AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Viewers requesting we set a password show as a number and it'll give us tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2020
Hi all! My girlfriend and I are very new to this whole streaming thing on chaturbate (just started 4 days ago) and we've had several people try to PM us and ask us to set a room password as a number. They were saying that if we set the password as a number then that is how many tokens it takes from them once the show ends. We figured that that wasn't true as it literally says "password shows don't take tokens" but then we had 3 other people message us asking almost the exact same thing, so it is making us second guess ourselves. Did we just ruin our chance at getting a bunch of tokens or were they trying to scam us and we avoided it?

Our chaturbate name is Soahbaby12 and I'd love for any help or advice :) Thank you!!

Hi all! My girlfriend and I are very new to this whole streaming thing on chaturbate (just started 4 days ago) and we've had several people try to PM us and ask us to set a room password as a number. They were saying that if we set the password as a number then that is how many tokens it takes from them once the show ends. We figured that that wasn't true as it literally says "password shows don't take tokens" but then we had 3 other people message us asking almost the exact same thing, so it is making us second guess ourselves. Did we just ruin our chance at getting a bunch of tokens or were they trying to scam us and we avoided it?

Our chaturbate name is Soahbaby12 and I'd love for any help or advice :) Thank you!!

In general, never do a password show. Edit: and those people were trying to scam you

There are some exceptions when it might be a good idea but its generally something you schedule outside your normal show and they pay you in advance.

Upvote 0
In general, never do a password show.

There are some exceptions when it might be a good idea but its generally something you schedule outside your normal show and they pay you in advance.

Okay good to know! But is that how the system works, like how I described it? If I set the password as a number rather than a word and someone joins it using that number, will I get that amount as tokens after? Or was that just a complete scam that they were trying to pull on us and we avoided it?

Edit: oh i see you edited your post. Okay got it! We just found it so odd that several people were trying to do it that way at the exact same time. They were purple names too :( Oh well. Thank you for your help!!

Upvote 0
Seems like a scam people try on newer models.

I’ve only run into one logical use for a password show. A model with a lot of fan club members scheduled a fans-only password show as a perk or a “thank you” to her fan club, which I thought was great.

But otherwise, I only really see new models doing them, presumably because scammers target them with password show requests.

They’re also a terrible user experience for the rest of your visitors. Unlike a private show, a password show essentially kicks everyone out of your room without warning. Private shows at least give you options (hang out and chat, spy for a small fee, etc).

Reactions: oimerle
Upvote 0
Seems like a scam people try on newer models.

I’ve only run into one logical use for a password show. A model with a lot of fan club members scheduled a fans-only password show as a perk or a “thank you” to her fan club, which I thought was great.

But otherwise, I only really see new models doing them, presumably because scammers target them with password show requests.

They’re also a terrible user experience for the rest of your visitors. Unlike a private show, a password show essentially kicks everyone out of your room without warning. Private shows at least give you options (hang out and chat, spy for a small fee, etc).

Okay!! Thank you so much for your advice :) We'll make sure to not do those or entertain the idea of them anymore.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
Don’t be surprised if that user tries another scam tactic now. Such as, make sure you hear the sound of the token/tip. Some have created an image to replicate that of a tip, but you don’t receive tokens for it.
I strongly suggest banning that member permanently from your room, and unless they are using VPN, it will also ban any other usernames associated with that IP.

Upvote 0
those people were trying to scam you
This, yes :) or at least a bad joke xD

Some have created an image to replicate that of a tip, but you don’t receive tokens for it.
And for that, yes, you will see some (though they tend to disappear, images being deleted from site almost as fast they are posted). The difference is easy to do : just notice that the user's name is highlighted in yellow for a real tip. A fake tip can not highlight the user's name.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.