AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam Positioning and ManyCam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LenaSexton

Inactive Cam Model
May 4, 2016
California
Twitter Username
@Lena_Buttafly
MFC Username
LovelyLena
Streamate Username
LenaSexton
Hey Ladies! How do you have your webcam positioned? I always watch other cam girls to get ideas and inspiration. While I notice many of us appear to have our cams in a stationary position and zoom in and out. For those of you who move the cam around more how are you doing that? Are you holding your cam in your hand and moving it? Repositioning your laptop (if you're using one)? Are you using an actual tripod of some sort? Which do you think the majority of members prefer... a stationary setup with you moving around but the cam stays in the same place or a more dynamic setup where you are moving the cam around?

My current cam set up stationary with my cam perched on top of one of my monitors, since I have a desktop computer. My main cam does have a USB extender, so it can move around. I just rarely ever move it. I have two webcams, but I rarely use the other since it is an older model. I actually want to get another cam that is as good as the one I use the most, but I think I should work on upgrading my hardware first.

Also, do any of you use ManyCam? I used it before years ago, but out of curiosity I looked at their site again and notice they've made some pretty good upgrades. I wonder how resource heavy it is, because if it is one thing that I am finding out is that my older computer cannot running OBS without completely locking up.

I'm just wondering if it would be a nice alternative until I can resolve my hardware issues.

Reactions: dickwow99
Ive always used a tripod since it's easier to adjust, and I think at some point I'll want to get a slider so I can move my camera from side to side without having to move the whole tripod
I didn't know that a camera slider actually existed! I looked it up on Amazon. Looks pretty cool actually! I may have to add that one to my wishlist.

I use an extendable arm and I can turn, rotate and bring camera closer or move it away. I think it is meant for microphones. I found it on amazon for $30 or so dollars. I like it much better than a tripod bc I can extend it over the bed for close-ups
I never thought about using that, but that is a very good idea. I actually have one of those, but it never occurred to me to use it that way.... 🤔:think:

I use an extendable arm and I can turn, rotate and bring camera closer or move it away. I think it is meant for microphones. I found it on amazon for $30 or so dollars. I like it much better than a tripod bc I can extend it over the bed for close-ups
I remember before when I had my webcam I found an arm that had a ring light and a place to put your webcam right in the middle, and then it sold out before I could buy 🙃

This!

Back when I was operating on a bed/floor I had a regular tripod.
Then when I was on a desk with a laptop, I had the webcam on top of the laptop and just pulled it off and set it on the desk/etc when I wanted closeups or other angles.

But having a cam on the extendable arm attached to the desk is pretty awesome.

I also use an extendable arm! A while back I was watching one a webinar with Ramona Flour & Nikki Night, one of the things mentioned was webcam positioning. I believe it was Nikki that mentioned that changing your angle keeps your show interesting, and changed her angle. I remember the immediate fascination with being able to see a different part of her room, and realized that it immediately worked 😄 I use the extendable arm to do 3 main positions - 1, sitting on the bed, from thighs to top of head. This position works for standing in front of the bed and stripping too. 2, putting the camera lower and aiming it up for upskirt position - guys love this for twerking! And 3, pulling it forward above and over the bed to get a good angle when I'm laying down. This all works for my setup and room of course, but I do try to keep my show interesting by giving it just a little less of a static appearance 😊

i move around a lot in my shows. i hate staying stationary. cannot sit still. i always used an usb extention cable and a lightweight tripod. recently i got sick of moving and adjusting the tripod to get specific angles, so i got a flexible tripod for a phone. ive only used it for about a week, and i love it so much more. able to have my webcam in more stable positions than i could before.

my desk cant do an extendable arm. or i havnt found one yet that will fit with my desk.

Hey Ladies! How do you have your webcam positioned? I always watch other cam girls to get ideas and inspiration. While I notice many of us appear to have our cams in a stationary position and zoom in and out. For those of you who move the cam around more how are you doing that? Are you holding your cam in your hand and moving it? Repositioning your laptop (if you're using one)? Are you using an actual tripod of some sort? Which do you think the majority of members prefer... a stationary setup with you moving around but the cam stays in the same place or a more dynamic setup where you are moving the cam around?

