AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do to stay pretty?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2017
Twitter Username
@rebeccathered1
Chaturbate Username
rebeccathered
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/12/RebeccaTheRed/
I'm "mature" ha ha, can't say "just plain old"! I need some new ideas for taking care of my skin, body, and hair and keeping things in place as the months and years go by.

I use moisturizers and serums, do a facial self-massage now and then, and I've been reading about red light therapy. I know I should drink more water (working on that), and cut down or cut out the sugar.

What do you do to keep it all together?

Yeah, I think diet, exercise, right amount of water, meditation, minimising stress and spf is really all you can do. Everything else is just pseudoscience products and procedures designed, marketed and sold by the beauty industry to make us women feel bad for ageing! At the end of the day it's like 90% down to the genetic lottery 😅

A little detail that definitely makes a difference to me is scrubbing my lips every day. I use ground coffeeb and a bit of jojoba oil for that. Keeps them plump and glossy, yet natural looking.

Keeping your skin clean and moisturized after removing your makeup is very basic but we often forget that... I've been using a cleanser called "baking powder" by Etude House and it's just amazing!

I totally agree with @Sashacurves though that all of this is what works for me and might not work for you and the most important thing is to be kind to yourself, eat well, sleep well and exercise whenever you can (although I do count my shows as exercising!) - definitely easier said than done

It's totally worth it to get a facial every few months. Microdermabrasion helps with lines and dry skin and is more mild than a peel. Peels can be good too.

Using an AHA and BHA (Murad has a good one) cleanser a couple times a week is great as well.
Retinol at night works wonders(not the best for sensitive skin)

I went to school for esthetics, skin care is a passion of mine!

For antiaging I couldn't recommend retin a more. It can be hard to get ahold of and tricky to use but it's sooo worth it.
For body and mind weight lifting and meditation.

Reactions: Rebecca_The_Red
It’s hammered into my head to avoid the sun (minus the healthy recommendation + using an SPF) and stress as much as you can. Alcohol and nicotine are obvious things to avoid/cut back on too.

So I am with you in the mature category. I do a lot of stuff. Like a lot. 😂 Botox quarterly and fillers every 9-12 months. I avoid the sun at all costs. I had a serious skin cancer 20 years ago so I learned the hard way, but live in FL so it's hard. I try to buy products with SPF in them all the time. So moisturizer with spf, a foundation with spf, powder with spf. Get it wherever I can because it makes a huge difference. For my previously done sun damage, I used several products to work away from those layers of top layers of skin. I swear I've become a coinessour of skincare through the years because expensive doesn't mean better. (People tell me I should do I youtube channel on it because during covid I used up all the products I bought and wrote notes on what was good or bad. (such a freaking nerd.)

Besides that, I just do my best with what I have to work with. I've had 4 kids (almost all are grown) so am MUCH older than people think. Try to drink water and remember to smile. I think that's what's especially attractive is just to be happy. Do your best to reduce your stress and enjoy life --its what gives the best shine IMO.

It’s hammered into my head to avoid the sun (minus the healthy recommendation + using an SPF) and stress as much as you can. Alcohol and nicotine are obvious things to avoid/cut back on too.
Staying out of the sun is absolutely #1. The difference between my skin as an Arizona transplant who is still mostly nocturnal and the skin of someone who has lived here their whole life and spends more time outdoors is extreme! I don't go out here for even a few minutes without SPF.

I've only just turned 40, and don't really have many age-related skin complaints just yet. I'm mostly doing my best to keep my skin and body hydrated. I do use the The Ordinary's Argireline for forehead creases. They weren't actually bad to begin with, I'm just vain, but now they're pretty much completely invisible.

Besides that, I use glycolic acid or lactic acid every 2-3 days to keep my cells turning over (currently between brands--currently I'm using up this The Ordinary one, but it makes me feel sticky), and then just Cerave, sometimes with a few drops of some kind of oil if my skin is particularly dry. The type of oil doesn't seem to matter a ton, so I'm just going through a backlog of subscription box stuff. Right now it's a buzzword-filled Cannalogica Facial Hydration Oil with Full Spectrum Hemp Extract blah blah blah.

