AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Walking Dead

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RufffRider

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 19, 2010
AMC Walking Dead Finally Premiered, What did YOU think? i thought it lived up to the Hype.
Sunday Nights after Family Guy and American Dad you don't even need Tivo, bummer you have to manually change the channel to AMC.

Turned it off after about 15 seconds. I can't handle non HD shows and think that all new shows should be HD. There are very few shows I let it slide with, and it's only because I'm addicted and have no choice. :)

We flipped it back on when it was about halfway through... I thought the zombie makeup looked like it was done by an amateur, and the acting was redonkulous. I wish it was better, I enjoyed the thought of having a zombie series to watch and follow.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
zombie movies are all on a shoe string budget and all about kitsch, but a show about zombies has to be HD :think:
Zombieland Movie has vaulted Undead to the next level and we can't go back?

RufffRider said:
Zombieland Movie has vaulted Undead to the next level and we can't go back?

Yep. It's the future, goddammit. Filmmakers and the like gotta fuckin' get wif it!! :)

I was really excited about this but also felt let down. I don't know maybe it will get better. I'm not really that interested anymore.

I can go out and buy HD equipment. I think a TV Show can afford it. No one will upgrade to HD if all the TV shows are aired in SD only. It's going backwards instead of forwards. The reason computers advance so quickly is because programs advance and ignore the holdouts. Look at Vista, massive increase of system specs than XP. A lot of people got new more powerful machines, so guess what? They made even newer more powerful machines so Crysis 2 will make you buy something even better.

I dont have cable so I missed the show, but my question to all of you is have any of you ever actually read the walking dead? Its not all about the zombies.... its about how the humans are becoming monsters themselves to survive against the zombies as well as each other. It didn't get really interesting until the second story arc, about 5 issues into the series. I don't know how far into the story the first episode got, but I cant imagine they want to eat away all of their source material so quickly. Give it a few episodes, I bet it starts to live up to the hype.

<edit> also, if you completely reject an otherwise good thing based solely on its appearance, (I.E. rejecting a movie or tv show because its not in HD, even if its a wonderfully written and well acted program) you should really be ashamed of yourself. Means you've been spoiled rotten by the wonders of modern technology. :) I know, shocking to hear from a Video Production Major, but like I said looks aren't everything.

What jebbaz said. I think that's why I enjoyed it. I like seeing the mental effects of "the end of the world" on people. I don't care it's not in HD (sorry Amber, lol) and I've just been waiting for a zombie tv show since I was like 10, so I'm overjoyed. The first episode fucked with me on a lot of levels because while I haven't read the graphic novels yet it threw me back to a particular part of "World War Z" that also fucked with me (FYI, read that if you haven't already). And I'm just a softy when there's a kid involved in a shitty situation like a zombie apocalypse.

**** SPOILER ALERT *****

after waking up and going to a friends house to find it occupied by a father and son squatter(what ever that means in a post apocalyptic environment)
all the first episode got to was the sheriff made it to atlanta to get trapped inside a tank
they also showed that his partner and family where alive but ZERO interaction. well no zero they showed that he still had the same marital problems he had before the zombie-pocalypse.

and the deputy's wife is sexing his old partner.

Good to hear the second was better. I'll have to check it out on demand.

I am enjoying it...

but as for the HD battle... I hate HD... I've been fighting tooth and nail with the hubbie to not get it. I just don't like the effects.
Reminds me of when I did film classes, and how obsessed everyone in the class was of making sure EVERYTHING was in focus! Every time I see something in HD, it takes me out of the feel of the film.
But, I'm old school... I like CD's and DVD's, home phones...
I've been fighting a loosing battle about the damn iphone as well! I might just switch my silly dinosaur cell for the iphone just so I can twitter when I feel like it instead of rushing back to my DESKTOP.

so... is the HD battle really something I want to get into on a forum? probably not :p

Anyone else have an issue with the use of the N word? I mean, I swear a lot... but I hate that word and wouldn't have expected it on public tv!

QueenMeadow said:
I am enjoying it...

but as for the HD battle... I hate HD... I've been fighting tooth and nail with the hubbie to not get it. I just don't like the effects.
Reminds me of when I did film classes, and how obsessed everyone in the class was of making sure EVERYTHING was in focus! Every time I see something in HD, it takes me out of the feel of the film.
But, I'm old school... I like CD's and DVD's, home phones...
I've been fighting a loosing battle about the damn iphone as well! I might just switch my silly dinosaur cell for the iphone just so I can twitter when I feel like it instead of rushing back to my DESKTOP.

so... is the HD battle really something I want to get into on a forum? probably not :p

Anyone else have an issue with the use of the N word? I mean, I swear a lot... but I hate that word and wouldn't have expected it on public tv!

While I agree with you about the HD thing (even though I never took a film class in my life) but I think the whole racist thing was to show that even when the world is ending and human beings have a common enemy there's always going to be some people so ignorant to the fact that the color of your skin doesn't matter & want to fight among the people they should be working with to survive. Like racist rooftop guy. Who used a lot of racist slang besides "nigger".

Related:

Taco Vender, carpet muncher, any others? O he calls him boy several times. When the real ZombieApoc happens i will be the guy that shoots him and says.. o he was talking so stupid i thought he was a walker. the are branching out into domestic violence now too, it is a little over the top, but i still like the show.

No spoilers, I promise, mainly because from the show so far telling a spoiler from comic to tv show is basically impossible, but The Walking Dead comics have officially owned me. I am their bitch, bent over a barrel with absolutely no lube. I have basically no care for the tv show after reading only 64 issues. It could end tomorrow I would be like "Meh, I have a few issues left I think(not sure how many there are yet o_o)"

With that said this episode was pretty good. LOL @ stubby racist dude. I'd like to see how they're going to pull this off, if they can. You can only have a limb missing for so long before the fates decide you're pretty goddamn useless. Also, I'd like to see Wife Banging Guy (he wasn't in the comic more than maybe 3 issues so after not liking him in the show at all until now I haven't given two fucks about his name. Shane maybe??) go the way of the comic. It'd be a great start if they want to include ANY of the insanity from it, but so far this show is a very tame, VERY watered down version of the comic.

Frankie, I kind of love you for posting a Louis C.K. bit.

And I keep hearing how fucking spectacular the comics are, and that the show is kind of lame in comparison. I'm currently downloading episode 3 of the show. I've enjoyed it so far, but I kind of hate the music they've used in the series thus far.

I must admit most people are over this show it seems, but because it's so different from the comic I seem to like it even more than I thought it would. On a weird note: they finally included something straight out of the comic. Now lets see how long it takes Wife Fucker to get popped off. :D

I was absolutely in love with the comic books, and I'm not sure about the show I think I like it....at least so far, I'm very flippent when it comes to my zombie programs so who knows when my mind could change. I have very high expectations for this series because I love the books so much, so here's hoping it lives up to it if not I will just re-read the series to get my fix.

Teagz said:
I really liked last nights episode. I've been following the show, just haven't said anything yet. But, I do like it. :)
ya do you think the one handed racist brought the dead to them on purpose? OMG

Teagz said:
I think it's possible but I don't know how he'd do it?

They're attracted to sound. Although I think the other people in the camp would notice had he made an effort to bring them there. Plus if you think about it, they're just outside a major city swarming with the undead. It was bound to happen.

Ah, yes. That makes more sense than stumpy attracting them. Stumpy's brother is getting a lot better as a person, by the way.
Anyways, I'm super excited for Sundays episode. It's the only show I watch that has a new episode this week. Making me a little sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.