AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

VFWs Ban NFL?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
Imagine that!

Several VFW & American Legion posts have decided to ban NFL games inside their facilities due to lack of respect towards the American Flag and all it stands for.

Direct Tv is also offering refunds to NFL customers sick of overpaid millionaires bringing politics into the game.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, but it's rarely without consequences.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, but it's rarely without consequences.
Ah yes, it's such a shame people are allowed to peaceful protest while advocating for a better community and country. Like, I love freedom of speech. Just not when people disagree with me. /sarcasm

What are you sorry about?

Shame Colin Kaepernick didn't make his point more clearly. Nobody knows what they're protesting now, just that when they're being called names they're going to react by doing it more. On that point I don't disagree.

You call me a sonofabitch, I don't care if I was right or wrong to start, now it's on.

I said last September Colin was a failed celebrity looking for attention. Since then we went and elected one. Meanwhile his point has been long lost and a cop who (allegedly) planted a gun on a black suspect, on camera, was acquitted last week with barely a notice in St Louis. That's what Colin said his protest was about and people now care more about who's kneeling instead. It was never about the flag, or the anthem. But that's what it's been reduced and redirected as.

And now we're arguing about made up slights instead of something that matters.

Well done, us.

Several VFW & American Legion posts have decided to ban NFL games inside their facilities due to lack of respect towards the American Flag and all it stands for.

Am I the only one to find it odd that organizations such as the VFW and AL are resorting to basic censorship by banning NFL games in their facilities? I mean, yeah, they fought and died in wars to protect our way of life, yet at the same time they embrace tactics that goes against the very document that allows it all to happen in the first place. :grr:

Am I the only one to find it odd that organizations such as the VFW and AL are resorting to basic censorship by banning NFL games in their facilities? I mean, yeah, they fought and died in wars to protect our way of life, yet at the same time they embrace tactics that goes against the very document that allows it all to happen in the first place. :grr:

Yes, only you. That's not censorship.

Aw, that stinks. Sorry?

What are you sorry about?
That people have to do stuff like that.

Watch some damn football, have a damn beer. Life should be simpler.

The whole damn thing was pretty much ignored by everyone until it was used to divide the people in this country even more.
"United" States my ass!
I think it was pretty much put behind us until the dopey POTUS started tweeting dramatic shit about it. Can't ignore the fact that Trump wants to stir up shit to divide the US even more. So yeah, I agree with you. There is no "United" in the States at all right now. Feels like we're getting "great" again, amirite? :wondering:

I think it was pretty much put behind us until the dopey POTUS started tweeting dramatic shit about it. Can't ignore the fact that Trump wants to stir up shit to divide the US even more. So yeah, I agree with you. There is no "United" in the States at all right now. Feels like we're getting "great" again, amirite? :wondering:

It's almost like said POTUS is trying to distract people from the lack of aid getting to Puerto Rico due to sanctions put in place by Trump. Almost.

It's almost like said POTUS is trying to distract people from the lack of aid getting to Puerto Rico due to sanctions put in place by Trump. Almost.

I've been trying to tell people (not here) that there's something more to this than the NFL. It's a distraction towards something else. Whether it be Puerto Rico or something else... there's something that the POTUS doesn't want us paying attention to.

Since this thread is about distractions to real problems. Be pissed that Trump didn't lift the Jones Act because the Shipping Industry didn't want him to. HUMAN LIFE < CORPORATE GREED

Also the fact that the Comfort (Navy Hospital Ship) is FINALLY being sent to PR after a week! It should of been on it's shores five days ago saving LIVES. AMERICAN CITIZEN LIVES. We usually send the Comfort for EVERY natural disaster in our waters and our neighbors.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/p...es-act-help-storm-ravaged-puerto-rico-n805436
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ip-comfort-to-puerto-rico-now-its-on-the-way/

If we wanna talk about respecting this country. Let's start by being more diligent on helping and caring for our AMERICAN CITIZENS. Coming to their aid in times of need.

Please direct your rage torwards something more humanitarian. Donate whatever you can! Spread word of the neglect our FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZENS are currently facing. This is worse then Katrina. This is not a partisan issue. This is a humanitarian issue.

Like they are just protesting peacfully? Freedom of speech and expression. You cannot force anyone to stand when they don't want to. What is this? North Korea?

Let people burn the flag, stomp on it, ignore it, sit, kneel. Wipe their asses with it. You may feel disrespected, but that flag is giving them the RIGHT to do it.

Also it's just a fucking song.....

