. First of all, what Kiki Jane was talking about was members who want shit BEFORE the show, for free. Like "do you have any toys bb? what panties do you have bb?" type of shit. Also what does "on the slow lane getting naked" even mean??? "1 warning"? This entire post was nauseating to read. I'm glad I'm probably too expensive for you. All the dudes I do shows with are 100% fine with discussing things during the show, and if we're doing any sort of dom/sub power exchange, it's not uncommon for us to spend up to five minutes discussing limits and preferences (all on the clock!)
I think @Kiki Jane is saying to do this *before* the private when the member is inquiring , not during.

I have to say after re reading the section, that I got it wrong, and it was indeed BEFORE the private, so I apologize here - no problem with that :)

About the discussing things during a private "on the clock", that is not making me happy, I make an efford to be very clear before a private what I expect,

I would say the #1 biggest, most common trick of all time is "BB, the site is taking so much of the money. We should do a show on Skype and I'll pay you with Paypal. I can pay less and you can keep more. Yay!" NOOOOOOOO! Skype shows are a legit thing (probably something you're better off trying AFTER you get your bearings on a cam site). Paypal is not ok. Ever. Neither is pretty much any similar service. Basically, if it is a service that you could use to send money to a friend or family member, it almost certainly shouldn't be used to pay you for anything as a cam model.

One thing I've talked about with other people before is wishing we had our tip values figured out early on. Some members like to take advantage of new models because the model hasn't figured out what they are comfortable with yet.

Have a look at a range of models tip menu amounts so you can stick to something you're comfortable with in that range, and don't let someone bargain it down. Some people may pull the "but I'm 20 short, is 10tk ok?" card. You'll also probably see people saying "I'll tip after you do X" which they never do.

Custom content (videos, photos, etc) can become very overwhelming early on and it may not be easy to not know how to price them (if you plan on making any). If you're interested in making that content then I've seen prices ranging from 1500tk to 5000tk for a 10 minute video. Depends on how you want to price your time taken shooting and editing on top of it being a one of a kind video. Some models make customs more exclusive, and some don't offer them at all. Don't feel pressured to do custom work if you don't want to, having that token amount tipped up front can be tempting but respect your own boundaries if you don't want to and someone is pushing. Same goes for what they request of you in content/privates, don't let someone be too demanding just because they're paying.

Oh also - be careful if you're using any social media. Locations turned off etc, especially with Snapchat if you start one (disable location and also quick-add). If you make one make sure to grab the members username first and add them. It helps me block random people who find my username and add me, because they won't be shown as someone I'd added already to my list.

Last thing, turn off your PMs, make them friend only, otherwise you will be bombarded on day one. Some models charge for a friend add so a member can PM them. I personally just add people I like to mine!
Good luck and enjoy :)

It's not a trick but be super careful with social media apps, recently had a girl I've been seeing a bit ask me if I had snapchat, sure I say, give her my account hmm what looks like <firstname>.<lastname> adds me where firstname was a longer version of a name she had given me. Sure enough it's a real name and also pulls up facebook. Fortunately she's in a part of the world that doesn't get much tourist traffic but even so - not good.

I did tell her what had happened but I have no idea what she needs to do to snapchat to stop that happening, create a new account and use only that for work? or is it a settings thing to change what appears? or if she changes that will everyone else see the contact name change to "sexy hot minx" or whatever? Sorry thread hijackbut if anyone knows the correct solution?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Alice_in_Bows
It's not a trick but be super careful with social media apps, recently had a girl I've been seeing a bit ask me if I had snapchat, sure I say, give her my account hmm what looks like <firstname>.<lastname> adds me where firstname was a longer version of a name she had given me. Sure enough it's a real name and also pulls up facebook. Fortunately she's in a part of the world that doesn't get much tourist traffic but even so - not good.

I did tell her what had happened but I have no idea what she needs to do to snapchat to stop that happening, create a new account and use only that for work? or is it a settings thing to change what appears? or if she changes that will everyone else see the contact name change to "sexy hot minx" or whatever? Sorry thread hijackbut if anyone knows the correct solution?
Honestly snapchat is completely terrible in terms of privacy. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the app potentially outed me by including me in peoples' "quick adds" and at least one person found me based off my phone number. I never actually used the account, but my performer name was there, so all it would take is a google search. When I made the account I verrrry meticulously turned every setting off that could have been dangerous, so I guess it just reverted at some point. I would basically not recommend snapchat to anyone who values security, even if it can be lucrative. Sorry I can't be more helpful with that specific issue :(

On the Snapchat app, if you scroll up to the profile section, you can use the gear icon (settings) or tap on the name to change what people see you as. If the username is the full name, I would suggest having her delete it or using it for other purposes, and create a new one (using a fake username or name).

One of the more recent tricks/scams I have been noticing that members are doing are fake third party tips. In a new models room the other day, someone posted an image of a "receipt" stating that they used some third party application to send her a tip which would be coming within 24 hours. Not sure if anyone else has seen the same, but thought I would mention it.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Alice_in_Bows
Hi everyone!

I'm still in my approval process on MFC, but I've been doing tons of research in the mean time. I haven't seen a thread like this (from searches), so I thought I'd start one. I'm a bit terrified of a lot of things being my first time doing something like this, so any tips are appreciated...but the topic is:

I read already about having a "New" label on your cam or advertising that you are new makes you vulnerable to jerks wanting to get free stuff out of you through manipulation/skeezy tactics/etc (i.e., tricking you into using Paypal scams, getting you to do stuff without tips, trying to get your real phone number, etc etc).

