AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2013
Bucharest
camgirl.cloud
Twitter Username
@CamgirlCloud
Chaturbate Username
redglove
There is Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day (and so many other "Days") ... me and some other collaborators think we need a "Webcam Performer's Day" as well.

Why not a special and unique celebration day for camgirls and camboys?!
In this context we've done research and a poll to better choose a specific day.
- year 1991 - first webcam (according to wikipedia)
- year 2001 - first time the term cam-whore (webcam performer) is used (according to wikipedia)

It seams there are no records with a specific date so we can choose a date.
If you have suggestions, please post a date and mention why do you think it is a good day to celebrate Webcam Performer's Day

Most of suggested dates were somewhere in the Summer

Last edited:
I dunno. I feel like if we start giving people their own day based on their chosen profession we're going to run out of days. And as awesome and hard-working as cam performers can be, what makes them more worthy of their own day than nurses, doctors, emergency workers, factory workers, security guards, construction workers, teachers, care workers, retail workers etc?

Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
I dunno. I feel like if we start giving people their own day based on their chosen profession we're going to run out of days. And as awesome and hard-working as cam performers can be, what makes them more worthy of their own day than nurses, doctors, emergency workers, factory workers, security guards, construction workers, teachers, care workers, retail workers etc?
True, and I was thinking the same but I've also found a solution. Did the same issue happened when Mother's Day was chosen officially and internationally celebrated?!
Solution:
- the specific date has to have a "history" behind and I'm not talking about individual history. A reason for which I've kindly asked to add --"mention why is that date the best one"

Smart & Sexy Day has nothing to do with Webcam Performer's Day.
Smart & Sexy Day looks like the beginning of a struggle for emancipation (back in 2007) for females by "a woman can be smart and sexy" --- of course, who said she can't?!
Webcam Performer's Day is more about this specific activity which also includes male performers :)

• Hugs
Reactions: cherrybomb1111
There isn't a single "Mothers day" it is celebrated on different dates all around the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother's_Day#Dates_around_the_world

New Year is celebrated on different dates too -- different cultures different traditions, different calendars, but this is not the point. I didn't asked suggestions for establishing the Mother's Day or any other Day except the one we should have Webcam Performer's Day which is not registered, mentioned or officially dated.
Why is needed, officially and internationally recognized?
Well, I work with adult industry for some time now and in so many countries webcaming is still illegal or taboo, on others countries there is no legal structure to handle this form of activity which falls under any other type of working activity BUT not on its own.
For example in my country there is no webcam performer as object of activity recognized and legalized --- Many studios post adds with "we hire models for internet activity" (or other dumb expressions similar to that).
There are many benefits from this simple step.
-- recognizing the term of webcam performer it automatically removes the terms currently used like:
- cam-whore, cyber prostitution, online prostitution and so many other bad expressions which are not defining this activity by far.
It is way to much to explain right now but I, my collaborators and friends from adult industry will try to make this possible.
I wanted to post this topic on the biggest camgirl forum community because where else should we ask for help and suggestions.

I have to wonder how well this would play out in more conservative areas.

The majority might be willing to allow what they view as "sleaze" to exist in the shadows; it gives them something to look down their noses at, which bolsters their perceived superiority. But if they get wind that their "lessers" are seeking respectability, there may be a pushback.

I have to wonder how well this would play out in more conservative areas.

The majority might be willing to allow what they view as "sleaze" to exist in the shadows; it gives them something to look down their noses at, which bolsters their perceived superiority. But if they get wind that their "lessers" are seeking respectability, there may be a pushback.
Same discussion I had yesterday with some of my collaborators and we all agreed that this "perspective" will always exist with or without any steps or recognition (in any activity). In the balance we've also added some basic human rights, and yes webcam performers have the right to have their own voice. Is this an opportunity for webcam performers to wash some of the bad things people believe they know about this activity? Yes!
Currently "conservative areas" are almost everywhere but if webcam performers don't step up (baby steps) nothing will change, in fact some things will go side-wide very bad. I can give slightly-bad examples if anyone interested (like I've said... I did my homework) -- UK current policy // for more info, access xbiz and related news. US failed with very bad prop 60 (October).
Recognizing the term is the first step.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Currently "conservative areas" are almost everywhere but if webcam performers don't step up (baby steps) nothing will change, in fact some things will go side-wide very bad. I can give slightly-bad examples if anyone interested (like I've said... I did my homework)
I would be interested in hearing examples.

Listen, I get it. You make money off the models who use your services, and you would like for there to be more models making more money and using more of your services. The reason occasions like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Administrative Assistant's Day, and even Christmas, Easter and New Year's are such a big deal is because there's money to be made off people celebrating them.

