AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are some good camsites as of 2017

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMimi420

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 15, 2015
Belise
twitter.com
Twitter Username
@MissMimi420
MFC Username
mimibbi420
So I started camming on MFC back in 2015 & kinda shot myself in the foot with it really. I didn't do my research, I didn't devote enough time, ect.. and feel like I messed my entire "cam career"
Since then I have done SO MUCH research about so many cam related topics, but Can not find any up-to-date information on GOOD camsites.
I think I would like to do a mix of Phone Sex/Text and camming along with content sales (which I would use MV for) and I'm totally willing to try out MFC again, when I'm ready.
So my real question is, what sites are you working from? How do you generate most of your traffic?

Reactions: lolawantsu2
MFC is still one of the best cam sites. It's the best public chat based site, whereas Streamate would be the best private/show based site.

I almost feel like it would be best for me to start out on Streamate. Do you know if a models camscore "starts over" if you would, over a certain about of time after you've deleted your Account? That's my problem, i can go back to MFC but I am pretty sure I'll have the same 700 camscore. :/
MFC is still one of the best cam sites. It's the best public chat based site, whereas Streamate would be the best private/show based site.

I almost feel like it would be best for me to start out on Streamate. Do you know if a models camscore "starts over" if you would, over a certain about of time after you've deleted your Account? That's my problem, i can go back to MFC but I am pretty sure I'll have the same 700 camscore. :/
We aren't positive how or if the algorithm for camscore changes if you've been gone a long time. If you reactivated your previous account, you'd just have to hit the ground running. Camscore is based on your tokens vs. broadcast time over a 60-calendar day average. We have come to a conclusion that *something* is different upon returning but not sure exact details. If you logged back on and made the most of your first 10-20 hours on cam, I imagine you could raise it but the score may not visually update that quick.

There's a possibility you could make a new account and start fresh but you'd need to use all new info/pics/profile details/email, etc. You'd still need to hit the ground running to take advantage of the new model status, and even then 1000 isn't that much higher than 700.

A 1000 camscore needs about 450 tokens/hour to maintain. Double that for a 2000 score and so on.

I really liked MFC and probably would have done really great there had I known what I was doing ☹️

From a member's perspective on MFC:

If you crapped your scamscore, then it won't be easy, but it is possible. And occasionally members will check out the bottom for hidden gems. One model that I followed went from a score in 200s to the 3000s in about 18 months. And 3000 is nothing to sneeze at. It puts a model well above new models. You may be shooting for higher and that's great, but it is possible, just so you know.

As a cam girl who had to start over... I found that REALLY starting over (new email, new profile, new stage name etc.) was very helpful for me. It took away a lot of that "starting over" paranoia, and really felt like a fresh start. Granted, I took a 2+ year break from camming, so it's not like I had any regulars waiting around for me.

You just have to do what's best for you, of course. :h:

We aren't positive how or if the algorithm for camscore changes if you've been gone a long time. If you reactivated your previous account, you'd just have to hit the ground running. Camscore is based on your tokens vs. broadcast time over a 60-calendar day average. We have come to a conclusion that *something* is different upon returning but not sure exact details. If you logged back on and made the most of your first 10-20 hours on cam, I imagine you could raise it but the score may not visually update that quick.

There's a possibility you could make a new account and start fresh but you'd need to use all new info/pics/profile details/email, etc. You'd still need to hit the ground running to take advantage of the new model status, and even then 1000 isn't that much higher than 700.

A 1000 camscore needs about 450 tokens/hour to maintain. Double that for a 2000 score and so on.
No you're totally right 1000 isn't much more than 700. The new model tag is what I really need to take advantage of. I've already created new emails, and am even going to create new social media accounts. I think that if I start from scratch and really take advantage of my time and resources, I could make MFC work. I really enjoyed the site, but it tends to be unforgiving LOL

From a member's perspective on MFC:

If you crapped your scamscore, then it won't be easy, but it is possible. And occasionally members will check out the bottom for hidden gems. One model that I followed went from a score in 200s to the 3000s in about 18 months. And 3000 is nothing to sneeze at. It puts a model well above new models. You may be shooting for higher and that's great, but it is possible, just so you know.
Thank you ☺️

A 1000 camscore needs about 450 tokens/hour to maintain
Has anyone calculated what that amounts to in average member traffic for each hour? (Visiting members, not spending members. How much consistent member attention it takes to maintain a 1000 camscore?)

I guessed at a figure of about 13.5 member visitors per hour?
(Models/ cam sites seem to count a standard 'visit' as over 5 minutes... sounds reasonable enough.)

Has anyone calculated what that amounts to in average member traffic for each hour? (Visiting members, not spending members. How much consistent member attention it takes to maintain a 1000 camscore?)

I guessed at a figure of about 13.5 member visitors per hour?
(Models/ cam sites seem to count a standard 'visit' as over 5 minutes... sounds reasonable enough.)
No because it doesn't necessarily matter how many viewers you have to make the required tokens per hour. One or two people could make up the entirety of 1 hour's worth of tokens. Even if the room has 200 in it.

And viewers in a room on their own have no effect on camscore.

As a cam girl who had to start over... I found that REALLY starting over (new email, new profile, new stage name etc.) was very helpful for me. It took away a lot of that "starting over" paranoia, and really felt like a fresh start. Granted, I took a 2+ year break from camming, so it's not like I had any regulars waiting around for me.

You just have to do what's best for you, of course. :h:

@Mizz_Kleo Were you able to re-register with SM after you deleted your old profile? I tried SM a year ago for 2 weeks and did not realize that I was having major internet problems until I sucked it up and got a friend to watch my stream. It was a disaster. I live in a crowded apartment and wifi was not going to cut it, I should have used an ethernet connection from the start.

