AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Viewer wants to be MOD.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2020
Hey there,

I have been camming regularly for the past week. And the other day I cam across a viewer that asked me to "maker her the MOD", on asking why she said she said she would get me "More viewers".

I did not do it as it sounded fishy.

What I want to ask is what was she trying to do?
What privilege does a MOD have in chaturbate?
Can a MOD hack my account?

Mods are worthless 99.99999% of the time and usually way more trouble than it's worth if they're the other minute fraction. It's like a weird power trip for those who don't want to tip or just like the title. I don't have any mods anymore unless it's Mr Dani and I haven't had to use him in years. Usually their power is to silence the other members. Some sites allow access to tip menu. Models alone can ban. Sooo I just flat out say thanks but I don't do mods whenever anyone asks even if they tipped. The big tippers just want to enjoy and not try to put up with annoying members. Rule your own room and don't be afraid to ban/silence. My income has only grown since the ban became my best friend.

Mods can't hack your account. Don't give them any info on yours. There's the option to mod them if you click their username.

Probably not an actual girl asking to mod. If you're new, she's probably just saying that she can bring in members so you'll give her mod abilities.

Pretty sure on Chaturbate it's just silencing privileges and a red username instead of the other colors. I don't think they can do much else. Haven't checked in a couple years.

Upvote 0
There is pretty much no point for mods. Plenty of camsites don't have the ability to give members mods, and those models are able to run their room just fine. If you really need a mod, look into bots.

Don't except offers to mod for the exchange of help. You'll get more viewers the more you cam. Stick to a schedule and stay consistent.

Upvote 0
Plenty of camsites don't have the ability to give members mods

Chaturbate can be a bit special in this world and can become very very messy with an incredible dirty chat though...

Pretty sure on Chaturbate it's just silencing privileges and a red username instead of the other colors. I don't think they can do much else. Haven't checked in a couple years.

Yep, It's still like this, and since not so a long time, the broadcaster can edit silences and unmute viewers after any error done by himself or by the mod (in chat parameters "View/Edit Bans and Silences" )
so the technical risk on this point is not so high anymore.

But the most wanted privilege is the red color giving the viewer an importance in your room like "see all, I'm the preferred viewer of this model"
It's a bit a danger : she would feel 'at ease' in your room to have the right to speak loud without tipping, post idiotics 'tip this cuty' gifs, harass viewers to tip and play the "clown mod" thanking every tip and steeling the 1st role in your room.
Most dangerous are whom who figure being managers of the Star role (you) and try to direct models on how to do their job.

All this can kill your show if not well done, you'd better never mod somebody you don't know since long (a regular tipper) and trust a minimum his behavior in your chat.
*especially when he begs to be mod* <= mod beggars should be considered like any beggar asking for free actions and moderated (silenced/banned) imo.

This said, 'good mods' exist though. They can avoid you to repeat all the day the same things, type in chat if your hands are busy and mostly only *moderate* discretely and peacefully the chat. Most of time, the simple presence of a red name in your viewer list is enough to avoid most of grey dumbs. This, in Chaturbate could be a major point.

So, if your chat seems OK to you, not too messy and easy to moderate don't mod her. If you feel overloaded by what happens there, decide by yourself who you will mod picking in your regulars. If he first decline your request to mod you, there's a little chance that he can be not so a bad helper.

Upvote 0
This is already instantly a red flag. A man pretending to be a woman to try to get the title of the moderator.

Even if you do find yourself wanting a moderator, for whatever reason/s, don't 1) Pick the greys, and 2) Those who beg/ask for it. You really need to build a rapport and trust someone to do it.
Most of the ones who go round begging/asking to be one are only in it for themselves, want freebies and try to "give tips" - and by this, they tell you what exactly to do, they literally direct you to their own gain/fetish/fantasy (come closer to the camera now, yeah and stay like that for 10 mins, blah blah).

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I agree , experienced performers do not need a moderator , but for the newbies Chaturbate gets very messy with the bots and I have seen many performers lose lots and lots of tokens by not organising their show properly. A good mod can really help at the start

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I agree , experienced performers do not need a moderator , but for the newbies Chaturbate gets very messy with the bots and I have seen many performers lose lots and lots of tokens by not organising their show properly. A good mod can really help at the start
But newbies rarely attract good mods. It's usually members looking for a power trip or freebies. Best thing newbies can do for themselves is to be in charge of their room and figure out the site ASAP. If anything makes them uncomfortable, ban away.

Upvote 0
On CB, I think a mod can also PM the model without the model initiating the PM first. The only other ways to gain that perk on CB cost money (join fan club, become a “supporter”) so I guess that could be one additional motivation.

I tend to agree with most of what’s been said here. I’ve seen models that clearly needed help moderating their rooms - mostly new models whose chats were so inundated with spammers, creeps and jerks that they stopped trying to silence them all. But more often than that, I see overzealous moderators that detract from the mood of the room.