Given the privacy issues, I don't see what benefit professional models would derive from such a scheme. People willing to pay for sex workers' services already know how to find cam sites. All the additional publicity would do is bring in more freeloaders, clueless wannabes and public attention to an activity that's been thriving in the shadows. Whom would that benefit? Not the models!

If you wanna celebrate "webcam performers", be they PumpkinSpice or Pewdiepie, just support them and leave well enough alone.

I would be interested in hearing examples.
I can give slightly-bad examples if anyone interested (like I've said... I did my homework) -- UK current policy // for more info, access xbiz and related news. US failed with very bad prop 60 (October).
Not to mention the lack of knowledge and misconceived ideas regarding the webcam activity and webcam performers.
For example in Romania, if I am to ask some people (between 30 and 55) what they know about this, most of them will "naturally" link prostitution to this and that's wrong. It's not only on my country.
Like I've already mentioned, is way to much to talk about and the purpose of the topic is lost.

Listen, I get it. You make money off the models who use your services, and you would like for there to be more models making more money and using more of your services. The reason occasions like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Administrative Assistant's Day, and even Christmas, Easter and New Year's are such a big deal is because there's money to be made off people celebrating them.

Given the privacy issues, I don't see what benefit professional models would derive from such a scheme. People willing to pay for sex workers' services already know how to find cam sites. All the additional publicity would do is bring in more freeloaders, clueless wannabes and public attention to an activity that's been thriving in the shadows. Whom would that benefit? Not the models!

If you wanna celebrate "webcam performers", be they PumpkinSpice or Pewdiepie, just support them and leave well enough alone.
Lol, I have no idea what are you talking about or what you think you "get it" ...

I can give slightly-bad examples if anyone interested (like I've said... I did my homework) -- UK current policy // for more info, access xbiz and related news. US failed with very bad prop 60 (October).
Not to mention the lack of knowledge and misconceived ideas regarding the webcam activity and webcam performers.
For example in Romania, if I am to ask some people (between 30 and 55) what they know about this, most of them will "naturally" link prostitution to this and that's wrong. It's not only on my country.
Like I've already mentioned, is way to much to talk about and the purpose of the topic is lost.
307c1c5f1cd791033994657d1f06269f.gif

And it seams we received support and suggestions from XBiz
That's easy. 8/1.

Here's your narrative...

On the 1st of August 2016 the New York Post published nude photos of Melania Trump née K. Several months later when her husband was inaugurated as President of the United States of America it marked the first time in human history that there were nude pictures of a First Lady on the internet. We feel that it was a great forward step of progress as it proved that it's perfectly acceptable for women to get naked show off their hotness. Even if they have aspirations as high as the White House, So in honor of not only the First Lady Trump but also of the New York Post for choosing to exercise their freedom of speech in the face of criticism, we declare 8/1/2017 as the first ever....

http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/
August 1st - one option

If you're trying to separate camming from other forms of sex work, why would you celebrate a day revolving around a former nude model who has never cammed...?

This whole thing seems weird. And trying to link it to Melania is both tacky and completely removes focus from cam models, lol.

If you're trying to separate camming from other forms of sex work, why would you celebrate a day revolving around a former nude model who has never cammed...?

This whole thing seems weird. And trying to link it to Melania is both tacky and completely removes focus from cam models, lol.

Prostitution is another form of sex-work right? -- with that, comes bad things too like human trafficking.
I was trying to dissociate so many bad things with adult videochat and put some sort of respect for the name of webcam performer. Is a very bad thing to try I see!

Who said I wanted to link the date around a former nude model who has never cammed...?
I received suggested date as is and not as what actual happened in that day --- it is not Melany's nude shooting Day or is it?!
I'm sure somewhere in the world someone tripped and broke their ankle ...
I didn't receive any other suggestions to choose from so ...

Anyway it seams this is a very bad idea, trying to change the webcam-whore, cam-sluts into webcam performer is not a camgirl's/camboy's problem.... they are fine with both expression, narrow minded concept and definition.
If all camgirls/boys are ok with that, I don't mind

Last edited:
Prostitution is another form of sex-work right? -- with that, comes bad things too like human trafficking.
I was trying to dissociate so many bad things with adult videochat and put some sort of respect for the name of webcam performer. Is a very bad thing to try I see!

Who said I wanted to link the date around a former nude model who has never cammed...?
I received suggested date as is and not as what actual happened in that day --- it is not Melany's nude shooting Day or is it?!
I'm sure somewhere in the world someone tripped and broke their ankle ...
I didn't receive any other suggestions to choose from so ...

