AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wax fetish - is it pain or pleasure?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Wax fetish - is it pain or pleasure?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2017
Europe
daphnymeyer.com
Twitter Username
@DaphnyMeyer
I've never tried it but since I'm a curious person, I looked up on Google to learn more about it and found this article: https://aubreynova.com/post/91882/wax-fetish-is-it-pain-or-pleasure?

For those of you who don't know what I'm asking, you need to know that wax play is a form of temperature play practiced in BDSM world. The idea of wax play is to introduce a slight burning sensation to the skin. But, if you do it the wrong way, it can cause severe burns.

Have you ever tried it? Is it really about pleasure?

wax-play.jpg

It can be both or either. Depending on the kind of wax/ how you respond to pain/ etc.
I think like most things in the BDSM sphere it becomes hard to separate pain and pleasure. They are pretty intertwined.

I've never done it myself, nor with a partner. But, have seen a few models do it, as well as videos. Can be very hot (no pun intended). But, at the same time, I'm not one who likes to give/receive pain in those regards.

Depends on the wax. The really low temp stuff is purely sensation, the higher temp stuff deffinately crosses into pain.

Pain and pleasure can be very very interchangable. I've done it a lot - both at clubs in public settings as well as on cam, and in my private life. I've done it for photography purposes as well as intending to cause pain. It can be a fun way to mind fuck someone who is blindfolded (make sure they've consented to this kind of thing of course) where you make them feel like they've been cut.. or they can't place the sensation.

Some basic info:

You can use sex store low temp candles, (usually soy) for no pain. The next 'level' up where it may cause a slight burning sensation is to use the jesus-jar candles that you get from drug stores etc. These are usually very low temp, and if you use a candle warmer or double boiler to heat the wax you wont have an open flame so you'll have even less chance of burning.

when you drip the wax from a jar candle with a flame in it, it may be more likely to sting (but it shouldn't burn) because the wax is coming directly from the flame. This same principal applies with taper candles. If you do use tapers these are made from all kinds of different burn temps and waxes so be sure the ones you're using are made for wax play. The higher you drop the wax from the longer it has to cool on the way down.

Never use tealites (the wax is often very very hot and the metal casing will burn your fingers) or beeswax. Beeswax will cause severe burns as its a very high temp. Always test candles on the inside of a wrist or similar before using. Skin is different person to person and you may have an allergy or be more sensitive to heat levels . Avoid sensitive areas like your genitals unless you've tested these also. Do not put wax inside your vagina or anus.

Glad to hear the jesus jar candles confirmed as good for wax play. They are really cheap, and while I suppose the imagery might turn some people off, I think it would be rather sexy. I'm also worried with sex shop candles on cam because the flame is so open - in a moment of inattention I might catch my own hair or bedding on fire. I feel like the jesus jar candles are a little more contained and safer in that respect.

Speaking of hair, try not to get the wax in any of your hair. It's a mess at best. Also, once it cools, the wax may pull on some of your little tiny body hairs, even on seemingly smooth skin. I feel like a very conscientious top might consider ways of removing the wax before the bottom cums so the minor discomfort can be added to the heat of the moment. Maybe scraping it off with a knife, if both parties are into that kind of thing? Just a thought... :blush:
(Also, be prepared to remove wax crumbles off your floor. It's pretty difficult to avoid.)

As far as pain/pleasure... yes! Every masochist has a point where pain goes from pleasurable to not, so it really depends on the person and your technique.

Glad to hear the jesus jar candles confirmed as good for wax play. They are really cheap, and while I suppose the imagery might turn some people off, I think it would be rather sexy.

As someone with a massive blasphemy fetish, Jesus candles for wax play are 257% sexy.

I agree with the above posters, especially Miss_Lollipop. It's so important to get the right kind of wax. When my wife and I were just beginning to explore BDSM I bought some rainbow dipped taper candles from this head shop, not knowing they were mostly beeswax. OMG, my breasts had welts all over in little drip patterns. So not sexy!!!

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.