AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam sites and sociopath behaviors!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2016
France
I have a question for models And members particularly members!

I've seen and even contributed to the tread about narcissic behaviors, but i was thinking about an awful category of peoples sociopath.

Peoples who absolutely wants to get a total control on your minds.
A members who was acting friendly but after tried to control your online life and real life and turned evil and took time before let you in peace.
Or a model who independantly of tokens wants to control her member's life and mind and being bad against them.

Have you ever been confronted to this case?

PS:I'm not doing academical researches it's just curiosity

I know it's pretty standard fare and not necessarily sociopathic, but I always get a really gross feeling from the "nice guy" members who claim to only want the best for you, admire you for your intelligence, just want to get to know you, and so on, and then turn every topic of conversation to sex. "Oh, you like reading? Do you ever read...erotic stories? You like classical music? I had a girlfriend who used to finger herself to Beethoven, do you ever do that?"

Like I said, pretty standard but, while I don't find it surprising, it still makes my stomach turn every time it happens. I think they're worse than the dudes who storm your public chat with "open ur ass bb," because at least those type are up front with their intentions and are much easier to weed out.

I know it's pretty standard fare and not necessarily sociopathic, but I always get a really gross feeling from the "nice guy" members who claim to only want the best for you, admire you for your intelligence, just want to get to know you, and so on, and then turn every topic of conversation to sex. "Oh, you like reading? Do you ever read...erotic stories? You like classical music? I had a girlfriend who used to finger herself to Beethoven, do you ever do that?"

Like I said, pretty standard but, while I don't find it surprising, it still makes my stomach turn every time it happens. I think they're worse than the dudes who storm your public chat with "open ur ass bb," because at least those type are up front with their intentions and are much easier to weed out.

I understand you! It's not sociopathic but manipulative. Using everything you said to turn it into a sex conversation. It's a kind of vicious "I'm not like the other member"

I understand you! It's not sociopathic but manipulative. Using everything you said to turn it into a sex conversation. It's a kind of vicious "I'm not like the other member"

Manipulative is exactly the word I was looking for! Like, the girls and the members both know why they're there and it would be kind of precious to assume/believe otherwise. But it's just like...dude, I've heard it before. I'm never going to fall in love with you. You don't have to feed me lines to get me naked, feed me tokies and just be cool and we will both have a much better time.

Manipulative is exactly the word I was looking for! Like, the girls and the members both know why they're there and it would be kind of precious to assume/believe otherwise. But it's just like...dude, I've heard it before. I'm never going to fall in love with you. You don't have to feed me lines to get me naked, feed me tokies and just be cool and we will both have a much better time.
Most of them are ashamed I think and try to bring some poetry. The "fall in love" stuff I don't think peoples really wants it it's more a ego problem like "This girl is beautiful if I could seduce her I would more self-respecting me".
My ex-boss (and "friend") each times he was seeing a beautiful girl he wanted to have sex with her, and he was yelling I am an entrepreneur somebody who decides she won't refuse to have sex with me" and he was getting mad when a each time a girl didn't want. Of course it's a real-life example (it wasn't online girl) but after i' spent one year in livejasmin his way to consider women remind me member you're talking about

Being a sociopath doesn't automatically make you awful.

From a model perspective:

The behavior you describe is common of a lot of members.i believe it's a human trait overall. I've had guys get manipulative and try to take control because they feel entitled to that control. I give an instant ban regardless of how much they've contributed or how otherwise "nice" they are. I didn't start that way. I had a member who spent months controlling and dictating what should be done in my room. He often would use my fake real name to try and manipulate me and guilt me over how much he spent on him. He would get controlling g over what I would do in my real life, if I had to take off a night due to illness he would focus on how much he missed me since yesterday and how much I should just work anyways. If I went out with friends and said something he would get jealous and mean. Because he genuinely believed I was a type of possession bought and paid for. His behaviour affected my mood on and off cam but I felt so bad because he spent so much on me I didn't ban him. Then I was given confidence and reassurance by model friends to take care of myself. Banned. Realised how he was affecting me and my room felt the bad vibes disappear with this dudes ban. Now established members get a single warning. News instant ban.

