AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do u do when you start your show? / Newbie doing sth wrong

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2020
Hi y'all. I'm a new model on CB and things aren't going well at all.

I can't get viewers into my room. I've gone online on 2 different schedules and I have 10 viewers tops, and only once 2 of them tipped. I now have 28 tokens lol. I have a tip menu, then I changed to roll the dice, but nothing. No tippers, no viewers.

I have resting bitch face and when I go online I don't know what to do if no one's tipping or talking. I mean, a tried different things but I'm not going to do explicit stuff for free just to see if I get + viewers. I smile, I tried to talk, just chat, turning on music and dance, with and without makeup. Pants on and off, in bed, sitting, standing up.

I must say I've been online for less than a week, but I feel frustrated bc I have some purples most of the times but they stay around and never tip or talk. Is it always like this at the beginning?

I don't have the cash to upgrade my webcam (I have a Logi c525) and my lighting is not great, but it's not the worst and I honestly cannot afford to buy anything at the moment.
I know this is a very negative post and I apologize! is it too soon to tell? I'm totally open to ur suggestions.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Can you use daylight? I used to cam in mornings and daylight was my favorite.
Also my energy is higher then in evenings so that was beneficial too.
What helped me when I started on Chaturbate is that I was always moving around, posing and dancing. A lot of girls just sit in front of their camera and wait for some to talk to them. You can’t do that, it’s our job to entertain and while you don’t want to give away everything you must find way to stand out. Good eye catching camera snapshot helps.

I'm in a similar situation.

I would use tip menu and and at least 1 game bot (roll the dice, keno, spin the wheel) with cheaper prices. And encourage privates if you offer them. Sell pics and videos (if you are comfortable doing that) and use the fan club feature.

Spruce up your bio and use social media to drive some extra traffic.

I think it's too soon to tell. Not everyone will have any sort of success right out the gate and it can take some time to build up a following. Earnings as a cam model also fluctuates quite a lot, because it is only a small number of people who make a majority of your tips. Just aim to have a consistent schedule and try new things out till you find something that works.

Also there is always this idea about not giving away anything for free, but that doesn't always work for everyone. Sometimes it's a balancing act, you wanna be able to draw people in and keep them around, but also need to have something they'd want to tip for.

I remember when I first started out on cb I was down on myself cause I went a long time without being taken into private but the requests eventually starting rolling in. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get the results you want.

for a cheap lighting upgrade. standing light with reading combo. they are like $19.99 at walmart. tape white paper to the reading light portion and point it you.
71HLZKqEAhL._AC_SX466_.jpg

or get a standing lamp with 3 or more lights attached. still recommend taping paper to the heads to soften the light.
examples:
81Hu9GvX9vL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71P8BuCECFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My experience is with MFC, not CB, but I think the same goes for any public-based sites: it takes time. It was only when I started closing in on 1 year of camming regularly (at least 15 hours per week on cam, usually more like 20 to 25), that I started consistently having talkers and tippers. Even now, I still have days where I make $3 an hour. It's just the nature of camming.

My first 4 or so months on cam were especially slow. If I made $25 in 3 hours during that time, I was having a GREAT night.

Is it always like this at the beginning?

Often, yes. If you stick with it and put the time and effort in, it's possible to find success.

I had this problem with CB too and it's why I switched the Streamate. The vibes are totally different.

CB is more of a start the show to get their attention thing and Streamate is more of the get their attention then start the show.

That being said, I'd at least start in something sexy or half dressed. Starting clothed works for some people but if I start in pants it's usually not happening for me.

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
I feel you girl, it's tough to figure it out as you are starting. I'm currently on my second week and I've decided on CB.
I struggle with being patient (whoops) and I'm already thinking of switching sites.
But from what I've read so far here, yeaah, I should probably give it a break and keep at it.

Hi y'all. I'm a new model on CB and things aren't going well at all.

I can't get viewers into my room. I've gone online on 2 different schedules and I have 10 viewers tops, and only once 2 of them tipped. I now have 28 tokens lol. I have a tip menu, then I changed to roll the dice, but nothing. No tippers, no viewers.

I have resting bitch face and when I go online I don't know what to do if no one's tipping or talking. I mean, a tried different things but I'm not going to do explicit stuff for free just to see if I get + viewers. I smile, I tried to talk, just chat, turning on music and dance, with and without makeup. Pants on and off, in bed, sitting, standing up.