Last edited:
Since this thread is about distractions to real problems. Be pissed that Trump didn't lift the Jones Act because the Shipping Industry didn't want him to. HUMAN LIFE < CORPORATE GREED

Also the fact that the Comfort (Navy Hospital Ship) is FINALLY being sent to PR after a week! It should of been on it's shores five days ago saving LIVES. AMERICAN CITIZEN LIVES. We usually send the Comfort for EVERY natural disaster in our waters and our neighbors.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/p...es-act-help-storm-ravaged-puerto-rico-n805436
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ip-comfort-to-puerto-rico-now-its-on-the-way/

If we wanna talk about respecting this country. Let's start by being more diligent on helping and caring for our AMERICAN CITIZENS. Coming to their aid in times of need.

Please direct your rage torwards something more humanitarian. Donate whatever you can! Spread word of the neglect our FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZENS are currently facing. This is worse then Katrina. This is not a partisan issue. This is a humanitarian issue.

Like they are just protesting peacfully? Freedom of speech and expression. You cannot force anyone to stand when they don't want to. What is this? North Korea?

Let people burn the flag, stomp on it, ignore it, sit, kneel. Wipe their asses with it. You may feel disrespected, but that flag is giving them the RIGHT to do it.

Also it's just a fucking song.....
THIS! One hundred percent this. If I see one more person trying to say that PR's are somehow not citizens, because they're a territory and not a state (even though they're still TOTALLY CITIZENS), I will scream. There are people who are going without medications that will die without them. There are elderly in need of care. There are children in need of food. These are humans in need, and the fact that the Comfort was delayed this long is just... mind boggling.

THIS! One hundred percent this. If I see one more person trying to say that PR's are somehow not citizens, because they're a territory and not a state (even though they're still TOTALLY CITIZENS), I will scream. There are people who are going without medications that will die without them. There are elderly in need of care. There are children in need of food. These are humans in need, and the fact that the Comfort was delayed this long is just... mind boggling.
Hospitals are running low on fuel to run their generators. The San Jaun Mayor said their hospitals were becoming near-death conditions like three days ago. They were running low on fuel to run generators. If those generators go out, so much life will end.

LET"S ALSO ADD HOW HE THEN BLAMES PR'S DEBT... 33 million of their debt was acquired by one of Trump's failed golf course...
Trump lacks the empathy a leader NEEDS to run this country. He is only empathetic to his camp, as president he needs to learn to have some empathy FOR ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS.

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE. PLEASE DON"T BE TRUE.

Last edited:
About the Puerto Rico situation: this is from the New York Times (not sure where they are as a news source on the liberal/conservative spectrum) from a day ago. The concerns of the Governor and where he stands, as the voice of his jurisdiction:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/us/governor-puerto-rico-rossello-hurricane.html?mcubz=1

All that said, donate if you can.

In regards to the NFL stuff: One day people are complaining about one player standing out and not being a part of team unity. Another day people are complaining about team unity.

Direct Tv is also offering refunds to NFL customers sick of overpaid millionaires bringing politics into the game.

I find it to be a faulty argument whenever i see athlete wealth, or “the spoiled athlete,” brought into these debates.

They’re not complaining about trivial matters like lack of leather arm chairs in their locker room… they’re making political statements meaningful to them, which go way beyond how much ANY individual in this world makes. It doesn’t matter what part of the political spectrum someone stands on, an athlete’s wealth doesn’t negate their right to make a stance. For once, i rather see people discuss this matter without someone bringing up athlete paychecks because the money irrelevant to the larger discussion at hand.

I find it to be a faulty argument whenever i see athlete wealth, or “the spoiled athlete,” brought into these debates.

They’re not complaining about trivial matters like lack of leather arm chairs in their locker room… they’re making political statements meaningful to them, which go way beyond how much ANY individual in this world makes. It doesn’t matter what part of the political spectrum someone stands on, an athlete’s wealth doesn’t negate their right to make a stance. For once, i rather see people discuss this matter without someone bringing up athlete paychecks because the money irrelevant to the larger discussion at hand.
This has been one of my biggest eye twitch makers through this since it was just Colin.
Are successful people not allowed to be black? Are they required to hand in their black card once they make it and walk away from caring about deeply important societal issues?
When someone is blessed with a platform, they ought use it because us little people can't get this level of conversation started.

Kneeling was the suggestion of an ex-NFL veteran, because kneeling is a way to show respect for veterans and fallen soldiers. I've never understood the upset sourounding the kneel because I've always seen it as a show of respect as well.