As a model engaging with members I am very manipulative with femdom. My vanilla cam I tried to avoid it at all costs. Anywhoot I often will manipulate and actively work to make my boys feel unworthy and that they have to do more. But it's part of their consenting fabtasy.

I would say it's almost too hard to discern entirely sociopathic behavior from interactions in the camming realm. Too much mixing between different personality traits and the thin lines that separate them.

For instance, manipulation isn't just used by type of person. In fact, I think we all manipulate people in some fashion or another. But I think the difference is the motivation behind it and how the act of consciously manipulating someone affects us, what were manipulating them for and how we go about it.

In any event, I don't think I've met a full on sociopath in camming.

*Takes quiz for fun*
"You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 50.45% of people who have taken this test. You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 86.46% of people who have taken this test."
:eek::eek::eek:

"You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 91.11% of people who have taken this test.
You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 86.46% of people who have taken this test."

it's not a hard test to get the result you want in :p

• Helpful!
Reactions: Booty_4U
Ha, beat this:
You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 98% of people who have taken this test.
You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 96.75% of people who have taken this test.

Looks like I did one question wrong. Anybody manage to score over 99%?

Ha, beat this:
You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 98% of people who have taken this test.
You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 96.75% of people who have taken this test.

Looks like I did one question wrong. Anybody manage to score over 99%?

damnit
primary 98%
secondary 71.45%

that was trying my best to fail it! p96.79% s96.75% on another try. grrrr well done to you!

The basis for anyone with Antisocial Personality Disorder (Sociopaths) is a disinterest in following laws or normal rules of behaviour, and a lack of remorse. Their victims tend to be schizoid and schizotypal personality types due to their poor social skills. For models with antisocial disorder, camming can really suit them as they can take what they want from others without consequences.
Out of interest, schizoid types can be very dangerous when upset and are quite common in members....the typical quiet type holding deep aggression and fantasies of violence.

In the cam world warning signs for sociopaths include those who have done jail time, those who lie/ hustle/ use blackmail/ steal, use violence/ aggression, and are impulsive/ irritable/ irresponsible.

The OP was asking about manipulation, there are quite a few disorders that express themselves via manipulation. Most of the time these will be narcissists, histrionics, or borderlines in the cam world.
Those with Borderline can be very controlling and can lose touch with reality, models should avoid this type by setting clear boundaries, they will be very disruptive. They will tend to be impulsive/ unstable, and their language very extreme, warning signs come as 'emotional storms'.

With more controlling types, look to paranoid disorder, warning signs include a strong lack of trust. There is not much place for it in the camming world, and you won't stop anyone experiencing that kind of anxiety with words.

Psychopaths were mentioned, they like to be in charge, tend to earn good money due to their lack of empathy in getting to the top, so are common in wealthier members. They will have little regard for anyone, and enjoy hurting people at times. In the cam world they control as a game, make it boring for them and they will move on.

I think we should also separate control/ manipulation games used in the cam world for entertainment/ titillation. If the game is done right you won't see much difference between a fake and the real thing. Personally avoiding such games would be boring as it would take out most fetish play.
If you are a vulnerable type or knowingly playing with vulnerable types you just need to use caution and look out for other people where you can.

Being a sociopath doesn't automatically make you awful.

From a model perspective:

The behavior you describe is common of a lot of members.i believe it's a human trait overall. I've had guys get manipulative and try to take control because they feel entitled to that control. I give an instant ban regardless of how much they've contributed or how otherwise "nice" they are. I didn't start that way. I had a member who spent months controlling and dictating what should be done in my room. He often would use my fake real name to try and manipulate me and guilt me over how much he spent on him. He would get controlling g over what I would do in my real life, if I had to take off a night due to illness he would focus on how much he missed me since yesterday and how much I should just work anyways. If I went out with friends and said something he would get jealous and mean. Because he genuinely believed I was a type of possession bought and paid for. His behaviour affected my mood on and off cam but I felt so bad because he spent so much on me I didn't ban him. Then I was given confidence and reassurance by model friends to take care of myself. Banned. Realised how he was affecting me and my room felt the bad vibes disappear with this dudes ban. Now established members get a single warning. News instant ban.