I must say I've been online for less than a week, but I feel frustrated bc I have some purples most of the times but they stay around and never tip or talk. Is it always like this at the beginning?

I don't have the cash to upgrade my webcam (I have a Logi c525) and my lighting is not great, but it's not the worst and I honestly cannot afford to buy anything at the moment.
I know this is a very negative post and I apologize! is it too soon to tell? I'm totally open to ur suggestions.

If it makes you feel any better, I watch a lot of Russian models, and some of those ladies are gorgeous and interesting beyond belief and still sit in nearly empty rooms. Finding the right formula is tough.

Do not assume that getting naked for free will bring in more tokens. It does for some models, but I have seen many where viewers just take it all in for free and the total number of tokens remains low.

What I think you should focus on is movement, lighting, and relationships. Moving around and posing and showing that you have energy and some seductive skill is important. That's a hook to get a viewer interested in staying. They can pay to see more, and some will.

Lighting is low-hanging fruit, and most new models get lighting wrong. I have seen good lighting increase an audience size from two to 10 times in less than a week. It makes a big difference and it is something you can fix cheaply. It just takes technical knowledge and time to do experiments.

The biggest mistake I see most models make is to pass up opportunities to meet and qualify new customers who ask questions in the room. Greys you might just ignore, but when a purple asks you a question and you ignore that or blow it off with a one or two word answer, he usually leaves and you lost a chance to qualify a new customer and test his willingness to pay.

One thing that concerns me is that you say you have a resting bitch face, combined with your saying you are not going to do anything for free. There are some models who just sit looking at the camera and get a very angry expression as the show goes on without anyone paying money. While I understand the frustration, that kind of *performance* is very uncomfortable to watch, and you will definitely have problems building an audience around that. Really focus on moving around and being interesting, even if that is all just an act, because being interesting is what hooks viewers on watching you regularly (and some of those convert to paying customers).

If it makes you feel any better, I watch a lot of Russian models, and some of those ladies are gorgeous and interesting beyond belief and still sit in nearly empty rooms. Finding the right formula is tough.

Do not assume that getting naked for free will bring in more tokens. It does for some models, but I have seen many where viewers just take it all in for free and the total number of tokens remains low.

What I think you should focus on is movement, lighting, and relationships. Moving around and posing and showing that you have energy and some seductive skill is important. That's a hook to get a viewer interested in staying. They can pay to see more, and some will.

Lighting is low-hanging fruit, and most new models get lighting wrong. I have seen good lighting increase an audience size from two to 10 times in less than a week. It makes a big difference and it is something you can fix cheaply. It just takes technical knowledge and time to do experiments.

The biggest mistake I see most models make is to pass up opportunities to meet and qualify new customers who ask questions in the room. Greys you might just ignore, but when a purple asks you a question and you ignore that or blow it off with a one or two word answer, he usually leaves and you lost a chance to qualify a new customer and test his willingness to pay.

One thing that concerns me is that you say you have a resting bitch face, combined with your saying you are not going to do anything for free. There are some models who just sit looking at the camera and get a very angry expression as the show goes on without anyone paying money. While I understand the frustration, that kind of *performance* is very uncomfortable to watch, and you will definitely have problems building an audience around that. Really focus on moving around and being interesting, even if that is all just an act, because being interesting is what hooks viewers on watching you regularly (and some of those convert to paying customers).
you gaved the best advice , on chaturbate guys likes to see a happy face always and sweet face . sometimes i had huge problems in my life but when i push start , i was all happy and smiling .

First of all always smile and be happy to be online. second, dont ignore noone, doest matter grey or not a grey might like you and buy tokens, thats happening daily,, they are humans too just didnt found the reason to buy tks yet, you might be his reason. And always show to everyone how important they are for you .. hi guys, im happy to be back, thnaks so much for beeing here with me i really need your support, im new and i need all of you here , please dont forget to follow i want you back in my room tomorow and so on . keep smiling , be cool and talk to them till some will get involed in conversation and making the room alive .. ofc camera , lightings and net got something to say also on cb ... u should try token kenno, , in the beginiing is good, guys might wanna win prices if they not to expensive .And most important dont ignore noone... i saw some new models just add a price to all the kenno numbers so guys tipping if they know for sure they win something ..

Status
Not open for further replies.