I was wondering from some of the seasoned camgirls, are there any typical things you often see or used to happen to you when you first joined on? Anything for new camgirls to look out for? I figure a lot of it is common sense, but hopefully this thread can be beneficial to me or other newbies!

Also I'd like to say I am really impressed and happy to see the model side of the community is so supportive and encouraging and real with each other.
"I've been scammed so many times, I'll pay during the show" when you decide to do a skype show. Any stories that sound reasonable but involve you doing something for free.

I don't know if this was said or not yet, but be careful about guys saying they will tip X amount after you do something. Like "flash and THEN ill tip X amount". Never trust that. Sometimes the guy follows through but it's just not worth it.

I don't know if this was said or not yet, but be careful about guys saying they will tip X amount after you do something. Like "flash and THEN ill tip X amount". Never trust that. Sometimes the guy follows through but it's just not worth it.

Additionally, "get naked/tease me more and I'll take you private". Sometimes they'll claim that they "need to see more" before taking you private. If they actually mean that, they'll tip. I'm on Streamate where it's common to charge (usually like 1Gold) to stand up - otherwise, you'd be up and down for every freeloader like you're at Catholic mass - and it's not unusual for someone to tip so they can see your whole body, then take you private, or tip for ass, then go private for ass worship, etc.

In general, anytime a customer claims there are features, rules, or practices on your cam site that you aren't aware of, you should be wary.* Some sites are complicated, and you may genuinely not know all the features, but check the help guides and stuff on the site (and the forum as needed) if a guy tells you about something you didn't know. Our sites almost never tell customers about weird secret features without putting info about it for the models somewhere.

I think examples sprung on new models include things like "Oh, this is a special type of tip, that's why it looks different;" "Ok bb, we're in private now [even though nothing on your screen has changed] so you can get naked and dildo;" "You don't have to be shy. On this site it's totally fine to fist your asshole in public. Everyone does it;" "Bb, on this site you're actually required to give free 10 second flashes because people need to know what they're getting. The site will ban you if you don't give good customer service." The thing @MiniatureKiwi said about "third party tips" is new to me, but I'd count that as a fake site feature. I think I also recently saw on here that someone tried to convince a model that if she typed in a certain code, it would launch her into some kind of super secret private show. Also, for crisp's sake, don't let anyone convince you that the password you use to log in is the password you give them so they can access something they paid for, like a gallery or password protected show - very bad things may happen if you give out your log in password!

*Exceptions: Sometimes guys will alert you to very useful things (e.g. "Did you know you can mute basics?"), but usually you can look it up and see that the info they gave you is true. I'd also initially trust them if they are telling you something that's clearly in your interest and not theirs. For example, "Omg, I'm in public chat, and I can see your private show. You need to fix something!" or "Whoa! Did you know you aren't allowed to be topless in public on this site?" In both cases, cover up first, ask questions later.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Do not listen to people who tell you if you do X, you'll make a lot of money. When X is something that you aren't comfortable with. No is a powerful word.
---

Don't let people use their money they spent in the past to hold power over you. Don't be afraid to ban disrespectful members or members that make yo uncomfortable. Regulars come and go on their own, so there will always be new ones.
----

Do not look at any dick pics or cams unless they are paying you. Don't even acknowledge them.
----

Don't answer their millions of sex questions if they aren't tipping or in a show. Dick type preference, last time you had sex, kinkiest thing, ect.
----

Make sure to take a quarter of your check out for taxes.
---

Watermark any videos you sell, so when they do eventually get leaked, free marketing.
---

Do not let anyone haggle. Your prices are set in stone. If they can't afford 25tokens for a simple flash, then that is their problem. They can move along and find a cammodel in their price range. Don't let them try to guilt you because you are "too expensive".I always remind them that it's MY body, and I can charge whatever I want.
---

Trolls will try to say anything outrageous or offensive to get a reaction. If you don't handle their comments well, ignore. Don't give in.
---

Know when to log off. Don't cry on cam or have an emotional reaction. You are being recorded every minute you are on cam. Efukt is a great reminder to turn off that cam.
---

Don't do the answer the door naked for the pizza guy. DON'T. That is sexual harassment and you may get hurt.

"I know you irl/I have your personal info and I'll release it unless you give me vids or a show" 99% of the time they don't have shit, and even if they did have something giving into blackmail probably isn't going to help you as they can just release it anyways. Ignore, block, report.

And this isn't exactly ripping you off or whatever but be wary of people who use negging tactics. "You look great even though you've gained weight" "I liked your new hair even though your old hair is better" "Even though your outfit clashes it still looks good on you" "I don't like this music but I keep you unmuted so I can hear you talk anyways" "I normally don't like flat-chested girls but I like you" this is a tactic assholes use to try and not only sculpt your camstyle to what they want but lower your self-esteem so they can manipulate you easier. Call them out and don't give in, never ever let backhanded compliments and negging get you.

Last edited:
And this isn't exactly ripping you off or whatever but be wary of people who use negging tactics. "You look great even though you've gained weight" "I liked your new hair even though your old hair is better" "Even though your outfit clashes it still looks good on you" "I don't like this music but I keep you unmuted so I can hear you talk anyways" "I normally don't like flat-chested girls but I like you" this is a tactic assholes use to try and not only sculpt your camstyle to what they want but lower your self-esteem so they can manipulate you easier. Call them out and don't give in, never ever let backhanded compliments and negging get you.

and when they come back saying "I was just being honest." No asshole, you are being rude. I also call it out. Just because they have a thought, doesn't mean they need to use their keyboard. I always make them into an example, so the class can learn how not to talk to women.

Status
Not open for further replies.