AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

VPN slowing down bitrate? is this common?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pretty good internet and have been able to livestream at a high bitrate in the past without any issues (I used to stream sfw stuff on sites like Twitch) without the use of a VPN. But since I recently started camming on MFC I've downloaded NordVPN and realized that it significantly slows down my bitrate. It's manageable whenever I switch to a dedicated ip server with the VPN but I'm just wondering if this is just a common experience or if I need to find a different VPN to use instead? I'm within the 30 day trial period of NordVpn so I can get my money back if I need to switch. So I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a VPN that doesn't alter your bitrate or if this is just what happens with VPNs? I do have the option to get better internet if I need to if that may solve the bitrate issue. Thank you anyone ♡

that's what i figured :/ Would getting better internet allow me to stream at a higher bitrate?
Getting yourself better internet would allow you to stream at a higher bitrate using your connection. But when you are using a VPN you using someone elses connection, so as long as your internet is faster than the VPN exit point you are connected to nothing you do on your end will speed up their connection.

Basically the issue you are having is a limitation of the vpn provider you are using. When you are using a vpn you are using your internet to connect to another computer and doing your browsing through their internet connection. In this case the issue isnt with your internet connection, its with the one you are connected to at the other end of the vpn. The other issue could be how far you are away from the connection point (it takes data more time to travel longer distances)

Some things to try:
Connect to an exit point closer to you.
Try other exit points in general (it could just be that particular one you are using is over saturated, others might be fine).
Change provider

Status
Not open for further replies.