AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Vindictive Viewer Leaves Negative Rating for refusing free PM

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
www.onlyfans.com
Chaturbate Username
hotindiana25
I had an interesting experience today. In the middle of my show a viewer appears and sends "PM me" in a tipnote. I say out loud, "PM is 25 tokens, username"
He responds in a tipnote "try to PM me". I ignore.
He sends another tipnote "last chance, PM me" and I repeat "its 25 tokens for PM, check the bio."
He spends 25 tokens and in the tipnote writes "that's for a thumbs down, keep your PM, thanks."

I looked at this rather shocked, and about 7 seconds later I banned him. My viewers were sweet about this and gave me several positive ratings to cancel out this loser's thumb's down.

My question to you is, how can we prevent incidents like this that just put a dampner on the room?

In the long run, booting assholes probably makes you and your (sweet) regulars become tighter. The internet has an unlimited supply of entitled idiots, so it's likely better to not freak out over every single one of them. There is always that one guy who think rules are not for him. Just show him the door and be done with it.

As a user I absolutely hate these characters who always seems to show up to take out their crappy day on someone else.

You can't, some people are entitled and there isn't anything you can do about it. Support can remove downvotes if you message them.
I had this happen many times. I was successful with support removing 1 downvote, but it took a lot of emails. I had it happen again 2 days ago, and support said they don’t and can not remove them. Very inconsistent replies from CB in regards to this

I feel you. I experience the down votes from entitled a holes on CB quite frequently. I do not PM. 2 days ago a user came in and PM me. I got annoyed, called him out, so he tipped 25 tokens to rate down and say “she wants everything to go her way”. The down vote seems to be the only way they can express power and control over you. I still get upset about it, but I am working at laughing it off, especially knowing it is THEM NOT ME. I know it does NOT reflect me. It’s a reflection of the jerks I encounter daily on CB, and there is a lot of them on that site. I only wish CB would do more to protect models from these unjust ratings. Sadly they do not.

Reactions: ava1992
Hi hotindiana25,

So sorry to hear that happened :( .

I have also had this happen to me with almost the exact same scenario!
I am wondering if there is anything we can do. :(

If it is any comfort, I'm sure most guests understand that trolls have been leaving bad reviews on purpose.
It wouldn't deter me from visiting a cam if they had bad reviews.

Good vibes and positive energy,

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

I had an interesting experience today. In the middle of my show a viewer appears and sends "PM me" in a tipnote. I say out loud, "PM is 25 tokens, username"
He responds in a tipnote "try to PM me". I ignore.
He sends another tipnote "last chance, PM me" and I repeat "its 25 tokens for PM, check the bio."
He spends 25 tokens and in the tipnote writes "that's for a thumbs down, keep your PM, thanks."

I looked at this rather shocked, and about 7 seconds later I banned him. My viewers were sweet about this and gave me several positive ratings to cancel out this loser's thumb's down.

My question to you is, how can we prevent incidents like this that just put a dampner on the room?

• Hugs
Reactions: squirtalot
I feel you. I experience the down votes from entitled a holes on CB quite frequently. I do not PM. 2 days ago a user came in and PM me. I got annoyed, called him out, so he tipped 25 tokens to rate down and say “she wants everything to go her way”. The down vote seems to be the only way they can express power and control over you. I still get upset about it, but I am working at laughing it off, especially knowing it is THEM NOT ME. I know it does NOT reflect me. It’s a reflection of the jerks I encounter daily on CB, and there is a lot of them on that site. I only wish CB would do more to protect models from these unjust ratings. Sadly they do not.

well my viewers pointed out that he did spent 25 tks so I had to have the last laugh. I would like to be outright rude to these jerks but i don't want to unnecessarily attract haters.

Hi hotindiana25,

So sorry to hear that happened :( .

I have also had this happen to me with almost the exact same scenario!
I am wondering if there is anything we can do. :(

If it is any comfort, I'm sure most guests understand that trolls have been leaving bad reviews on purpose.
It wouldn't deter me from visiting a cam if they had bad reviews.

Good vibes and positive energy,

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

Thank you for the positive energy :) My mod and I are going to come up with some coded phrases so that he understands when I want someone silenced without me appearing as the bad guy.

Thank you for the positive energy :) My mod and I are going to come up with some coded phrases so that he understands when I want someone silenced without me appearing as the bad guy.
that's a good example of how to use of a mod :)

Reactions: squirtalot
That is a crappy thing to happen to you. Reminds me of users without tokens begging for a PM about a PVT show...

I also don't understand why a PM seems so important to some people.

