AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Viewer drop from 800 to 100

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2017
Hello dear community,

I'm a boy cam model with 13 k followers on chaturbate and have a little question:

I feel like, every time i pause camming for some weeks, it's hard to get viewers back. Like some weeks ago, I had 300 to even 800 viewers easily in my room for several days, but when I tried camming again some weeks later after I had a short break, i barely had 100 viewers and didn't make much tokens anymore.

Do you think there is some kind of algorithm that puts you higher on the list when you cam on a regular basis?
Do you sometimes feel the same?

It's really confusing for me.

Thanks a lot :)

How do you know they changed it? How do you figure out what it is?
I work 6-7 hours every day and I almost always place #1 at least once during the show. I know when things change. Knowing what they changed exactly is a different matter altogether.

Reactions: KyleBoy
I work 6-7 hours every day and I almost always place #1 at least once during the show. I know when things change. Knowing what they changed exactly is a different matter altogether.

Is it no longer based on how many registered viewers you have?

It does... but CB has control over how many registered users are watching you to an extent by:

1) your placement on the “featured” tab (independent from registered users watching)
2) On how many promos they feature your room (any registered members with the pop up open will count as registered viewers even if they aren’t browsing CB, same with banners and whitelabels)

By choosing not to feature a model in their networking sites and promos they restrict the maximum number of reg users watching to those who are actively browsing the site while giving an advantage to models who are being featured in comparison.

They will often change the algorithm of what it takes to be featured in promos/white labels as well as the placement algorithm on the featured tab.

Frequency is not a factor in the chaturbate model placement algorithm. When you take a break for weeks some viewers are going to shift their priority over to another model. Did you announce the the break multiple times in advance? put it on a rotating notice for example? If you just disappear one day without saying anything at all then that is far more damaging then having a notice say something like "Hey guys i'm going on vacation and I will be gone from April 7th to April 21st and I will broadcast again on April 22nd at 5pm. Please don't forget me"

Reactions: Pia and KyleBoy
Frequency is not a factor in the chaturbate model placement algorithm. When you take a break for weeks some viewers are going to shift their priority over to another model. Did you announce the the break multiple times in advance? put it on a rotating notice for example? If you just disappear one day without saying anything at all then that is far more damaging then having a notice say something like "Hey guys i'm going on vacation and I will be gone from April 7th to April 21st and I will broadcast again on April 22nd at 5pm. Please don't forget me"

No, no and er.. no.

Even models like Zilla who took a ONE YEAR BREAK didn't see a big difference in placement when she got back on cam a couple of months ago. She was still having 8k viewers consistently. If you are interesting on cam you will continue to attract new viewers even if you take a 1 month break.

On the other hand, if they change the placement algorithm some cams can be SEVERELY affected. For example, it is much harder to get the same viewership now while clothed than it was just a month ago. It isn't only me, Emotional_rescue who is a #1 cam could not make #1 the last couple of times she broadcasted, she doesn't do nudity.

Then... new models are getting a huge boost from 3 am PST. It was nearly impossible for a new model to make #1 a month ago and now every day in the morning we see random new girls on the top 2 spots of the site for hours.

So yeah.. the algorithm changes frequently and when it happens some people can be adversely affected. Someone who had 800 viewers on the regular does not see such a sharp decline in viewership simply because they took a month off. A decline in tipping users, maybe, but not on viewers.

No, no and er.. no.

Even models like Zilla who took a ONE YEAR BREAK didn't see a big difference in placement when she got back on cam a couple of months ago. She was still having 8k viewers consistently. If you are interesting on cam you will continue to attract new viewers even if you take a 1 month break.

On the other hand, if they change the placement algorithm some cams can be SEVERELY affected. For example, it is much harder to get the same viewership now while clothed than it was just a month ago. It isn't only me, Emotional_rescue who is a #1 cam could not make #1 the last couple of times she broadcasted, she doesn't do nudity.

Then... new models are getting a huge boost from 3 am PST. It was nearly impossible for a new model to make #1 a month ago and now every day in the morning we see random new girls on the top 2 spots of the site for hours.

So yeah.. the algorithm changes frequently and when it happens some people can be adversely affected. Someone who had 800 viewers on the regular does not see such a sharp decline in viewership simply because they took a month off. A decline in tipping users, maybe, but not on viewers.

You're talking about a model with 200000 followers, thats not the same thing at all.

Emotional_rescue was just #1 the other day on april 4th if my memory serves me correct.

The placement algorithm rarely changes, there was a change made very recently that may be more noticeable when less people are online but I don't know about new girls making the top 2 spots. I'm rarely watching at 3am PST so couldn't say.

You're talking about a model with 200000 followers, thats not the same thing at all.

Emotional_rescue was just #1 the other day on april 4th if my memory serves me correct.

The placement algorithm rarely changes, there was a change made very recently that may be more noticeable when less people are online but I don't know about new girls making the top 2 spots. I'm rarely watching at 3am PST so couldn't say.

You are confusing cause an effect. Number of followers is a result of having many viewers and not the other way around... meaning... the followers is a vanity number that doesn’t mean much.. what matters is how consistently engaging a model is to keep people from leaving her room. A room might fill up faster when there’s a lot of active followers on the site browsing but that’s not the reason a model keeps an 8k viewership.

The algorithm changes often, they are testing settings constantly and why wouldn’t they? Sometimes they give priority to couples, sometimes they will bump men, sometimes they will feature certain tags over others.

Reactions: KyleBoy and Lelo1
You are confusing cause an effect. Number of followers is a result of having many viewers and not the other way around... meaning... the followers is a vanity number that doesn’t mean much.. what matters is how consistently engaging a model is to keep people from leaving her room. A room might fill up faster when there’s a lot of active followers on the site browsing but that’s not the reason a model keeps an 8k viewership.

They have to join the room for him to engage and try to keep them from leaving the room, its a lot easier to have people join the room when you got tons of followers and can quickly get to page 1 even if its on the bottom. If you want to think his issue is an algorithm issue then that's fine but i'm fairly certain it isn't.

Sometimes they give priority to couples, sometimes they will bump men, sometimes they will feature certain tags over others.

Are you perhaps talking about the affiliate and promotional tour algorithm? I don't know if they still do that I haven't seen the tour options, I just see like the top room options. I was just referring to the over all placement algorithm.

The algorithm changes often, they are testing settings constantly and why wouldn’t they? Sometimes they give priority to couples, sometimes they will bump men, sometimes they will feature certain tags over others.

Performers on youtube have the same kind of issues.
Google is constantly trying to retain viewer.
And not every one has adapted as youtube changing as viewers tastes change.

But 800 to 100, that seems like maybe there is some thing else going on.
Like maybe too many locations are geo blocked.
Haven't some models had issues where they ended up needing to create new accounts due to issues like this?

Reactions: KyleBoy and Mila_
Status
Not open for further replies.