AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Viewer Privacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2022
Am a mod in a CB room and have gotten some questions from a few viewers about their privacy and security. To help me, can anyone tell me what info contained in the viewer's profile can be seen by the broadcaster? My guess is that they can see everything including their FC memberships, their location settings, and their emmail address for notifications. Essentially, what user profile tabs can the broadcaster open and view while the viewer is in the room?

Can anyone fill me in on that?

Am a mod in a CB room and have gotten some questions from a few viewers about their privacy and security. To help me, can anyone tell me what info contained in the viewer's profile can be seen by the broadcaster? My guess is that they can see everything including their FC memberships, their location settings, and their emmail address for notifications. Essentially, what user profile tabs can the broadcaster open and view while the viewer is in the room?

Can anyone fill me in on that?
My understanding is they can read their "profile" info and not much else. No emails, no FC memberships. They can see how many followers you have but not who they are and they cannot see how many people you follow.

My understanding is they can read their "profile" info and not much else. No emails, no FC memberships. They can see how many followers you have but not who they are and they cannot see how many people you follow.
Thank you. Would be intersted in seeing replies from others to see if their understanding is any different. That because another mod in the same room appeared to have somehow gotten some of that information. While I know that other users/mods can not access that info, my suspicion is that the model got it somehow and had another mod there ask me about my other FC memberships.

Am a mod in a CB room and have gotten some questions from a few viewers about their privacy and security.
Curious why they would ask a moderator that info, and not the model what they themself can see.
Since mods aren't privy to those details, you'd be asking someone who is, and then passing on that info 3rd hand, that you can't fact-check yourself.
Your call of course, but for myself, I'd just reply that I don't know, and leave it at that.

It's been a long while since I used CB, but I doubt they've changed anything. I could only see the specific number you've tipped me in the past 2 weeks, and tipped today, iirc.

I can't see your IP, address, or anything that's not written by you in your CB profile.

@rockin_rod they might be asking for a second opinion, and/if they're nervous a model might use their info against them or something so they'll find a member more trustworthy.

Reactions: rockin_rod
It's been a long while since I used CB, but I doubt they've changed anything. I could only see the specific number you've tipped me in the past 2 weeks, and tipped today, iirc.

I can't see your IP, address, or anything that's not written by you in your CB profile.

@rockin_rod they might be asking for a second opinion, and/if they're nervous a model might use their info against them or something so they'll find a member more trustworthy.
Thank you. You actually did give the answer part of what I was looking for. If I underrstand what you said here, models can indeed see what I have written in my CB profile. My notification email is indeed shown in my profile, and models can apparently see that. Do you recall if models can click on any of the tabs that show under my profile, like Bio, Personal & Security, Stats, or Memberships?

Would be great if you could expand on what you said about models being able to see what viewers have in their profile. You may know that there are several tabs that can open in the viewer's profile.

Curious why they would ask a moderator that info, and not the model what they themself can see.
Since mods aren't privy to those details, you'd be asking someone who is, and then passing on that info 3rd hand, that you can't fact-check yourself.
Your call of course, but for myself, I'd just reply that I don't know, and leave it at that.
Viewers ask the mods questions like that (in PMs) apparently b/c they are not sure that they will get an honest answer from the broadcaster. That is precisely why I am asking about that here.

Do you recall if models can click on any of the tabs that show under my profile, like Bio, Personal & Security, Stats, or Memberships?
You may be confusing what you're seeing on your own profile while logged into your account. To see what *anyone* (models and members, logged in or not) can see on your profile - which is public - open your profile in an incognito window. Non-CB staff can't see your token stats or memberships with other models, or other sensitive info like that.

Same goes for any site. If you're not sure what's public information, open your profile in a private window.

You may be confusing what you're seeing on your own profile while logged into your account. To see what *anyone* (models and members, logged in or not) can see on your profile - which is public - open your profile in an incognito window. Non-CB staff can't see your token stats or memberships with other models, or other sensitive info like that.

Same goes for any site. If you're not sure what's public information, open your profile in a private window.

Thank you. Think that the confusion is between what is shown under just the "Bio" tab under "My Profile", which the models can apparently see and the really private info that shows under the other tabs that show when users click on "My Profile". The concern is about email address that is shown under the user's "Settings & Privacy" tab as well as other personal info shown under the "Token Stats" and "Memberships" tabs.

BTW, I always access CB with browser set for incognito. And none of the above info can be seen unless one is logged into an active user account.

Viewers ask the mods questions like that (in PMs) apparently b/c they are not sure that they will get an honest answer from the broadcaster. That is precisely why I am asking about that here.
OK but what I meant was, if they don't trust a model to give them a truthful answer, but you then ask models and relay their responses to a viewer, that comes over as factual from you, when it's hearsay.
Course, not saying any of the models here wouldn't tell you straight (as those above already have) but when someone has privacy and security concerns, you'd want to be certain you had given them good info.
So I'd just say IDK. If they have genuine privacy concerns about their activity, maybe a better question is why? Maybe they are thinking a model can see from their profile page what other rooms they've visited and tipped in; they can't.
Easiest solution is to put a password on your room, and only give it to those you want to see it. Otherwise you'll probably end up with hundreds of random followers you've never interacted with.
Also avoid too much stuff in their bio, it's not Tinder (as some seem to think), and avoid detailed location info.

Last edited:
Thank you. Think that the confusion is between what is shown under just the "Bio" tab under "My Profile", which the models can apparently see and the really private info that shows under the other tabs that show when users click on "My Profile". The concern is about email address that is shown under the user's "Settings & Privacy" tab as well as other personal info shown under the "Token Stats" and "Memberships" tabs.

BTW, I always access CB with browser set for incognito. And none of the above info can be seen unless one is logged into an active user account.

You only see the settings and privacy info because you are logged into your account, it's your settings, no one else is able to view / change them. The only thing that shows to someone who isnt you logged into your account is what you see when you are not logged in.

The concern is about email address that is shown under the user's "Settings & Privacy" tab as well as other personal info shown under the "Token Stats" and "Memberships" tabs.

If you're worried, make a throwaway account (CB still doesn't require an email account to sign up), and use it to look at your main profile. It won't look any different to what non-logged in users can see (unless you've restricted a gender to join). We cannot see your email - if we could, we wouldn't ask for it in tip notes when sending content, etc.

Reactions: KingMarti
There are no reputable cam platforms that disclose your personal information to anyone else. Unless you are digging into the google search results for wack cams, the only information given to performers about you (other than what you choose to share) will be information regarding how you have interacted with our account, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.