AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wanna splitcam on Chaturbate AND MyFreeCams without taxing your computer? CLICK HERE!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarlettPixl

Cam Model
Jul 17, 2017
Mexico City, Mexico
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@ScarlettPixl
Streamate Username
ScarlettPixl
Chaturbate Username
ScarlettPixlOfficial
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/773720/ScarlettPixl/
Ok so this is something I just figured out and could potentially boost both your earnings and exposure!

We all know how difficult is to build up a following on two separate websites and hustle them at the same time. That's why some of us like to splitcam, because it lets us hustle two or more websites at the same time, right?

And that's all fine and dandy because that means more baskets and more money!

...until you realize that you need a VERY powerful computer, more than 2 monitors AND a great upload internet speed to make this possible, and even then, because many sites use Adobe Flash, it becomes a pain in the ass to splitcam and more to manage both rooms.

What if I told you there's a way to cut corners and make this task possible?

Enter restream.io! The platform that can make this easier?

Wait, what the hell is reastream.io? Please explain like I'm 5 how the HELL I can use that thing to make more cash!

ReStream.io is a platform that basically grabs your stream, using the RTMP link and the streaming key provided by your site (Say, Chaturbate, myFreeCams, Streamate, etc) and streams it from THEIR servers. Think of it as a middleman: Instead of you directly streaming into any of the mentioned sites, you stream into ReStream.io and THEY send it to any site you ask them to!

This is the same stuff that lets Twitch streamers do splitcam into YouTube Gaming, Facebook and even Instagram, all at the same time!

The best of all is that you just need ONE instance of OBS running on your computer and the same specs you'd need for just ONE site: Restream.io takes care of sending the feed to every other site.

So how can you make more money anyway?

Simple: If you splitcam into MyFreeCams and Chaturbate at the same time, since both are token sites (Although they have their unique quirks), you can manage both rooms, do your thing and have income from both sites AT THE SAME TIME without taxing your computer!

ReStream.io is free for platforms like Twitch or YouTube Gaming. For this purpose I'm suggesting, the site charges $9 dollars a month per site, but if it increases your chances to make money, it seems like a damn good deal, right?

Ok, Scarlett, how do we do this?

Simple!

* First, Click HERE to sign up for ReStream.io (I suggest you use your cam email address)
* Choose for how many sites you plan to splitcam at the same time
* Once you're all signed up and pay the subscription, you'll see something like this
IQzQjIB.png

* Click on "Add Channel" and go all the way down, you'll find a rectangle that says "Custom platform (RTMP)" with a PLUS sign. Click it!
* It will ask you for your RTMP link and your streaming key from whatever site you wanna use to splitcam.
* Download OBS Studio (If you use xsplit or other software, just replace the RTMP URL & streaming key with the ones given by ReStream.io).
* On OBS Studio, you just have to put the RTMP URL and the Streaming key provided by ReStream.io
* Adjust your OBS settings to your liking, including bitrate, scenes, sources, etc.
* Start streaming!

It REALLY is that simple! The site will take care of sending the signal into whatever site you choose in real time and will even provide you with a preview on their site (As per the sccreenshot).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! And I hope this helped somehow ;)

Huh... that's very interesting. I have questions...

• Might this degrade quality?
  • Will it increase lag? RTT? Where are their servers located? If you live in California and want to get your stream to Seattle asap, if this sends your signal through servers in Romania or someplace, that would surely make things worse, no?
  • Are they friendly to our industry?
  • What sort of security concerns could arise from this, such as allowing secret backdoors to our streams?
  • Is it $9 per simultaneous stream or per each site whether or not you use it? For example, if I work 6 different sites total, but only split 3 per shift, is it 6 x $9 or 3 x $9?
  • Does this only work for sites that use an encoder? I wouldn't know where to find the stream key on sites that don't (MFC, AW, etc).
  • Is it very difficult to switch the stream key? Would this be a huge pain in the ass with SM changing the info every time you restart?

I really hope your not streaming your CB and MFC streams to Twitch and Youtube. :think:

rtmp multicast has been around for a while. FYI at 2 dollars an hour transcoding, you could probable buy a computer for transcoding, and a better internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.