AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Do You Do to Prevent a Slow Room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yourfavebarbie

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 24, 2015
Twitter Username
@iamsilvermunat
MFC Username
SilverMunat
Chaturbate Username
silvermunat
Models, the past few days it's been SO slow for me when I log on. I'm not sure what's going on but it's normally not thissssss slow for me. What do you guys do to prevent a slow room and get your room filling up? (I'm not a cam model where I start off naked and don't plan to either) Any useful tips? It's making me feel a bit down like its something to do with me?

This seems obvious but I'm amazed how many girls don't do it: if you're going to tweet when you log on, ideally add a cute photo but more importantly, ADD YOUR LINK.

The main reason most camgirls try to accumulate twitter followers is to drive more traffic to your room, so make it easy for them by posting the link to your chat in your tweet!

This is my weirdest and most specific pet peeve, haha. But I think it can really make a difference, people are lazy and the more you can spoon-feed them, the better.

That won't necessarily fill your room but it's a start!

I'm a model who doesn't do any hardcore shows. So the nude part of my shows are what I have to build up to, so I totally understand not wanting to start off nude. When my room is empty/slow, I will usually try and entice my audience by doing face close ups with like sexy faces and will kind of pan the camera around my body. That usually sparks some kind of intrigue. If I don't want to solve it sexily, I'll usually ban some basics. That's always fun and can get premiums interested in conversation at the very least.

When I'm all organized and being a *good* camgirl I post on twitter, instagram, tumblr, and the news feed about 30 minutes before getting online. Yes I definitely agree with GenXoxo about posting a photo and your link! It makes a huge difference, at least for me. Also if you do snapchat, send a snap before going online too. I don't use my snapchat for marketing like "hey I'm getting online" but they pretty much know if it's a selfie in my cam room, then I'm probably about to get online and that I know also helps me. One of the worst things is to just stare at the screen blankly, you want to try to be doing something. So if my room count is low, I'll post a deal in the chat room like "if anyone tips for x i'll also give them y" (x being me doing something cool like spanks and what not) and that always helps bring more people in the room from seeing previews. But I think overall it is important to remember not just what gets more members in your room but what keeps them around. Also "filling up" doesn't mean "making money" and a low room count doesn't exactly mean it's slow. It's not uncommon for me to get online & be done with all my count downs in an hour from a handful of regulars.

It's not you beautiful. We all know that same feeling. Just stick with it, try and get a few regulars (if you want to) and try not to get discouraged.

I surely agree with providing a link to your actual cam room on MFC when you tweet! :)

Beyond that, I set very low countdowns for my show to begin. Then, during the show, there are tip incentives going to reveal more. I find my room count will jump up when the show begins and that will usually result in some new tippers, a few of which will hopefully decide to come back and be regulars. :)

Using 4 photos on Twitter to post photos and linking promoters with a huge following (100k+) helps me a lot. I'll post a Twitter video too sometimes and that gets loads of RTs with my cam link. I also Snapchat individually when I log on, which I rarely do since I have a lot of snap friends. XD

Just in room, I have playlists of songs I love to sing/dance to and the energy helps whoever is in the room to be entertained even if it's slow. I have a spinning barstool and I'll do cute poses on it to try and attract more viewers, too.

I agree with SloaneQ about the close-ups. I don't start nude either, but I always have fun doing a little tease while I'm grabbing different angles.
Another thing that may help is starting a game where the players could potentially win naughty prizes without putting too many tokens at stake (like spinning a wheel or clearing a number board).
Also keep in mind that a low headcount in the room isn't necessarily a bad thing. A room of only 10 tippers is better than one with only 100 freeloaders.

This seems obvious but I'm amazed how many girls don't do it: if you're going to tweet when you log on, ideally add a cute photo but more importantly, ADD YOUR LINK.

The main reason most camgirls try to accumulate twitter followers is to drive more traffic to your room, so make it easy for them by posting the link to your chat in your tweet!

This is my weirdest and most specific pet peeve, haha. But I think it can really make a difference, people are lazy and the more you can spoon-feed them, the better.

That won't necessarily fill your room but it's a start!
Yeah, I do this. It's just in general I lately have been having slow nights. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Gen
When I'm all organized and being a *good* camgirl I post on twitter, instagram, tumblr, and the news feed about 30 minutes before getting online. Yes I definitely agree with GenXoxo about posting a photo and your link! It makes a huge difference, at least for me. Also if you do snapchat, send a snap before going online too. I don't use my snapchat for marketing like "hey I'm getting online" but they pretty much know if it's a selfie in my cam room, then I'm probably about to get online and that I know also helps me. One of the worst things is to just stare at the screen blankly, you want to try to be doing something. So if my room count is low, I'll post a deal in the chat room like "if anyone tips for x i'll also give them y" (x being me doing something cool like spanks and what not) and that always helps bring more people in the room from seeing previews. But I think overall it is important to remember not just what gets more members in your room but what keeps them around. Also "filling up" doesn't mean "making money" and a low room count doesn't exactly mean it's slow. It's not uncommon for me to get online & be done with all my count downs in an hour from a handful of regulars.

