AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using smartphone instead of laptop?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2020
Hello! Please excuse if this is already been asked I looked and could not find the answer I was looking for. Is it possible to use your smartphone ( Android) instead of your laptop for model work? My laptop is completely ancient and right now I do not have the money to go out and get a new one 😔🙏
Thank you for all replies and I hope all of us have a safe and blessed New year!

Hello! Please excuse if this is already been asked I looked and could not find the answer I was looking for. Is it possible to use your smartphone ( Android) instead of your laptop for model work? My laptop is completely ancient and right now I do not have the money to go out and get a new one 😔🙏
Thank you for all replies and I hope all of us have a safe and blessed New year!
You can, though it might be more ideal to use your phone as a camera to stream directly, and then use your laptop just to view chat. Though I guess this is all dependent on the site you are using. On Chaturbate for example I use to stream form my phone directly using Larix Broadcaster, and then I would have chat open on my laptop. You can also search for any other RTMP streaming apps to see if you find one that's better.

Reactions: maria cooper
You can, though it might be more ideal to use your phone as a camera to stream directly, and then use your laptop just to view chat. Though I guess this is all dependent on the site you are using. On Chaturbate for example I use to stream form my phone directly using Larix Broadcaster, and then I would have chat open on my laptop. You can also search for any other RTMP streaming apps to see if you find one that's better.

I must be the most computer illiterate person there is! LOL LOL I have no clue what Chaturbate or RTMP is ! 🙄 I appreciate the reply though thank you so much ♥️

I must be the most computer illiterate person there is! LOL LOL I have no clue what Chaturbate or RTMP is ! 🙄 I appreciate the reply though thank you so much ♥️

Chaturbate is a popular cam site. I don't remember the specifics about RTMP, but on many live streaming sites you can stream from 3rd party program/apps that support it.

For example the most common 3rd party program for streaming is OBS, which you connect your cam to, and then it sends your video feed to the server of the site you want to stream on. The site you are streaming on will usually give you a unique token, think of it like a code, that you put into a program like OBS so that it will send your video feed to the correct place.

OBS is the program that most people use to cam, and to cam the same way with your phone you need an app that supports RTMP because those will allow you use the unique token the site gives you so that your phone can send your video feed to your cam site.

I'm bad at explaining things, so hopefully that's not more confusing lol

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Status
Not open for further replies.