As a member, I see different types of mods that can kill the vibe in different ways:

- The SuperFan Mod. The guy who is not only the mod, but often also competes with other tippers instead of encouraging them and dominates the chat conversation. Can make it hard to get a token in edgewise, let alone a word.

- The Prestige Mod. Likes seeing his name in red and offers unneeded advice and direction to the room/model.

- The GifMaster Mod. Maybe don’t post the bedazzled “WOW!!!” gif after EVERY tip. :)

- The Open Mic Night Mod. Likes to interject sarcastic remarks about members (usually tip shaming) and thinks it’s funny, but even when not directed at you, it just gives the room an off-putting vibe.

If your mod leans toward any of these behaviors, even if they’re good people and they mean well... they might be killing the vibe for some members, even if nobody openly complains about it.

Upvote 0
On CB, I think a mod can also PM the model without the model initiating the PM first. The only other ways to gain that perk on CB cost money (join fan club, become a “supporter”) so I guess that could be one additional motivation.
A CB mod can PM a model without the model initiating it, yes.

I was suddenly made a mod a while ago in a CB room that regularly had about 5-10 users. It confused the hell out of me since the model obviously "promoted" me because I tipped a lot. It's not uncommon to see rooms with many mods on at the same time, or StripChat models that seems to have rewarded 15-20 hight tipping Gold users with a knighthood. Not sure what they expect from these users.

Upvote 0

I was suddenly made a mod a while ago in a CB room that regularly had about 5-10 users. It confused the hell out of me since the model obviously "promoted" me because I tipped a lot. It's not uncommon to see rooms with many mods on at the same time, or StripChat models that seems to have rewarded 15-20 hight tipping Gold users with a knighthood. Not sure what they expect from these users.

I‘ve had that happen, too. I politely explained that I didn’t plan on doing any actual moderating, but I appreciated the gesture.

I bet some SuperFan Mod types begin this way, though.

Upvote 0

Lmao, on Stripchat, there is this one model, she is awesome and I have mentioned her before on here - about her not taking shit from guys, or rather, she doesn't care if the greys troll her she trolls them back and pisses THEM off lol. She doesn't let any insult bother her, or anything.

This same model literally knights all gold users who go to her room, and you know what? It works most times. they all start to fall in love with her and start tipping her - some only a few hundred, others thousands... She did it with me too, but obviously, I know what she is doing and I told her i understand, but I'm not there for love, etc, but I enjoy her, her show, her humour, etc lol.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I been helping with moderating for a while on CB and a little broadcasting here and here. Like most said its not really needed. Bots can be used to silence greys, people asking about where you live, language etc.

If the person is not threatening or other can't really hurt you can revoke it anytime you wish.

Upvote 0

I tend to agree with most of what’s been said here. I’ve seen models that clearly needed help moderating their rooms - mostly new models whose chats were so inundated with spammers, creeps and jerks that they stopped trying to silence them all. But more often than that, I see overzealous moderators that detract from the mood of the room.

As a member, I see different types of mods that can kill the vibe in different ways:

- The SuperFan Mod. The guy who is not only the mod, but often also competes with other tippers instead of encouraging them and dominates the chat conversation. Can make it hard to get a token in edgewise, let alone a word.

- The Prestige Mod. Likes seeing his name in red and offers unneeded advice and direction to the room/model.

- The GifMaster Mod. Maybe don’t post the bedazzled “WOW!!!” gif after EVERY tip. :)

- The Open Mic Night Mod. Likes to interject sarcastic remarks about members (usually tip shaming) and thinks it’s funny, but even when not directed at you, it just gives the room an off-putting vibe.

If your mod leans toward any of these behaviors, even if they’re good people and they mean well... they might be killing the vibe for some members, even if nobody openly complains about it.

Don't forget.

- The Thank You after every tip Mod.

I have about 35-40 'Mods' on ignore from when I was spending the majority of my non-work time on CB.
Who am I tipping? The mod or the broadcaster?

Nailed it. :)

Reactions: DoD404 and Smoothie
Upvote 0
This same model literally knights all gold users who go to her room [...]
Haha, well good for her! Personally I have no wish to be a knight, do chores and meet random expectations while visiting someone, so I stopped renewing my Gold membership a long time ago. Seems there is no shortage of guys who want a plastic badge and a pop gun anyway.

Upvote 0
Don't forget.

- The Thank You after every tip Mod.

I have about 35-40 'Mods' on ignore from when I was spending the majority of my non-work time on CB.
Who am I tipping? The mod or the broadcaster?

Nailed it. :)

Haha I am the same, I have so many mods (and regular people too) on my ignore list. I am not one to cause problems, I read bios, bots rotating info in the chat, etc
A model I adore and always visit when she is on has this one mod who excessively posts GIFs, and they are not just emoji type ones, they are stupid ones constantly. I mean, ones that are actually off-putting when you're trying to enjoy a model, also he posts a gif of the model who is blowing a kiss every time someone tips, and then HE says "smooches from [model name]"... that to me is just weird as fuck.