As a model engaging with members I am very manipulative with femdom. My vanilla cam I tried to avoid it at all costs. Anywhoot I often will manipulate and actively work to make my boys feel unworthy and that they have to do more. But it's part of their consenting fabtasy.
Sociopath are people who are empty inside and take try to eat their inner energy by controlling them destroying their self respect.

I think about the guest trolling of course. But members who tryes to use personnal information some model give to them (secret dream secret thought,...)
Or models doing the same to members downing members by pure plaisure noteven because of they're asking for free stuff or rude

I've read a lot about psyho/sociopaths and I think it would be hard to discern them online, as a lot of warning signs are in their body language.

I'm just happy when I come accross someone rude/showing antisocial or narcissistic personality traits in camming I can just go BYE BYE ban hammer.

They're worse irl.

I've read a lot about psyho/sociopaths and I think it would be hard to discern them online, as a lot of warning signs are in their body language.

I'm just happy when I come accross someone rude/showing antisocial or narcissistic personality traits in camming I can just go BYE BYE ban hammer.

They're worse irl.
Hard to avoid them in real life. But online (i think more about facebook instagram twitter and youtubd) they're awful too

Sociopath are people who are empty inside and take try to eat their inner energy by controlling them destroying their self respect.

this sounds like an incredibly self-serving and non-academic definition. 'citation needed'.
you really say more about yourself than the world when you speak like this; it's not educating anyone.

this sounds like an incredibly self-serving and non-academic definition. 'citation needed'.
you really say more about yourself than the world when you speak like this; it's not educating anyone.
Not talking about myself now.
Not self-serving, i've mentionned my ex boss earlier (who's not a sociopath) to illustrate something.
I'm french, sociopath in my country are called "pervers narcissique" and are defined are peoples who are referred are people without emotion who feeds themselves with peoples emotion.
The american definition is more developped by the way but i didn't think about quoted this.

On a personal level i've never been confronted by sociopath on webcam site even on any part of the Internet.

You can accuse me of being lazy by the way i'll correct this.
Antisocial Personality Disorder results in what is commonly known as a Sociopath. The criteria for this disorder require an ongoing disregard for the rights of others, since the age of 15 years. Some examples of this disregard are reckless disregard for the safety of themselves or others, failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors, deceitfulness such as repeated lying or deceit for personal profit or pleasure, and lack of remorse for actions that hurt other people in any way. Additionally, they must have evidenced a Conduct Disorder before the age of 15 years, and must be at least 18 years old to receive this diagnosis.

People with this disorder appear to be charming at times, and make relationships, but to them, these are relationships in name only. They are ended whenever necessary or when it suits them, and the relationships are without depth or meaning, including marriages. They seem to have an innate ability to find the weakness in people, and are ready to use these weaknesses to their own ends through deceit, manipulation, or intimidation, and gain pleasure from doing so.

They appear to be incapable of any true emotions, from love to shame to guilt. They are quick to anger, but just as quick to let it go, without holding grudges. No matter what emotion they state they have, it has no bearing on their future actions or attitudes.

They rarely are able to have jobs that last for any length of time, as they become easily bored, instead needing constant change. They live for the moment, forgetting the past, and not planning the future, not thinking ahead what consequences their actions will have. They want immediate rewards and gratification. There currently is no form of psychotherapy that works with those with antisocial personality disorder, as those with this disorder have no desire to change themselves, which is a prerequisite. No medication is available either. The only treatment is the prevention of the disorder in the early stages, when a child first begins to show the symptoms of conduct disorder.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

that's a bit strange to me. most of the successful sociopaths I know are quite sociable, able to plan their goals and easily manipulate and use others towards their ends.

maybe the research suffers from a selection bias, in the same was as if you only study criminals who go to jail, you'll have a skewed comprehension of the diversity of minds and characters of criminals.

Reactions: JGenius
that's a bit strange to me. most of the successful sociopaths I know are quite sociable, able to plan their goals and easily manipulate and use others towards their ends.

maybe the research suffers from a selection bias, in the same was as if you only study criminals who go to jail, you'll have a skewed comprehension of the diversity of minds and characters of criminals.
The sociopath are very sociable in appearance you're right.
But after it's hard to define them not everibody is agree on some points.

Status
Not open for further replies.