AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Website Measures Use Of Homophobic Language On Twitter

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I clicked on it, it showed me four tweets -- two of which were using faggot as an insult, two of which were positive. It's hard to say it measures homophobia when it doesn't distinguish for context (that I could see).

That site...is not doing a good job with what it intends.

90% of the "So Gay" tweets were women tweeting stuff like, "I am so gay for my gf".
And about half of "faggot" were gay men talking about irl abuse being hurled at them.

It's not specific words that are the problem. It's HOW the words are used.

I could tweet about burning fags and destroying dykes without being a horrible person. Both words have totally different and innocuous meanings.

The real problem comes from harassment, not simple word usage.

Society suffers from an abundance of food.

What a comically misguided website. The technical aspects and inaccuracies having already been touched on, check out the stupidity and nauseatingly predictable victim olympics, that totally won't anger or alienate others, on display at the website.

We no longer tolerate racist language, we're getting better at dealing with sexist language, but sadly we're still not actively addressing homophobic and transphobic language in our society.

Racist language is no longer tolerated according to this site. Fucking awesome news man. Hey everybody, we no longer tolerate racist language as a society according to some website with extremely poorly implemented ways of measuring homophobia on Twitter. Mission accomplished! Glad we no longer have to worry about that problem.

What a comically misguided website. The technical aspects and inaccuracies having already been touched on, check out the stupidity and nauseatingly predictable victim olympics, that totally won't anger or alienate others, on display at the website.

Racist language is no longer tolerated according to this site. Fucking awesome news man. Hey everybody, we no longer tolerate racist language as a society according to some website with extremely poorly implemented ways of measuring homophobia on Twitter. Mission accomplished! Glad we no longer have to worry about that problem.
Now be nice...

They are just useful idiots, doing what useful idiots do. They can't help it.

Reactions: heybarkeep
Now be nice...

They are just useful idiots, doing what useful idiots do. They can't help it.

Their hearts are in the right place! Well, that's debatable I suppose. They mean well! Huh, not quite sure about that one either to be honest. They tried! Yeah, that works I guess. The hand-waving wouldn't even be so bad if they didn't feel the need to pretend that racist language is no longer tolerated. Everything is a competition to be seen as the most persecuted for some reason. So frustrating to constantly see because ultimately the only thing this attitude will lead to is isolation and ill will from those that deal with the same problems.

Reactions: Gen and JoleneBrody
Status
Not open for further replies.