It's not you beautiful. We all know that same feeling. Just stick with it, try and get a few regulars (if you want to) and try not to get discouraged.
That is a good point of view! I mean, I guess you don't necessarily need a ton of people in your room in order to be making good tips online. Thank you for this! :)

Reactions: KoriNicole1
Using 4 photos on Twitter to post photos and linking promoters with a huge following (100k+) helps me a lot. I'll post a Twitter video too sometimes and that gets loads of RTs with my cam link. I also Snapchat individually when I log on, which I rarely do since I have a lot of snap friends. XD

Just in room, I have playlists of songs I love to sing/dance to and the energy helps whoever is in the room to be entertained even if it's slow. I have a spinning barstool and I'll do cute poses on it to try and attract more viewers, too.
Thank you for this! :) I remember when I first started camming and I'd just sit there and sing and get up at random and start dancing that'd keep people tipping and entertained. Thank you for this! :) I just bought a dry erase board but I don't know what type of "games" to do with it lol. Any suggestions?

I just bought a dry erase board but I don't know what type of "games" to do with it lol. Any suggestions?

My favourite white board game is guess the number. I have a $10 whiteboard/dry erase board from ikea that's pretty large and stands up a bit like an easel, so it's nice to cross out the numbers and give them a little peak or such while I bend over and do that. ;b You could probably play hi/lo on there too, just put the number out there pretty large and the title? You could also use it to list prizes for roll the dice.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
@yourfavebarbie I've noticed that you like to respond to numerous replies in a thread, each taking up its own post. Here's some helpful advice on how to reply to each person in one post.

First, click the "add quote" button on the bottom of every post you want to reply to:
quote.png

Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Insert Quotes."quote2.png

Click "Quote these messages." You will see all of the responses in your reply box. Each post is surrounded by [ QUOTE ] at the beginning and end. Don't change the text. Just go below the [ /QUOTE ] part at the end of the first response, write your reply, then below the second, reply to it, and so forth. When you're done, select "More options." Click "Preview" to see how it will show to other viewers. You can still change and edit it in this step. And finally, click "Reply to Thread" after you have all of your thoughts organized into a clear, concise response.

Hope this helps!

:finger::finger::finger:
@yourfavebarbie I've noticed that you like to respond to numerous replies in a thread, each taking up its own post. Here's some helpful advice on how to reply to each person in one post.

First, click the "add quote" button on the bottom of every post you want to reply to:
View attachment 56953

Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Insert Quotes."View attachment 56954

Click "Quote these messages." You will see all of the responses in your reply box. Each post is surrounded by [ QUOTE ] at the beginning and end. Don't change the text. Just go below the [ /QUOTE ] part at the end of the first response, write your reply, then below the second, reply to it, and so forth. When you're done, select "More options." Click "Preview" to see how it will show to other viewers. You can still change and edit it in this step. And finally, click "Reply to Thread" after you have all of your thoughts organized into a clear, concise response.

Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks!:finger:

My favourite white board game is guess the number. I have a $10 whiteboard/dry erase board from ikea that's pretty large and stands up a bit like an easel, so it's nice to cross out the numbers and give them a little peak or such while I bend over and do that. ;b You could probably play hi/lo on there too, just put the number out there pretty large and the title? You could also use it to list prizes for roll the dice.
What the heck is hi/lo? :bored: I had a viewer last night say the game "pick a number" is popular too? Where they have to tip whichever number they want erased.

What the heck is hi/lo? :bored: I had a viewer last night say the game "pick a number" is popular too? Where they have to tip whichever number they want erased.

Pick a number is super popular, and you can type it in the chat too to grab interest of new viewers. Hi/lo would be like if I gave you numbers 1-100, and when you guess I tell you if the number is higher or lower. It helps the chat work together in my experience~!

Pick a number is super popular, and you can type it in the chat too to grab interest of new viewers. Hi/lo would be like if I gave you numbers 1-100, and when you guess I tell you if the number is higher or lower. It helps the chat work together in my experience~!
Okay, that makes sense and sounds like fun too. So, if they guess the number what do you prize them? &Do you typically charge a tip for them to guess a number, how much?

