AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Was this my first scam attempt?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden Peach

Cam Model
Jul 12, 2019
Europe
aidenpeach.com
Twitter Username
@realaidenpeach
Chaturbate Username
aidenpeach
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002811892/Aiden-Peach/
This user tipped for PM in public and then "tipped" in PM but the tips did not register. Was he just pasting text trying to get shit free?

Attachments

• InkedInkedSkärmklipp_LI.jpg
    InkedInkedSkärmklipp_LI.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
It doesn't look like a text.
An usual text can't be highlighted in yellow.
If that's a scam thing, these tips are probably a GIF/picture. Have you clicked on it? If it's a GIF/picture, it must be clickable.
Also, have you heard the sound when tips were coming? When tips are coming, there is always a specific sound unless you completely turned it off. It can be done manually in your chat settings.

One more note: if he actually tipped, he hasn't tipped "in PM". There's no such a thing. He has tipped in an usual way. But since you've had your PM tab open, it has appeared along with your PMs.

Anyway, I'd recommend to recheck your token history. And if there's still nothing, contact the support with all the screenshots you've got.

P.S. All the real tips are appeared in PM (if you're currently having your PM tab open) and in the public chat as well (when you switch back to the public chat).
If it has been appeared in PM tab only, it can't be a real thing.

Last edited:
I was just coming to say the same thing. Your tips would appear in both the PM and the public chat windows.

Reactions: Aiden Peach
Thanks for helping. The tip did not show up in public chat so he was trying to scam me. Only a matter of time I suppose but now I know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beawaresweety
I just took a screenshot of the real tip in a random room.
Now we can compare to yours.

1. font (UPD: not an argument because it seems to be different for mobile and desktop versions).
2. this distance between the end of the word "tokens" and the end of yellow highlight. + the difference in sizing of yellow highlight. 68730418-4139-4114-B30E-ED0C2BD993CD.jpeg17B4A748-2DE1-4A22-97C2-79BC1369BC8B.jpeg

UPD: I'm sorry. We all have been tricked/scammed during our first months on cam. So don't feel like a fool.
Now you know. Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Aiden Peach
2. this distance between the end of the word "tokens" and the end of yellow highlight. + the difference in sizing of yellow highlight.
Just a word of warning; this is not a reliable method as the size of the yellow background and padding around the text is very browser dependent. I just checked a few rooms and the legitimate tips appear exactly like the fake tips here, that is no distance between the end of 'tokens' and the end of the yellow highlighting. The best way to detect fake tips is as you and others have mentioned, the tip sound, and the tips actually showing up in the model's account.

I don't know who reported anallmaster43, but someone did as the account has been banned. 👍

I like to run the bot "no grey graphics", it actually blocks all graphics for me which I'm fine with, but you can play with the settings if you want some allowed. That way, it just shows :tip10 or whatever the name of the graphic is.

Just a word of warning; this is not a reliable method as the size of the yellow background and padding around the text is very browser dependent. I just checked a few rooms and the legitimate tips appear exactly like the fake tips here, that is no distance between the end of 'tokens' and the end of the yellow highlighting. The best way to detect fake tips is as you and others have mentioned, the tip sound, and the tips actually showing up in the model's account.

I don't know who reported anallmaster43, but someone did as the account has been banned. 👍

Thank you! I've never paid any special attention to this thing (when you get some legitimate tips, the last thing you think about is the sizing of yellow highlight, lol).
I'm sorry for a disinformation if there is any.
I guess, all this stuff actually depends on the gadget you use.

But other things are still about right.
1. The specific sound of coming tips.
2. Appearance in PM and in the public chat altogether.
3. Appearance in your token history.

yes, and how would he highlight in yellow his user name ? a fake 'tip text'' is easy, but pseudo in yellow is not possible in my opinion :
I see no way to faint this... or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.