AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Warned for TV

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2021
Cyberland
www.inannaqoh.com
Twitter Username
@InannaQoH
Chaturbate Username
InannaQoH
Thanks to Chaturbate ...

... For a politely worded and informative warning asking me to move my camera a bit, so the TV in the background couldn't be seen..
Easily fixed in 2 seconds.. with the nice popup, instead of being banned then having to unban..

Sometimes when I test stream to myself in a passworded channel,, I don't pay much attention to the rules .. knowing I'm not really live.

Anyway its appreciated / Thanks again..

I test stream to myself in a passworded channel,, I don't pay much attention to the rules .. knowing I'm not really live.

From CB' side you are live. So it's not much of a surprise they'd enforce their rules. And it seems CB monitors all streams, so it's not a good idea to think your offline and private. Thumb nails are also generated for password protected rooms.

Upvote 0
Thumb nails are also generated for password protected rooms.

Really? That’s interesting. I wonder what for (if not just internal CB use).

To the best of my knowledge a password-protected room that is live streaming doesn’t even appear on any pages that would use a thumbnail. For example, if a model is on my follow list and she is online, but she puts a password on the room, the room disappears from my followed models page until she either ends the broadcast or removes the password requirement. Obviously that would remove the need for updated thumbnails of the video, from a customer’s POV.

Is there some other use for thumbnails where creating them for a password show becomes necessary?

Upvote 0
From CB' side you are live. So it's not much of a surprise they'd enforce their rules. And it seems CB monitors all streams, so it's not a good idea to think your offline and private. Thumb nails are also generated for password protected rooms.

Yeah ok.. i better pay more attention then. thanks.

So a question.. Please...
Is TV allowed to be on in its off mode ? Which means it displays the time and scrolls through scenery photos..
Or do I have to turn it into a black screen / really off.
Or perhaps i just need to rearrange my room again and move the dam thing to the other side of the room. Hehe

And I guess I better also go look up all the site's rules again as well, since i'm test multi-streaming to a lot of platforms..
I think a lot have rules about animals, and my dog usually roams around. So i guess i'll have to start locking her out of my room when test streaming.

Upvote 0
Yeah ok.. i better pay more attention then. thanks.

So a question.. Please...
Is TV allowed to be on in its off mode ? Which means it displays the time and scrolls through scenery photos..
Or do I have to turn it into a black screen / really off.
Or perhaps i just need to rearrange my room again and move the dam thing to the other side of the room. Hehe

And I guess I better also go look up all the site's rules again as well, since i'm test multi-streaming to a lot of platforms..
I think a lot have rules about animals, and my dog usually roams around. So i guess i'll have to start locking her out of my room when test streaming.

The TV issue is a copyright issue. If it can be seen on the stream then technically CB is rebroadcasting someone else's copyrighted content, and can be sued by that content owner. So if whatever is showing on the TV appears to be someone else's protected content then they won't allow it (just about any live TV, or any movies or other content commercially produced). Otherwise a TV is just a monitor, in fact all of my "monitors" are TVs since generally TV's are good enough for a monitor, and TV's are typically much cheaper at the same sizes/specs. The same goes true for music, MPAA and RIAA love to sue anyone they think they can get cash from. CB would like to avoid writing that check.

Upvote 0
Although considering how many girls broadcast with music I think they might have let it slide or they made some deal with the music companies in payment for all cb broadcasters.

Upvote 0
Twitch was the same way for years. And then RAA started DMCA on twitch. Suddenly twitch was getting millions of automated DMCA. Not just on streams, but recorded content as well. They ended up purging the whole site of anything with a DMCA. Because they had no tools for to automatically remove the DMCA audio from content.

Upvote 0
Adding to what Lelo1 saids. The short answer is that companies do not want to show up in RIAA's or MPAA's radar. MPAA/RIAA (and I assume the EU equivalent) have teams of lawyers and automated processes to handle submitting the requests and taking companies/people to court has needed, or getting checks written. This is how they make their money, and they have significant experience making money this way. The best plan is to not get on their bad side, hence them warning to TV playing in the background.. And as someone above says, they may have some sort of agreement for the music, or they may not. At best you may not want to "test" what CB and other streamers have for an agreement with these copyright groups. It might all appear to be OK now, but one warning from one of those orgs (or a price increase because there is too much of their content being played in the background) and suddenly the warnings and bannings begin for everyone. Best to not push your luck. Just like CB and the others streamers want to stay off MPAA and RIAA's radar, you don't want to be on your streamers radar for the wrong reasons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.