He lost his millionaire job kneeling for what he felt was the right thing to do. He gave up a lot for others, More than most of us could ever even imagine being close to having.
That takes courage and makes me feel pretty damn patriotic

Last edited:
I'm getting pretty tired of people who haven't served talking about protest as disrespect to veterans. No one actually believes the black men kneeling are protesting veterans. That's just a way to smear what they're doing. The government wants the brown football dudes standing and saluting so that they recruit more black kids to the armed forces. Gotta have more poor kids for the war machine. Old rich dudes can't play war without 'em. You know what is really disrespectful to veterans? Voting in a dude who dodged the draft. Voting in a dude who caught laughs saying he likes war heroes that don't get captured only. Walking past veterans in the streets and acting like you're better than they are. Oh. And using them to politically suppress minorities.

Side note: Trump has a personal grievance against the NFL and is using his position to come for them. That's also pretty disrespectful to the office.

https://ghionjournal.com/decoding-kaepernick/

A message worth listening to imo.

Fair warning: if you buy into the right's phony-assed idea of patriotism, or the left's manipulative perverse notions about social justice, probably best you keep your deluded ass on twitter.

If you want to point to overpaid (for the amount of work they do) and spoiled (if I don't get my way I'll make sure nobody else does either), I give you the shining example of Congress.

I'm getting pretty tired of people who haven't served talking about protest as disrespect to veterans. No one actually believes the black men kneeling are protesting veterans. That's just a way to smear what they're doing. The government wants the brown football dudes standing and saluting so that they recruit more black kids to the armed forces. Gotta have more poor kids for the war machine. Old rich dudes can't play war without 'em. You know what is really disrespectful to veterans? Voting in a dude who dodged the draft. Voting in a dude who caught laughs saying he likes war heroes that don't get captured only. Walking past veterans in the streets and acting like you're better than they are. Oh. And using them to politically suppress minorities.

Side note: Trump has a personal grievance against the NFL and is using his position to come for them. That's also pretty disrespectful to the office.
Trump wasn't so patriotic when he got 5 deferments to avoid serving in Vietnam.

https://ghionjournal.com/decoding-kaepernick/

A message worth listening to imo.

Fair warning: if you buy into the right's phony-assed idea of patriotism, or the left's manipulative perverse notions about social justice, probably best you keep your deluded ass on twitter.
This was a good read!
I agree with many points and disagree with others. Mostly the idea that focusing on individual issues vs. a greater overall picture is bad, only because the greatest changes have been primarily facilitated by movements that focused on key issues. it was ugly at the time but resulted in lasting change for good. A look back to most movements and influences who as a nation most agree were great important people show, that at the time of their voice, they were viewed very differently. Much more similar to how current active movements are viewed by people today if not worse. The Freedom Riders were viewed unfavorably by the majority of the country at the time of the protests but made a difference in the long term.
Progress is not a hot dog eating contest, we can only handle so many wieners at a time.

I agree with many points and disagree with others. Mostly the idea that focusing on individual issues vs. a greater overall picture is bad, only because the greatest changes have been primarily facilitated by movements that focused on key issues.
I'm not sure that is a point he is trying to make. More than anything, he seems to be trying to drive home the fact that both sides have been co-opted. I re-read it a couple of times, I still am not sure which part you are talking about.

The first 13 minutes of this video are a must watch if you haven't heard her story already.

This woman could be full of shit, but based on what I have seen from the media since the election, I tend to believe her.

"The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative." -- Malcolm X

I tend to be sympathetic with the peaceful protesters (even when they get misled). More so for the people on the street than on the sidelines. I see where they are coming from.
But the voices that can only see racism, and the voices that can only see patriotism, are working in tandem.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I'm not sure that is a point he is trying to make. More than anything, he seems to be trying to drive home the fact that both sides have been co-opted. I re-read it a couple of times, I still am not sure which part you are talking about.

The first 13 minutes of this video are a must watch if you haven't heard her story already.

This woman could be full of shit, but based on what I have seen from the media since the election, I tend to believe her.

"The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative." -- Malcolm X

I tend to be sympathetic with the peaceful protesters (even when they get misled). More so for the people on the street than on the sidelines. I see where they are coming from.
But the voices that can only see racism, and the voices that can only see patriotism, are working in tandem.

Its a long article and talks about it a lot throughout the whole thing, so quoting is hard, but it was the talk of separating issues (identity politics) vs. protesting for universal justice for all people victimized by our system in any way.

Reactions: dilligaf0
Status
Not open for further replies.