Okay, that makes sense and sounds like fun too. So, if they guess the number what do you prize them? &Do you typically charge a tip for them to guess a number, how much?

They typically tip for the number quantity that they're guessing, though you could do a flat rate like 33tk to guess the number. I start it at ~10-15 and do a short flash for every guess, and the winner will get something good like snap for life and a few videos, or a video pack-- something along those lines. :)

Oy I had every trick /game/ today....and it was like crickets..I want to challenge myself to stay on longer EVEN when it its slow...I had a decent amount of people in my room...with just two people talking.No tipping or if they did like 1 token....I hope all September is not like this...its hard not to be discouraged.
I am REALLY happy I am not alone though!
:h:

They typically tip for the number quantity that they're guessing, though you could do a flat rate like 33tk to guess the number. I start it at ~10-15 and do a short flash for every guess, and the winner will get something good like snap for life and a few videos, or a video pack-- something along those lines. :)

Thank you!:shame::shame::shame::shame::shame:

Oy I had every trick /game/ today....and it was like crickets..I want to challenge myself to stay on longer EVEN when it its slow...I had a decent amount of people in my room...with just two people talking.No tipping or if they did like 1 token....I hope all September is not like this...its hard not to be discouraged.

Yeah, that is exactly how I felt. It completely discouraged me and I went hiatus for about a week. Then I decided that it's not just me and that I'm going to keep trying and make it work! It's just a matter and keeping my room fun and finding the perfect time to sign on especially when there's over 1k girls on the site! I hope it gets better for you this month babe! :kiss:

Omg, today has been awful. I got on at 12:30PM EDT and logged off an hour later because of how dead it was, not even 10 people even though I normally have 20-40. I got back on at 3:00PM EDT and same story, barely any tokens and not worth staying on. I'm trying to troop through 2-3 more hours but I don't think I have it in me, so bummed. Got over 40k followers on Twitter and they just aren't showing up for shit.

Summer weather has ended in the UK, days are getting shorter. Most people will be back to a winter schedule starting Monday 8th of September.

Omg, today has been awful. I got on at 12:30PM EDT and logged off an hour later because of how dead it was, not even 10 people even though I normally have 20-40. I got back on at 3:00PM EDT and same story, barely any tokens and not worth staying on. I'm trying to troop through 2-3 more hours but I don't think I have it in me, so bummed. Got over 40k followers on Twitter and they just aren't showing up for shit.

I know how that goes! I'm so sorry babe. :sorry: I hope it gets better for you! Last night I thankfully had about 70 people in my room and it was pretty steady with tips. But, you never know it's a different story each day.:nailbiting:

• Hugs
Reactions: alli
:finger::finger::finger:

Ok, thanks!:finger:

I just realized after someone brought it to my attention that this isn't a thumbs up and I see it now and I truly apologize I didn't realize that this was a flipping off emoji until after going back to see it. I'm so sorry. I seriously thought it was a thumbs up when I replied earlier today.:lipssealed:

I just realized after someone brought it to my attention that this isn't a thumbs up and I see it now and I truly apologize I didn't realize that this was a flipping off emoji until after going back to see it. I'm so sorry. I seriously thought it was a thumbs up when I replied earlier today.:lipssealed:

First time I saw it I thought the same thing.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
First time I saw it I thought the same thing.

Yeah I feel horrible now. I tried apologizing on this thread but after the user rated my post with "WTF" I'm pretty sure she ignored me as a user on here so she isn't able to see my apology.:( I would never intentionally be that cruel on a forum where we're here to help one another.

Yeah I feel horrible now. I tried apologizing on this thread but after the user rated my post with "WTF" I'm pretty sure she ignored me as a user on here so she isn't able to see my apology.:( I would never intentionally be that cruel on a forum where we're here to help one another.

I think you're talking about me, but I didn't mean to rate your post as anything. I understand! Emotes are confusing!!! But just a heads-up, if you hover your mouse over each emote, it'll tell you what it's called! :wacky:

I think you're talking about me, but I didn't mean to rate your post as anything. I understand! Emotes are confusing!!! But just a heads-up, if you hover your mouse over each emote, it'll tell you what it's called! :wacky:

LOL. Thank you! I am on my phone so it doesn't tell me what they are labeled as:sweating: I'll be sure to pay more attention to my emojis on here:blush:

For I find that as long as you don't look completely bored and like you'd rather be doing anything else but camming, people will come. if you're entertaining yourself chances are your viewers will be entertained as well. But there will always be slow days and busy days. Can't always be prepared for it. Just part of the job I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.