I rather hear someone respond in voice not typing out a message on a keyboard.

Reactions: Makko and NotYou
Me neither. If I didn't know any better, I would think they actually had something to say. Maybe they think of it as a free mini pvt or something, where they can do their inane "dirty talk" (with crappy spelling) hidden from the unwashed masses in the public chat. They probably think of themselves as misunderstood and temporarily economically embarrassed geniuses, while in reality they are of course just your garden variety fucking idiots.

On the other hand, quite a few models contact you directly in PM once you start tipping and keeps the conversation (or text moaning or whatever) there. I always thought this was a bit silly because it easily "kills the room". But that's another discussion.

I had an interesting experience today. In the middle of my show a viewer appears and sends "PM me" in a tipnote. [...] He spends 25 tokens and in the tipnote writes "that's for a thumbs down, keep your PM, thanks." [...] about 7 seconds later I banned him. [...]

You can try to get better at spotting this type of entitled idiot and faster (7s is too much) at kicking, ideally do it in the second he tips 25. It's just 2 clicks away for both of you and AFAIK camgirls have faster fingers, so if you beat him to it, problem solved.

You'll get your share of "drama queens, teacher pets, nosy neighbors, rule obsessed party poopers, icky fink crybabies" (an experienced camgirl came up with the types :)) and dealing with them accordingly is important.

Also, in time, I noticed a problem with CB's upv/dnv counters (at least at one big room I follow) so avoiding getting downvotes (as much as you can) is better than trying to deal w them later.

Last edited:
That is a crappy thing to happen to you. Reminds me of users without tokens begging for a PM about a PVT show...

I rather hear someone respond in voice not typing out a message on a keyboard.

They probably screen shot the PM's for some twisted fantasy thinking the broadcaster loves them or something. Otherwise no idea.

Hate pm's. You see it mostly in new model rooms. Often floods of "check my pm", "PM baby!". Ugh. Models having 'Tip xx for pm' actually encourages me to enter their room, cause I know I won't be spammed with 'Hi bb, hru?'
When I start spending, I occasionally get pm's but then it no longer bothers me since, if I spent, I probably like the girl and won't mind some conversation. But I still prefer public chat over pm's.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
spammed with 'Hi bb, hru?'
Just reply them in proper english, and you'll never hear anything ever again. If I ever find out who came up with this language equivalent of pasta overcooked into one giant blob, they're getting a proper wedgie. Twice.

You can try to get better at spotting this type of entitled idiot and faster (7s is too much) at kicking, ideally do it in the second he tips 25. It's just 2 clicks away for both of you and AFAIK camgirls have faster fingers, so if you beat him to it, problem solved.

OMG I did this yesterday! Dark Blue Viewer (again) comes online
Viewer: "pm"
Me & my mod: "its 25 tks, mate"
Viewer in tipnote: "pm"
Me getting suspicious: "It's 25 tks"
Viewer in tipnote: "pm"
Me while banning him: "Bye bye arsehole"

Just reply them in proper english, and you'll never hear anything ever again. If I ever find out who came up with this language equivalent of pasta overcooked into one giant blob, they're getting a proper wedgie. Twice.
This is condescending and quite an overreaction. It's just slang. The reason you probably didn't hear from them again is because you came off as a total asshat and you aren't worth the energy or their time.

Chill out bb.

This is condescending and quite an overreaction. It's just slang. The reason you probably didn't hear from them again is because you came off as a total asshat and you aren't worth the energy or their time.

Chill out bb.

Plus on top, I can understand why the models will talk like this. The biggest reason is that how many times a day do models have to say "hi" to people and ask us (the viewers) "how are you". So I can understand using a lot of shorthand and abbreviations etc. As annoying as it is, and I do really dislike being called "bb" but I do "get it". I think using "bb" is much easier than trying to say/type some people's names, too.

Plus on top, I can understand why the models will talk like this. The biggest reason is that how many times a day do models have to say "hi" to people and ask us (the viewers) "how are you". So I can understand using a lot of shorthand and abbreviations etc. As annoying as it is, and I do really dislike being called "bb" but I do "get it". I think using "bb" is much easier than trying to say/type some people's names, too.
I call everyone bb because I see it as a term of endearment. I think it's cute and adorable, not because it's easier to type.

Also I also enjoy annoying people because I saw a lot of cammodel rants about their distaste for it on Twitter and other forums, and I'm a fucking troll. It's stupid to get annoyed over an abbreviated term of endearment. If you don't like how someone is talking to you, you don't have to converse back. No reason to be petty cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.