Anyways, I'd like to go on SM again but start over right. I'm not sure what the rules are on this though and understand if it's discouraged or explicitly not allowed. :/

@Mizz_Kleo Were you able to re-register with SM after you deleted your old profile? I tried SM a year ago for 2 weeks and did not realize that I was having major internet problems until I sucked it up and got a friend to watch my stream. It was a disaster. I live in a crowded apartment and wifi was not going to cut it, I should have used an ethernet connection from the start.

Anyways, I'd like to go on SM again but start over right. I'm not sure what the rules are on this though and understand if it's discouraged or explicitly not allowed. :/
Yes, I actually made an account on SM and am currently waiting for approval. I had no problems creating a new account.. So while I've been waiting, I've been reading all of their information. They actually have a HUGE support page that covers any questions I really have had during this whole thing. I downloaded the software they recommended also. I'm pretty excited about this "new chance" & will definitely be working my way back to MFC once I establish some type of following.

Update!!! After being inactive for so long, MFC does RESTART your profile. So i started tonight with all new name & photos with a new model tag and 1000 camscore. I'm taking your advice amber and trying to AT LEAST maintain a 450 token/per hour so I don't negatively effect my camscore. Which shouldn't be hard bc Snapchat is 499, so if I sell one Snapchat an hour I should be good. I hit the ground running tonight & made an ok amount for camming only a few hours. I plan to cam 24/7 until my new model tag is gone && hopefully I can establish a following in the next few days. I feel really good about it & im setting my daily goals a little low to start out. But I know if I stay persistent & confident I'll be at the top one day!!

On a shitty note; seeing myself on cam for the first time in two years really made me realize how out of shape I am..

Update!!! After being inactive for so long, MFC does RESTART your profile. So i started tonight with all new name & photos with a new model tag and 1000 camscore. I'm taking your advice amber and trying to AT LEAST maintain a 450 token/per hour so I don't negatively effect my camscore. Which shouldn't be hard bc Snapchat is 499, so if I sell one Snapchat an hour I should be good. I hit the ground running tonight & made an ok amount for camming only a few hours. I plan to cam 24/7 until my new model tag is gone && hopefully I can establish a following in the next few days. I feel really good about it & im setting my daily goals a little low to start out. But I know if I stay persistent & confident I'll be at the top one day!!

On a shitty note; seeing myself on cam for the first time in two years really made me realize how out of shape I am..
So how long were you inactive? This could be helpful information for others wondering the same thing.

I've been inactive since March 2016. So did you delete your old account and remake it or did they just restart it for you? I wasn't even on cam long enough to use all the new model status. :(

According to my unchanged settings as a member on MFC "new model" lasts for 7 days. I can change it to 3, 14, 30, 60 or 90 days. On the MFC wiki it says "A New Model tag means she is new to the site (click Settings to change what it means for a model to be listed as New)."
I have seen that 10 hour number before, where is that based on, as it does not seem to be the case.

• Helpful!
Reactions: headgasket
According to my unchanged settings as a member on MFC "new model" lasts for 7 days. I can change it to 3, 14, 30, 60 or 90 days. On the MFC wiki it says "A New Model tag means she is new to the site (click Settings to change what it means for a model to be listed as New)."
I have seen that 10 hour number before, where is that based on, as it does not seem to be the case.
I lost new model status my second time online. The second time I logged on was way under 24 hours after I had logged off. Cammed for 6-7 hours, slept, woke up, went on cam again. I lost new model status before I even logged off.

Doesn't the new model status start when you activate your account and not on first broadcast? I've seen model accounts that have never broadcast and don't have new model status.

Hello darling! I was able to re-register. Once they delete your profile, all of your info (drivers license/passport/anything) is out of their system, I'm pretty sure. I didn't have a problem starting over on SM. Good luck!

• Hugs
Reactions: MissMimi420
I tried my luck on mfc some days ago. While I do really well on chaturbate so far I fail on mfc. My camscore has gone down to about 600 in just some days. I don't sell any pictures, social media, videos, "pure" camming if you want. It looks like this is very hard to do on mfc, at least harder than on chaturbate.

Settings on my MFC model account?

I tried my luck on mfc some days ago. While I do really well on chaturbate so far I fail on mfc. My camscore has gone down to about 600 in just some days. I don't sell any pictures, social media, videos, "pure" camming if you want. It looks like this is very hard to do on mfc, at least harder than on chaturbate.
I cant tell if ive lost my new model tag or not.. ive cammed for about 12 hours over the weekend & am about to test my luck again. I did good for the time I put in, could've done better but Idk I feel mfc is a tough site. I'm gonna try CB in a few days tbh & I'm still waiting to be approved on SM & MV. Ive met some awesome people on mfc tho & am not gonna let my hopes get down over camscore. :)

My score did go up & I average at about 20-40 people in my room.. if I'm naked/half naked/or someone's tipped for something I get about 60-100 people in the room so things will get moving I'm sure. My problem now is people are just quiettttttttt!!!! I think I'm gonna unmute basics just bc I know they'll speak! LOL

An easy way to check if you still have the new model tag is to open a different browser or a private/incognito window when you're online. Go to the MFC homepage, do not log in and search for your name.

I cant tell if ive lost my new model tag or not.. ive cammed for about 12 hours over the weekend & am about to test my luck again. I did good for the time I put in, could've done better but Idk I feel mfc is a tough site. I'm gonna try CB in a few days tbh & I'm still waiting to be approved on SM & MV. Ive met some awesome people on mfc tho & am not gonna let my hopes get down over camscore. :)
New model status has changed it is up to the members to select how long they consider a model to be new. The default is 7 days, I have mine set for 30 days. I think it starts the day of your first broadcast, no reason to ration out 10 hours anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.