AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What comic books are you reading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lua Moon

Cam Model
Jun 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Twitter Username
@sleepymoonpi
MFC Username
HelloLua
A few months I got deeply invested in Saga by Image comics and since then I’m obsessed and haven’t took the time to read much else...I ordered Deadpool classics #1 last week in the hopes to get into the series but I have a feeling it’s not the right place to start in terms of the Deadpool timeline. (oops)

What are you reading right now that you’re enjoying? Do you have any recommendations? :bookworm:

I have a pretty huge backlog of comics, but lately, I've only really been interested in the stuff I've read a dozen times. I'm not sure why that is.

I'm rereading Bone right now. It really is an amazing book. It's no wonder it won all the awards for like a decade, and is heavily credited with helping to fully legitimize self-published comics. It should be a part of the library of anyone who loves comics.

Reactions: Lua Moon
Ah! I love Saga! I'm currently testing out the Beauty comics, as well as catching up on Sex Criminals. I picked up a few randoms when I last went to the store because they looked fairly interesting, so I'll update you if those become anything.
If you ever need recommendations, hit me up! I'm on a bit of a Marvel and DC hiatus after binging my favorite superhero comics for a while, and now I'm on whatever this kick is, but yeah.

allll the archies but nothing else at the moment. Ive never been a comic girl..however I love love love me some superhero movies

I also love Saga and Sex Criminals... Rat Queens and The Walking Dead are two comics I really enjoy and I just finished "My Favorite Thing is Monsters" by Emil Ferris which is the first volume of a graphic novel series (not sure how many volumes there will be but the second volume comes out September 2019)

Recently: Snot Girl, The Fix

Favorites: Fables, East of West, Saga, All of the Bat family's new 52, Sex Criminals, Sandman, Frank Miller's Batman, Lumberjacks, Low, Fairest, Injustice: God's Among Us, Powergirl & Harley Quinn, the Wicked and The Divine, Trees, and honestly a lot more that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Favorites: Fables, East of West, Saga, All of the Bat family's new 52, Sex Criminals, Sandman, Frank Miller's Batman, Lumberjacks, Low, Fairest, Injustice: God's Among Us, Powergirl & Harley Quinn, the Wicked and The Divine, Trees, and honestly a lot more that I cannot remember off the top of my head.
Oooh, I was wanting to start Snot Girl. Is it any good??

I bought Snot Girl recently but put it down after a few pages. I’m not sure why but it kind of annoys me? Which is a shame because I’d been wanting to get my hands on it for a while. :cry:

I also love Saga and Sex Criminals... Rat Queens and The Walking Dead are two comics I really enjoy and I just finished "My Favorite Thing is Monsters" by Emil Ferris which is the first volume of a graphic novel series (not sure how many volumes there will be but the second volume comes out September 2019)

Rat Queens is amazing! Have you tried reading Paper Girls? I’m on 4 now and I can’t wait for the next one!

Ah! I love Saga! I'm currently testing out the Beauty comics, as well as catching up on Sex Criminals. I picked up a few randoms when I last went to the store because they looked fairly interesting, so I'll update you if those become anything.
If you ever need recommendations, hit me up! I'm on a bit of a Marvel and DC hiatus after binging my favorite superhero comics for a while, and now I'm on whatever this kick is, but yeah.

If you have any recommendations on female superhero comic books then I’d definitely be interested! I’m really enjoying Deadpool atm and I’m not sure if that’s because he’s a bit more “underdoggy” than other superhero’s. I think the films for a lot of the big ones kind of ruined the idea of ever reading the comics.

If you have any recommendations on female superhero comic books then I’d definitely be interested! I’m really enjoying Deadpool atm and I’m not sure if that’s because he’s a bit more “underdoggy” than other superhero’s. I think the films for a lot of the big ones kind of ruined the idea of ever reading the comics.
If you're enjoying Deadpool, I'd really recommend looking into comedic + anti-heroes. So like... Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Poison Ivy (Gotham City Sirens is a fun time) for female villains with slightly more anti-hero leanings. Tons of great female heroes in X-Men. Wonder Woman was literally made by a super kinky dude who was into femdom and BDSM, which makes me love her 1000x more. I personally love Squirrel Girl for the comedic dorky weirdness. Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is always a fun intro into Marvel characters imo, especially if you already know you like Deadpool. Faith is a body positive superhero - I haven't personally read her comics, but they're on my list because of how much they're hyped up at my local comic shops. I'm currently reading some of the alt universe female versions of superheroes (i.e Spider Gwen) which can be fun if you're already a fan of the hero, or know enough about the original but don't want to go through their comics.

Reactions: Lua Moon
If you like Deadpool, check out Gwenpool. Super fun and self-contained in a way that means you won’t be confused if you’re not intimately familiar with the rest of the Marvel universe. You also might like Batwoman, she is great, I’d start with volume 1 which is called Hydrology. I also think the world needs more She-Hulk and that Charles Soule’s run of her is criminally underrated so I’d look that up if you haven’t read it. Vol 1 is Law and Disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.