I've had conflicting diagnoses, but I do have some sort of skin condition, probably eczema/rosacea. I use azelaic acid if it happens to flare up on my face, which seems to help with the redness. Amlactin (12% lactic acid) usually works for the rest of my body, if things aren't bad enough to resort to my steroid cream prescription. I'd use it every day, but it smells funky and I'm just lazy, because I'm also needing to cover the entire surface of my skin with SPF.

I'm currently looking for a new, inexpensive oil cleanser, since the Julep one that worked for me no longer really exists. At least I managed to grab a bunch of them on clearance at Target, so I have a few months left! Other types of cleansers leave my skin too dry.

Has anyone tried prescription Tretinoin or similar for wrinkles?
Tretinoin is super strong. If you start with 0.5 retinol 2x a week and build from there with a good moisturizer so you don't flake. Spa grade is plenty for most people unless you are fighting bad acne or deep-set wrinkles.

Staying out of the sun is absolutely #1. The difference between my skin as an Arizona transplant who is still mostly nocturnal and the skin of someone who has lived here their whole life and spends more time outdoors is extreme! I don't go out here for even a few minutes without SPF.

I've only just turned 40, and don't really have many age-related skin complaints just yet. I'm mostly doing my best to keep my skin and body hydrated. I do use the The Ordinary's Argireline for forehead creases. They weren't actually bad to begin with, I'm just vain, but now they're pretty much completely invisible.

Besides that, I use glycolic acid or lactic acid every 2-3 days to keep my cells turning over (currently between brands--currently I'm using up this The Ordinary one, but it makes me feel sticky), and then just Cerave, sometimes with a few drops of some kind of oil if my skin is particularly dry. The type of oil doesn't seem to matter a ton, so I'm just going through a backlog of subscription box stuff. Right now it's a buzzword-filled Cannalogica Facial Hydration Oil with Full Spectrum Hemp Extract blah blah blah.

I've had conflicting diagnoses, but I do have some sort of skin condition, probably eczema/rosacea. I use azelaic acid if it happens to flare up on my face, which seems to help with the redness. Amlactin (12% lactic acid) usually works for the rest of my body, if things aren't bad enough to resort to my steroid cream prescription. I'd use it every day, but it smells funky and I'm just lazy, because I'm also needing to cover the entire surface of my skin with SPF.

I'm currently looking for a new, inexpensive oil cleanser, since the Julep one that worked for me no longer really exists. At least I managed to grab a bunch of them on clearance at Target, so I have a few months left! Other types of cleansers leave my skin too dry.
My favorite too is the oil cleansers. I tried Dermalogica's version called Pre-Cleanser and fell in love deeper than I thought possible. However, DHC has a great one and Costco sold it in gigantic bottles at Christmas last year. I'm looking again this year and stocking up because that was clearly a special production for Costco specifically. The price point was amazing. I like Lancome's version too, but I will only buy that if I am trying to get to their free gifts too. Then it kind of balances out the $40 price.

I'm from FL (lots of sun) but lived in AZ for 8 months. I swear my skin started to shrivel up and die over those months!! I was aging fast. The hydration struggle is real out west. Good for you for staying focused! It's not easy.

Reactions: Lexieexotixxx
I love the recommendations here! I use the "oil cleansing method" to clean makeup off my face, and I use a blend of castor, sunflower, rosehip, and jojoba oils. I follow up with the CeraVe water-based cleanser, then witch hazel, a vitamin C serum, snail cream (which is popular in Korean skincare), and eye cream. I want to get more into masks and chemical peels, sometimes I feel like I need something more than exfoliation; I use to do red clay masks often but haven't in forever. For my hair I use Head and Shoulder's Royal Oils collection, which has scalp cream, hair elixir, wax, and other goodies. Sometimes I leave in Haeyo Mayo overnight. For my body I use Dr. Bronner's soap, a CeraVe lotion with hyaluronic acid, do microneedling monthly, and use retin-a for scars.

I get my hair and nails done at salons, I can totally justify those trips as business expenses.

I have eczema, too, mostly on my legs, and haven't found anything that works well yet! Definitely going to give Amlactin a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.