Haha, well good for her! Personally I have no wish to be a knight, do chores and meet random expectations while visiting someone, so I stopped renewing my Gold membership a long time ago. Seems there is no shortage of guys who want a plastic badge and a pop gun anyway.

Lmao, yes, it's too much work, and for what? Just sit back, relax and enjoy (and of course tip).
I don't care about feeling/looking special on any camsite, in fact I am the opposite, I want to be as invisible as possible, and tip the model anonymously etc

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Lmao, yes, it's too much work, and for what?
Can't speak for anyone else, but there was certainly nothing in it for me when I was a knight in three different rooms (not at the same time though). I already have a 150% dayjob. That being said, there are some pretty cool knights out there who shepherds the room quite nicely, though most of them are just nagging about tipping and generally behaving like power trip wankers.

Upvote 0
Hey, I just wanted to leave a comment that I found this thread very helpful to learn more about mods and also come up with some basic rules that I would communicate in case I wil mod someone. Which so far with few visitors on cb is not at all necessary. I think though that with higher numbers it can be helpful.

Upvote 0
I have never heard of this mod stuff I mean I've seen it around although some things makes sense now 🤔 but what is a mod should one even bother to be one how do you even become one

Upvote 0
Lmao, on Stripchat, there is this one model, she is awesome and I have mentioned her before on here - about her not taking shit from guys, or rather, she doesn't care if the greys troll her she trolls them back and pisses THEM off lol. She doesn't let any insult bother her, or anything.

This same model literally knights all gold users who go to her room, and you know what? It works most times. they all start to fall in love with her and start tipping her - some only a few hundred, others thousands... She did it with me too, but obviously, I know what she is doing and I told her i understand, but I'm not there for love, etc, but I enjoy her, her show, her humour, etc lol.
curious who she is , becouse i at exaclty the same :))

Upvote 0
of course mods are important on chaturbate , especially if you got a room with over 1000users a time, i cant dance tease and also stay to bann idiots, this is mods job, but i select my mods, i need to trust them, they need to know me what i like and what i agree with and not , and also they need to be tippers to get the respect of others :) i cant image my room without my amazing mods and friends . they keep jerks away, kicking them before i even read the bulshit to get angry :) and also talking to the room, explaining them the rules, making other friends there and so on . a room with lots users without mods is like a jungle . Also mods post the banners, post the menu , i dont need to bother with this , i keep doing my dancing lol

Upvote 0
I have never heard of this mod stuff I mean I've seen it around although some things makes sense now 🤔 but what is a mod should one even bother to be one how do you even become one

A mod is basically the model's "assistant" in the public chat. Only the model can make you a mod(erator), and if/when you become one, your username will be red and you can silence users temporarily. You can also send PMs directly to the model without the model initiating the conversation.

However, and this is IMO important, agree beforehand what your job is and stick to the plan.

Upvote 0
Hey there,

I have been camming regularly for the past week. And the other day I cam across a viewer that asked me to "maker her the MOD", on asking why she said she said she would get me "More viewers".

I did not do it as it sounded fishy.

Damn right it did. Especially if you're American and you are online in the afternoon/evening. Which is when the resident CB trolls + bullies are active. That's their usual line, or claiming that particular user is a moderator for top male cammers. Just lol.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, it's a man catfishing as a woman and he is definitely NOT a moderator to any top male cammer. He desperately wants to be, but most established cammers have banned that person already due to his troll/bully reputation. That's why he always preys on new cammers who don't know any better. And N-E-V-E-R tips. Just saves enough tokens to bypass the no-grey-chat feature.

I always say never mod someone who doesn't tip you frequently and isn't well-behaved. And NEVER mod a grey user. They just want to pm you constantly and get free ticket shows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So to answer the question of "what do mods do?", currently:

- they can silence any user in the room except the cammer and other moderators. They cannot kick anyone out.
- they can pm anyone in the room anytime, including the cammer.
- they can add anyone onto the viewer list for the Crazy Ticket show, even if that person hasn't tipped or bought a ticket. This depends on the settings of the ticket app. The cammer can disable that.

What they get in return: free pm's + free Crazy Ticket shows. The latter also depends on which ticket app the cammer is using. The majority allow it, some don't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: hacking

I can't say for sure whether someone can hack you just through being your mod, because I'm no tech wizard. But you can certainly get hacked if you click on a dodgy link a troll sends you in pm.

And I've also heard stories of people injecting code into the cammer's page to create a popup that looks like it came from CB, like a warning or something. And when the cammer asks the users in the chat if they've seen anything like that before, the trolls will encourage him to click on it. Which is clearly a really bad idea.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.