My current cam set up stationary with my cam perched on top of one of my monitors, since I have a desktop computer. My main cam does have a USB extender, so it can move around. I just rarely ever move it. I have two webcams, but I rarely use the other since it is an older model. I actually want to get another cam that is as good as the one I use the most, but I think I should work on upgrading my hardware first.

Also, do any of you use ManyCam? I used it before years ago, but out of curiosity I looked at their site again and notice they've made some pretty good upgrades. I wonder how resource heavy it is, because if it is one thing that I am finding out is that my older computer cannot running OBS without completely locking up.

I'm just wondering if it would be a nice alternative until I can resolve my hardware issues.

Hello LenaSexton
You can try to use additional software and connect your Phone to your PC like a webcam through wifi. I'ts help you to move you camera without any restrictions like the lenght of your webcam cable and etc...

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: LenaSexton
I use a little bendy tripod on my desk. I have a standing desk that I raise and lower depending on what I'm doing. And I have a laptop stand from ikea (don't think they sell them anymore but it's this) that I can put the tripod on and move around for even lower angles, or if I am moving from my desk to couch or something. It has taken me approximately 1000 years of camming to figure this setup out. I am always tweaking things though. I use one of those arms for my mic, never thought about putting my cam on it! Hmm.

When I live cam, it's on streamate. While I don't move the cam around tooooo much in free chat (I don't do gold shows, non-nude femdom in excl only kind of hustle so I'm usually not really trying to be that interesting in free at ALL), I DO move it in almost every single paid session to some capacity.

• Helpful!
I also use an extendable arm! A while back I was watching one a webinar with Ramona Flour & Nikki Night, one of the things mentioned was webcam positioning. I believe it was Nikki that mentioned that changing your angle keeps your show interesting, and changed her angle. I remember the immediate fascination with being able to see a different part of her room, and realized that it immediately worked 😄 I use the extendable arm to do 3 main positions - 1, sitting on the bed, from thighs to top of head. This position works for standing in front of the bed and stripping too. 2, putting the camera lower and aiming it up for upskirt position - guys love this for twerking! And 3, pulling it forward above and over the bed to get a good angle when I'm laying down. This all works for my setup and room of course, but I do try to keep my show interesting by giving it just a little less of a static appearance 😊
I had the same response! Ppl love it and they can make requests for different angles. I also found that I can make my ass pop when I move the arm. It's a whole new world of camming. I can easily move between the bed and desk with little effort.

Thanks for this thread! I cam in a really cramped space so I usually move my webcam around and just set it on things 😅 I try to keep it in the general vicinity of my laptop because otherwise I will forget to point my face in the right direction 😂

which extendable arms are y’all using? If anyone had a visual example id be much obliged. Im on mobile so I might have missed it. Is it like this?

Edit: I cant get links to work on mobile :(B8C77055-DF43-4B59-BB09-05B40952D28E.jpeg

I have several cam options and have usually 4 cams ready to go on OBS. I'm buying the new canon DSLR when it comes out end of November and I got this boom for it as it'll be my main one
Screenshot_20201029-200616.png

I currently use a combo of tripod, one very similar to @thinkinboutit 's pic and one clamp that has a bendable snake arm instead of the rigid arm and a specialty cam that's handheld.

Not a model, so probably different as I don't need to move around as much as you would. But, I found some camera/phone stands a few years ago made by Joby. Sadly, they're no longer made but they are amazing. Two different sizes, one for cell phones and the other for DSLR camera. I prefer these over the weird looking flexible leg models ones.

I use the small one on my C920, with the stand folded up when it's on the top of my monitor. The other has a spring loaded mount for holding my cell phone (I use this mostly while on planes/traveling to watch movies or facetime/skype with friends.

joby-micro-800-tripod-gray_1.jpg

41NVhCdVBYL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Phone mount setup:
Joby-GripTight-Micro-Stand.jpg

While Joby no longer makes those specific models, it looks like they have a different style now:

• Helpful!
Reactions: thinkinboutit
Status
Not open for further replies.