Anyway it seams this is a very bad idea, trying to change the webcam-whore, cam-sluts into webcam performer is not a camgirl's/camboy's problem.... they are fine with both expression, narrow minded concept and definition.
I mean yeah maybe leave it up to sexworkers to champion our own causes that we actually care about, or be more open to our input instead of being argumentative about it when we give critiques of your idea. The last paragraph of your last reply sounds so salty. :emo:

I mean yeah maybe leave it up to sexworkers to champion our own causes that we actually care about, or be more open to our input instead of being argumentative about it when we give critiques of your idea. The last paragraph of your last reply sounds so salty
From 2007 I got "involved" with adult industry (not resuming to camming activity, models).
I don't see critics here, only opinions based on experience and like everyone else I have the right to have my own opinion without being disrespectful to anyone and mocking anyone.
Like I've mentioned, its a bad idea to think out of the box even for a second :)
Useless topic

There's nothing wrong with thinking "outside the box", but you need to understand completely what's inside the box first.

First of all: Would adult cam performers, or their children, or their friends or families or co-workers in civilian jobs really benefit from additional mainstream attention? Do models complain about a lack of mainstream attention or do they tend to express concerns about protecting their privacy? The media, mainstream or otherwise, care nothing for what is best for cam models or any sex workers, only what brings in readers or viewers. We already saw what can happen when academics start thinking they need to bring camming to the world's attention and gain models some "respectability".

And things can get more serious. If, for example, there started to be a public discussion of cam girls in Russia, how do you think that would turn out given the situation there? Is it not better for those models that things are kept relatively quiet?

Secondly: There are a lot more "webcam performers" than just models on adult sites. Twitch streamers, for instance, play games; that's their gimmick. But what makes them popular is that viewers see them on cam and interact with them in a way that's very similar to what you see on MFC. And what about YouTube vloggers? They may not livestream, but they're still performing on cameras on the web.

A "holiday" (and I use that term loosely, mainly because I don't think it would catch on in a big enough way to qualify) would not open the closed narrow minds. Cam models would still be shameless, immoral whores to these people.

There's nothing wrong with thinking "outside the box", but you need to understand completely what's inside the box first.

First of all: Would adult cam performers, or their children, or their friends or families or co-workers in civilian jobs really benefit from additional mainstream attention? Do models complain about a lack of mainstream attention or do they tend to express concerns about protecting their privacy? The media, mainstream or otherwise, care nothing for what is best for cam models or any sex workers, only what brings in readers or viewers. We already saw what can happen when academics start thinking they need to bring camming to the world's attention and gain models some "respectability".

And things can get more serious. If, for example, there started to be a public discussion of cam girls in Russia, how do you think that would turn out given the situation there? Is it not better for those models that things are kept relatively quiet?

Secondly: There are a lot more "webcam performers" than just models on adult sites. Twitch streamers, for instance, play games; that's their gimmick. But what makes them popular is that viewers see them on cam and interact with them in a way that's very similar to what you see on MFC. And what about YouTube vloggers? They may not livestream, but they're still performing on cameras on the web.
First helpful and on topic reply, thank you.
Nate has posted a good reply to this (on xbiz) and I will not add my own because I agree with Nate's :)
@Sevrin - the main idea for all this "mess" was to change how a very large percent of ppl sees this activity without being a consumer of this product, because like i've already mentioned camgirl=online prostitution and that's a bad concept.
Its not about how commercial can be, its not about if I sell a product or not, its not about exposing, its about refreshing the image of the widest segment of sex-workers.

Man. These mens are so right. We need a day so we can make our own decisions about what we need. Just on that day we will be able to do whatever we want. They have saved us. I am just so grateful for the random dudes who come here and tell us what we need. I am just so happy. I can't wait to have a day for me.

As a cam hoe, every god damn day is webcam performers day. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Your hangups about being a consumer of something people consider "online prostitution" won't be solved by creating a random day, lol.

Also where are you getting the idea that cam models are the "widest segment" of sex workers...?

Ari Dee - xbiz
December 17th was International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers and March 3rd is International Sex Worker Rights Day!

...yes? The vast majority of veteran cam girls are well aware of these two days. They're great! I tweet about them! I talk about them in my cam room! Some girls do fundraising efforts for SWOP and other great SW organizations on those days! Huzzah! We already have days! We are all sex workers! We don't need our own camming parade!

Sorry for the overuse of exclamation points but I'm trying to drive something home here—those two awareness days are fabulous and great and I love them and we don't need our own day—to have a "webcam performers day" is just adding to the goddamn whorearchy.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
You just gave me a facepalm and are complaining about facepalms? Alright.

I have no clue what the relevance of your link is, but you said cam models were the "widest segment of sex-workers", and your article doesn't address that. If you have a better article, I'd genuinely appreciate seeing it.

I encourage you to "do a research" on why your claim is pretty hard to back up. Sex workers are hard to track because it's a transient job, not every sex worker called themselves a sex worker, there are so many avenues it's hard to find all of us, even defining what does and doesn't count as "sex work" is difficult. I would guess that full-service sex workers make up the widest segment of sex workers *but* that is much harder to quantify and anyone who claims they've got a good number is usually estimating or extrapolating a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.