AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam keeps kicking me offline for MFC and Chaturbate, Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017
Occasionally, when I'm camming on either MFC or Chaturbate, the websites have a problem of kicking me offline randomly with me having to manually go back online. Sometimes it says reloading cam out of no where too. I don't know if this thread is in the right place for this question but could someone help me out? Would greatly appreciate it!

Yep sounds like your Internet is having hiccups. :) This is exactly what would happen to me on MFC when we were having WiFi connection issues.

It could be your Internet connection. If you can, upgrade your package. If you are on WiFi, switch to a wired connection. Close any other programs and just have what you absolutely need to stream open. Good luck :)
The problem is I stream from my college dorm room. Any suggestions to that?

That's your problem. College WiFi is usually pretty terrible. If you can, I'd suggest getting some kind of portable internet device or tethering your phone (but charges are going to be high for your phone). If you have a spot to wire in your laptop in your room, use it! It seriously makes such a difference and is more reliable.

Reactions: Gen
First step would be to plug in directly instead of using WiFi if that's even possible. But outside of that, if you don't have control of your ISP then you may be short on options.

I know if I use my Verizon iPhone as a hotspot I get decent speeds but it won't be a surefire fix, and it could be pricey.

Like multiple people have suggested. If there is ethernet, plugin.
Are you using a VPN?
Have you tried moving the computer around the room?
What wifi standards do they support? AC, N? G?

A few things..

are you actually using wifi? and if so how many bars signal?

are you actually getting disconnected? e.g skype and other things will also drop offline

Go in speedtest.net and see what sort of speeds you are getting.

Make sure your browser is updated and your flash is current

Status
Not open for further replies.