AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are the best OBS beauty filters?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden Peach

Cam Model
Jul 12, 2019
Europe
aidenpeach.com
Twitter Username
@realaidenpeach
Chaturbate Username
aidenpeach
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002811892/Aiden-Peach/
I am looking for a filter that does what your camera does when you take pictures, removes "imperfections" from the skin and make you look "better".

Are there any filter like this for OBS and can you recommend any?

I am looking for a filter that does what your camera does when you take pictures, removes "imperfections" from the skin and make you look "better".

Are there any filter like this for OBS and can you recommend any?
Anything that is filtering your video in real-time at that level is going to be a huge processing drain, I would think. Much like what happened to the woman in the link in the reply above, if I were using such a thing, I would be concerned with glitching due to the effort a machine has to put in to apply a filter to a live video. So if you are able to find something like this that exists, your equipment is going to need to be pretty mighty to run it reliably and produce a high-quality live feed for your viewers.

Reactions: Pia and Aiden Peach
Anything that is filtering your video in real-time at that level is going to be a huge processing drain, I would think. Much like what happened to the woman in the link in the reply above, if I were using such a thing, I would be concerned with glitching due to the effort a machine has to put in to apply a filter to a live video. So if you are able to find something like this that exists, your equipment is going to need to be pretty mighty to run it reliably and produce a high-quality live feed for your viewers.

I will not be using anything like what she did, seemed to change her facial structure and add makeup etc but just a simple.. touch up filter, if there is such a thing. I have a decent rig but will have to test it out before going live. If I can not find a simple filter I will just skip it :)

I will not be using anything like what she did, seemed to change her facial structure and add makeup etc but just a simple.. touch up filter, if there is such a thing. I have a decent rig but will have to test it out before going live. If I can not find a simple filter I will just skip it :)
You can use lut files to color grade your cam, some make drastic changes and apply a lot of smoothing, others are more subtle. You would have to play about with a couple to see if it's what your looking for. I sometimes use them since I like having a more cinematic look on my cam, cant remember where I got mine from but there was a bunch of free to use ones (which is what I was using) It mainly toned down some of the red and boosted the blue and then a little more tweaking in the color correction filter and I managed to get the look I was after. Lut's also dont add much weight to the process since it's just a color file so could be worth taking a look at if that is what you are looking for when you say "filters"

You can use lut files to color grade your cam, some make drastic changes and apply a lot of smoothing, others are more subtle. You would have to play about with a couple to see if it's what your looking for. I sometimes use them since I like having a more cinematic look on my cam, cant remember where I got mine from but there was a bunch of free to use ones (which is what I was using) It mainly toned down some of the red and boosted the blue and then a little more tweaking in the color correction filter and I managed to get the look I was after. Lut's also dont add much weight to the process since it's just a color file so could be worth taking a look at if that is what you are looking for when you say "filters"

Thank you! Will look into it!

I think most people just use soft lighting and higher contrast to help smooth everything out and hide blemishes.

There is also SnapCamera, which is basically all the snapchat filters for your computer.

Can't recommend any, but this news might be related: https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-49151042

Kotaku covered this. 'Your Highness' covered her face while streaming. So all viewers could see was the clothing she was wearing. She actually had a goal of 14,500 for a face reveal.

She hinted what she looked at by posting old photos on social media. People assumed her age because the photos were of a younger person. And also because of how she presented herself on stream.

I wonder how close she got to her goal of 14,500. I'm also curious how she's doing as a streamer. I mean do her fans accept her for who she is? Do they still tune in and enjoy her content?

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
😂 Sorry, I misunderstood! I'm glad you got some wiser responses than mine!

I second the use of luts!

This is the pack of 30 I use and the instructions for getting set up are clear and comprehensive. Between the luts and bright, flattering lighting, I'm satisfied.
SnapCamera can be resource-heavy on an older PC; I'm looking forward to testing it out again with more recent hardware.

😂 Sorry, I misunderstood! I'm glad you got some wiser responses than mine!

Haha no worries :)

I second the use of luts!

This is the pack of 30 I use and the instructions for getting set up are clear and comprehensive. Between the luts and bright, flattering lighting, I'm satisfied.
SnapCamera can be resource-heavy on an older PC; I'm looking forward to testing it out again with more recent hardware.

Seems to be what I was looking for, thx!

Haha no worries :)

Seems to be what I was looking for, thx!
you should have a couple already in obs, if you right click your cam, click filters and then the plus button on the pop up and select lut. there should already be a couple loded in, atm I am using the teal lut at about 50% to take down some of the red as I have a red curtain next to me and the sun shining through it was making me overly red. In the filter menu you can also add color correction too :)

I attached some pics with and without the lut and color correction, the suns stopped shining through the curtain now so without is not as red anymore, but I still prefer the look with tbh. background in the corrected one is pretty artifacted since it's gone dark since I started, gonna have to sort out some lights for behind me I think.

Attachments

• with lut and color correction.PNG
    with lut and color correction.PNG
    723.8 KB · Views: 31
  • no correction.PNG
    no correction.PNG
    781.2 KB · Views: 31
FYI You can create your own LUT filters in PhotoShop & Other Image Editors.

Start with your raw web cam in OBS, Create a few still shots
Open the stills in PhotoShop
Use Image Adjustment layer(s) to make the change you want, hue, saturation, curves, tint, extra

Open the Default OBS lut in photoshop
C > Program File (x86) > obs-studio > data > obs-plugins > obs-filters > LUTs > original.png
or
/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/data/obs-plugins/obs-filters/LUTs/orginal.png

Copy and Paste your Adjustment layers from the stills into into the orginal.png

Use Save as to save a copy of orginal.png to your desktop.

in OBS > Camera > Filter > + > Apply LUT > browse > select that orginal.png you saved to your desktop.

If your using photoshop, you may also want to look at the Camera Raw Filter. It just has a lot of LUT settings in one place for quick and easy access.

Reactions: Kirby and Dan N
Has anyone successfully used the snap camera while streaming? It looks like a lot of fun but I'd be a bit worried about privacy/location data.

Has anyone successfully used the snap camera while streaming? It looks like a lot of fun but I'd be a bit worried about privacy/location data.

I've seen models use it on CB.
It's a stand alone app.

You just open snap camera, Set your camera as the input.
and then open OBS, and set the camera input in OBS to snap camera.

It's same concept as using manycam.

Snap Cam is just snapchat filters, it's not the full snapchat app. You don't login to snap chat. Your not sending snaps to snapchat. GPS isn't involved. There no snapchat friend list. No snap chat instant messaging / video messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.