AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What camming hardware do you use?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that a big question I have and likely many other cammers have is what equipment to use, when is it worth it to make a big investment on high-end streaming hardware? I notice that the price gap between a logitech C920 which I use and an entry level DSLR camera is about $450. I want to start a thread where cammers can share their hardware and explain why they think it's worth it to spend the extra money for the high quality equipment or if it's a waste. People can also feel free to share why they think it's wiser to buy less expensive gear that will get the trick done.

Anyways, I'll start:

-2x Logitech c920 (for picture in picture angles)
-Audiotechnica - AT2020 (I was so glad when I finally got this microphone, my voice was so much more clear compared to using the mic's on the webcams. Also the fact that you can adjust your cam without causing a lot of noise is quite a bonus to me personally. They're about $99 on amazon but really any cardioid condenser microphone will sound basically identical.)
-I also do all my streaming through obs and use my mixer to route all the audio directly to the stream so I can play music in high quality and not even need to use speakers

So that's my setup, I like it a lot, but I feel like there's something im missing. Not quite sure though. Feel free to give your opinions on my setup and i'm excited to hear what everyone thinks is the best most affordable way to make everyone's stream seem as professional as it can be!

Cheers,
Nap (nerdsandpervs)

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
this is my setup

nikon d5600
yeti usb mic
ring light (or 2 depending on my mood)

i've used the c920, 930e, and brio. i really liked the brio & think if you want really good quality without having to use a dslr (yet) the brio is a great choice. I think slowly but surely, depending wher4e a model cams of course, better streams are going to be prioritized. so just upgrade as you can when you can. i think it's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.